ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have problem reschedule appointment online

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

st_notes
Newly Registered

Have problem reschedule appointment online

Post by st_notes » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 am

Hi,

Wondering whether any of you had problem to re-schedule your booked appointment online? I booked an appointment for 3OCT for my ILR based on tier1. My tier1 expire 30OCT, I thought it might be too early. (Is it? not sure how they calculate the 28 days)

Then I try to re-schedule it tonight, it keeps saying you are not able to book an appointment due to technical issues, till finally it says no appointment available at Croydon. That was about 00:20.

Anyone experienced difficulty to re-schedule their appointment online? Or just I am unlucky today, too many people go for 5OCT appointment, as it's a Friday.

If I can't re-schedule, wondering whether 3OCT is alright for 30 OCT expire date?

andy77
Newly Registered

Re: Have problem reschedule appointment online

Post by andy77 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:08 am

hi

I think u need to calculate the 28 day qualfying period from date of entry clearance and not issue of visa date, but it can also differ case to case, the best way to clarify this is call ukba on their 0870 number, it is a bloody long hold though.

also for booking 5th oct, did u try 23rd midnight?
tkcr
st_notes wrote:Hi,

Wondering whether any of you had problem to re-schedule your booked appointment online? I booked an appointment for 3OCT for my ILR based on tier1. My tier1 expire 30OCT, I thought it might be too early. (Is it? not sure how they calculate the 28 days)

Then I try to re-schedule it tonight, it keeps saying you are not able to book an appointment due to technical issues, till finally it says no appointment available at Croydon. That was about 00:20.

Anyone experienced difficulty to re-schedule their appointment online? Or just I am unlucky today, too many people go for 5OCT appointment, as it's a Friday.

If I can't re-schedule, wondering whether 3OCT is alright for 30 OCT expire date?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:12 am

The guidance states that you can apply for ILR no earlier than 28 days before your 5th anniversary from either EC date or Date of entry depending on when you first entered the UK.

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 am

Hello st_notes
3rd October is fine mate if your Visas are expiring on 30th Oct. I am in a similar situation and I was looking for dates on 3rd, but i just got 5th Oct yesterday.
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
check the above link for peace of mind.
Good Luck

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:31 am

I have since learned that Rescheduling is possible. Hence I removed my previous comment
Last edited by wpilr_nov12 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:30 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

Book a fresh appointment with a different ID. Once you get that, cancel the previous one. AFAIK, you cannot reschedule an appointment online, but I could be wrong.
There is a reschedule button though and I remember somebody on the forum actually suggested that they used this option to secure the actual appointment.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:47 pm

imran22 wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:

Book a fresh appointment with a different ID. Once you get that, cancel the previous one. AFAIK, you cannot reschedule an appointment online, but I could be wrong.
There is a reschedule button though and I remember somebody on the forum actually suggested that they used this option to secure the actual appointment.
This is correct. I.e there is a reschedule option available just for this purpose which has been used by several forum members. You don't need to create a new account. Note that you won't lose your current appointment unless you manage to book an alternative app.

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:01 am

Hi st_notes, You can reschedule online appointment.

U r lucky that u secured an appointment at Croydon, I m trying for last three nights starting from 12 mid-night to 1am but unlucky so far :(. Plz do share any tip if you know to get Croydon PEO appointment.

st_notes
Newly Registered

Post by st_notes » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:43 pm

coolbuddy wrote:Hi st_notes, You can reschedule online appointment.

U r lucky that u secured an appointment at Croydon, I m trying for last three nights starting from 12 mid-night to 1am but unlucky so far :(. Plz do share any tip if you know to get Croydon PEO appointment.
Thanks for everyone who replied. I've successfully re-scheduled my appointment to 10th OCT now. So there should be a 3rd OCT time slot available at Croydon. (I should have posted this earlier. now it's probably gone)

For the tips to book appointment. I only tried three times. So my conclusion is: avoid Friday appointment, It seems extremely popular.

Get your laptop ready 5 minutes to 00:00. Then start to refresh for dates at 00:01. Just choose Croydon, if you only want Croydon, otherwise, by the time you scroll down to Croydon appointment, it's all gone. After the first time you see the appointment slot, it gets easier, just fill up your details, the website then will remember you detail, even if you haven't got this one, then keep trying the time slots in the middle. (the first one or the last one have higher chance to be picked by someone else at the same time. So by the time you click submit. The other person might already get it) By 00:20, if you still haven't got any appointment. You can give up, most likely all the slots are gone. Then have to try another day.
When the website stuck, I just open another one and log in again, without waiting for reload.

Hope that helps and good luck!

st_notes
Newly Registered

Post by st_notes » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:48 pm

andy77 wrote:hi

I think u need to calculate the 28 day qualfying period from date of entry clearance and not issue of visa date, but it can also differ case to case, the best way to clarify this is call ukba on their 0870 number, it is a bloody long hold though.

also for booking 5th oct, did u try 23rd midnight?
(YES, I applied on 23rd midnight for 5th OCT appointment)
tkcr