ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ILR necessary for section 3(1) ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jo2012
Newly Registered

Is ILR necessary for section 3(1) ?

Post by Jo2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 am

Hi,
Me and my wife are currently on ILR. Our child was born in India 4 months ago. I brought him to UK on a visitor visa as it was quicker than ILR. Also other reason being that I am applying for BC next month so thought doesn't make sense applying for ILR for my child just for 2 months.
I will be applying under section 3(1).

1. After I submit my application, how sooner can I send his application?
2. On MN1, it asks the date when iLR was granted. Is that mandatory?

Thanks.

Glc

Post by Glc » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:16 pm

1. Your child's registration and your naturalisation application may be done simultaneously.
2. Just put a note that it's a child registration under section 3(1).

Jo2012
Newly Registered

Post by Jo2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:31 pm

Glc wrote:1. Your child's registration and your naturalisation application may be done simultaneously.
2. Just put a note that it's a child registration under section 3(1).

Thanks for your reply

Angie15
Newly Registered

Can I register my child as a BC even if am not married

Post by Angie15 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:10 am

Hi Guys! I am new here and need some advice......I would like to register my daughter as a BC,but a not married to her dad. He is currently married and holds a discretionary visa.i myself is married but about to get divorced.i hold ILR and want to know if her dad who am not with needs to be settled here or is my Ilr status sufficient to apply for her?