ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa bank statements

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gcdiwan
Newly Registered
India

Dependent visa bank statements

Post by gcdiwan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi,

I am in the UK on tier 4 general student visa (fully funded PhD, visa exp Jan-2015). My wife wants to apply for the tier 4 dependent visa from India. She is in India at the moment for visa application/interview process. My wife was here in the UK until now on her own tier 4 dependent visa (she is also a partially funded PhD student here in the UK) which expires at the end of Aug-2012. So, it was probably prudent to switch from tier 4 general student category to tier 4 dependent visa for her as this still allows her to finish her remaining PhD studies. This was also confirmed by her university and we were told that this will not create any problems whatsoever as far as her PhD is concerned. (sorry to write all this background but I wanted to give a clear picture).

My wife has her own bank account here in UK. We knew that the bank statements that we should furnish for visa application must be either original statements on bank letter head. If one switches from paper statements that come through post to online statements, he/she can always get the statements printed from online banking account. In this case one should get either a stamp or an authenticity letter from the bank to validate the online printed statement (this is in accordance with UKBA site if I am not wrong). My wife opted for paperless banking option last year and so she does not receive any bank statement in through post- thus we now needed stamps/letter from bank.

Now, here is the problem part: my wife's UK bank refused to give any stamp on the printed online statements of her account. They also refused to give any letter that would authenticate the statements. We were told that the bank has stopped giving stamps on online statements and that if we want the official bank statements, we need to switch back to paper statement option for which we will have to wait for a minimum 3 weeks for the request to process.

I only wanted to know what are the chances of UKBA case officer rejecting my wife's visa application solely because the bank statements don't have a stamp or are not accompanied with a covering letter from bank authenticating the statements? I must mention that the online bank statement does have a logo of the bank on it. I am not sure if the case officer is going to buy our argument that it was the bank which did not give us stamps. Can not the UKBA call the concerned bank in the UK and verify if the account statement records are genuine? Is there a way out of this?
Many thanks in advance for any helpful comments/suggestions.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 pm

to make it very simple, if there is no covering letter & bank stamps on the statements, the application is likely to be refused.