ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my mother family visa nearly to expier

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamadauk123

my mother family visa nearly to expier

Post by hamadauk123 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:19 pm

hi just have quick query my mother got visa for 2 years and nearly to expire and she want to stay another 5 days after expiration day if that gonna be problem after to apply for another visa? thanks for your answer.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm a bit confused.

Your mother got what kind of visa for 2 years and how long has she been in the UK?

A 5 day overstay won't cause a massive issue providing she leaves of her own accord.

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:38 pm

MPH80 wrote:I'm a bit confused.

Your mother got what kind of visa for 2 years and how long has she been in the UK?

A 5 day overstay won't cause a massive issue providing she leaves of her own accord.

She's on family visit visa she want to stay few extra days overstay for 5 days her visa expire on 28 /08/2012 if that gonna be problem in future with ukba when she apply again to visit me? Thanks

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:03 am

hamadauk123 wrote:

She's on family visit visa she want to stay few extra days overstay for 5 days her visa expire on 28 /08/2012 if that gonna be problem in future with ukba when she apply again to visit me? Thanks
But how long has she been in the UK? What was the date on which she last entered the UK?

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:
hamadauk123 wrote:

But how long has she been in the UK? What was the date on which she last entered the UK?
She got mult entry she comes now and than since last 10 years her passport full of uk visas the last entry was 5 months go.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Overstaying is not a good idea. It will just create problems for her in the future. She will have to declare it in any future visa application. While 5 days will not attract an automatic ban, it will be considered for all her future visa applications. Some countries will also require such details to be disclosed to apply for visas there. Also we do not know how the immigration rules in the UK might change, with regards to overstaying. They may become more strict and it would just create problems. Its better to keep a clean sheet, so that no one can hold it against her in the future.

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:05 pm

quantum1 wrote:Overstaying is not a good idea. It will just create problems for her in the future. She will have to declare it in any future visa application. While 5 days will not attract an automatic ban, it will be considered for all her future visa applications. Some countries will also require such details to be disclosed to apply for visas there. Also we do not know how the immigration rules in the UK might change, with regards to overstaying. They may become more strict and it would just create problems. Its better to keep a clean sheet, so that no one can hold it against her in the future.
Thanks mate