ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Governing body document for sponsor license

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jibri
BANNED

Governing body document for sponsor license

Post by jibri » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Dear experts
i am working in accountancy firm and my employer is ICAEW memebr he send his certifate for practice as governing body certificate and said that ICAEW issue certificate to individuals to allow them practice
my question is will UKBA accept it because my company name is not on certificate
employer submitted the application laat week
really worry please helpthanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Governing body document for sponsor license

Post by manci » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:53 pm

jibri wrote:Dear experts
i am working in accountancy firm and my employer is ICAEW memebr he send his certifate for practice as governing body certificate and said that ICAEW issue certificate to individuals to allow them practice
my question is will UKBA accept it because my company name is not on certificate
employer submitted the application laat week
really worry please helpthanks
I'm not familiar with the legal framework of accountancy firms but if ICAEW is a Governing Body with which it is necesary to register for the firm to operate legally, then submitting a document confirming the firm's registration is mandatory. See the requirements of what needs to be submitted with a sponsor licence application:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:14 pm

thanks manci for your reply. i am aware that its mandatory to provide document from governing body and we provide the certificate of. ICAEW . but mentioning the name of my emplyer who is director but not mentioning the name of firm. my boss said that icaew provide only this letter and our firm is icaew firm

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:09 am

any one help please?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:28 am

it is only mandatory to provide a certificate of registration from the Governing Body if there is a governing body. You ought to find out from the ICAEW if they are the governing body for your firm. May be they are not and may be there is no governing body at all.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:59 pm

yes u might be right but to operate as accountancy firm in UK one should be a member of chartererd accountant body its legal requirement so we assumed that we should have send this documet . what i am thinking now to send an additional document from list C. as save side...we have submitted application on 15 august so it might not late to send it with covering letter??

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:05 pm

You would be well advised to find out if the ICAEW is the governing body of your firm. Ring them and ask. If it is, the firm must submit a certificate of registration, otherwise not.
Another mandatory documents is the audited annual accounts provided the firm is legally obliged to submit one. Again, you need to find out.
Sponsor licence application currently take 4-5 months to process and you don't want to find sometime next year that the application has been refused beacue mandatory documents have not been submitted

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:17 pm

yes i will give them call tomorrow .what you think if i send n additional document if needed along with covering letter to UKBA . will they accept it ? thanks for your advice manci
if any other member at this forum put their views it will be great