ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous immigration history

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 pm

sayra wrote:hi there,

well i did send a fuming e-mail yesterday, stating the law and all the rest of it. i did also mention that im not prepared to wait for an extended period of time for no apparent reason, since im fulfilling all the required crieteria...

i also mentioned in the email that if they leave this hanging im going to b contacting the ukba to file and investigation as to why it is taking so long for a decision to come through here in the uk *(which is perfectly posible here in the uk, i read up on it on the ukba website itself)

and also contact my local mp and the EU Comission regarding the matter.

i did sound pretty harsh but there is nothing else i can do.
anyways lets see as to what they do/reply.
i just hope that this does not effect my application...
It will not effect your application,i think u have done the right thing they are just violating the EEA Law.
Is it possible u can forward me that email so that i can get a brief idea so that i also email them my email is usman1475@gmail.com

If possible take a appointment with ur local MP meet him personally.

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have E-mailed you on various occasions, however having received only 1 reply after 10 working days.
I am really upset and frustrated with the time being taken to give a decision on the application we have lodged.
It is coming upto 6 weeks since we have filed our application, at the Centre in Lahore. Still we haven't heard anything. I will now be taking this a step further, since I am finding it very difficult to understand why there is such a long time taken to make a decision on a EEA FAmily Permit application.

on the one hand side the UKBA states such fast processing time of (3-5 days) for applications of EEA family permits, and on the other hand people are waiting for decision for over 8-9 weeks.

When not only am I exercising my Treaty Rights by being under employment, but also am currently pregnant with our first child, with sufficient savings and without resourcing to public funds.
This makes my case straight forward. So what is taking so long? I am fulfilling the required criteria in more than a sufficient way.
I am so very upset, that I'm having to go to my doctors and speak to my midwife regarding the way I am becoming both emotionally and psychologically as there is no decision coming through.

As the national EU guidelines clearly point out:
''Priority must be given to applications for EEA family permits. Wherever possible a decision should be made at the time it is lodged.'

Also waiting for more than 15 days is counted as 'unnecessary' it is coming up to 6 weeks with our application.

If there is ongoing waiting involved, I will be turning to my local MP (member of parliament) and also contacting the National EU Commission as they give a full right to complain regarding the processing time involved in issuing EEA Family Permits, and at the same time contacting the UKBA her in Britain to file an investigation.

as it states clearly in the EU law to member states, 'EEA Family Permits wherever possible should be issued promptly and without charge'
I believe waiting for over 5 weeks is not being prompt, as the EU guidelines have set out.

I am not prepared to wait for an extended period of time for no apparent reason.
As this is drastically restricting my ability to practice my free movements under the EU Rights and Regulations, and effecting my unborn child and health as well.

I will be waiting to hear back

With Kind Regards

this is what i wrote, i dont know if it sounds good enough but i made an effort... didnt know how to word it really but i think it sounds ok. no?

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:25 am

[quote="sayra"]Dear Sir/Madam,

I have E-mailed you on various occasions, however having received only 1 reply after 10 working days.
I am really upset and frustrated with the time being taken to give a decision on the application we have lodged.
It is coming upto 6 weeks since we have filed our application, at the Centre in Lahore. Still we haven't heard anything. I will now be taking this a step further, since I am finding it very difficult to understand why there is such a long time taken to make a decision on a EEA FAmily Permit application.

on the one hand side the UKBA states such fast processing time of (3-5 days) for applications of EEA family permits, and on the other hand people are waiting for decision for over 8-9 weeks.

When not only am I exercising my Treaty Rights by being under employment, but also am currently pregnant with our first child, with sufficient savings and without resourcing to public funds.
This makes my case straight forward. So what is taking so long? I am fulfilling the required criteria in more than a sufficient way.
I am so very upset, that I'm having to go to my doctors and speak to my midwife regarding the way I am becoming both emotionally and psychologically as there is no decision coming through.

''Priority must be given to applications for EEA family permits. Wherever possible a decision should be made at the time it is lodged.'

Also waiting for more than 15 days is counted as 'unnecessary' it is coming up to 6 weeks with our application.

If there is ongoing waiting involved, I will be turning to my local MP (member of parliament) and also contacting the National EU Commission as they give a full right to complain regarding the processing time involved in issuing EEA Family Permits, and at the same time contacting the UKBA her in Britain to file an investigation.

as it states clearly in the EU law to member states, 'EEA Family Permits wherever possible should be issued promptly and without charge'
I believe waiting for over 5 weeks is not being prompt, as the EU guidelines have set out.

I am not prepared to wait for an extended period of time for no apparent reason.
As this is drastically restricting my ability to practice my free movements under the EU Rights and Regulations, and effecting my unborn child and health as well.

With Kind Regards

this is what i wrote, i dont know if it sounds good enough but i made an effort... didnt know how to word it really but i think it sounds ok. no?[/quot

Thts good,in mean time i think you should get in touch with ur MP also coz i think they will take atleast 10 days to reply your email coz of eid holidays

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:12 am

tipuk wrote:
sayra wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,

With Kind Regards

this is what i wrote, i dont know if it sounds good enough but i made an effort... didnt know how to word it really but i think it sounds ok. no?[/quot

Thts good,in mean time i think you should get in touch with ur MP also coz i think they will take atleast 10 days to reply your email coz of eid holidays
i dont think they will process eea family permit in 8 to 12 weeks.18 weeks have been passed for my case..I have mailed ukba and european commission and also my MP writes to British high commission islamabad..I have read from some site that 20000 applications have been submitted in british high commission..The huge amount of application submitted before the changes made in immigration laws..These applications are now in process therefore i think application submitted in june and july may take 4 to 5 months...

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:41 pm

tipuk wrote:
sayra wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,

With Kind Regards

hi ukba updated processing time..now its showing for july..3 eea family permit applications were process in july and 2 of them were processed in 40 working dys while 1 is issued after 60 days...now where is my application...I have 90 working days passed..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... ableAnchor

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:54 pm

hey lalolaal, any news yet? I dont think that they will take this long. its only cz their being all weird about ure application, because i think that, had that been the case it would've taken everyone else around 6 months too. but thats not the case, so i dont know whats happening with ure case but theres no need to go thinking its going to take everyone else this long because its taking u that long.

There have been applications in june which were dealt with within that months. So hopefully its not too long with ours as well. it wont take 4-5 months im sure of that.

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:50 pm

sayra wrote:hey lalolaal, any news yet? I dont think that they will take this long. its only cz their being all weird about ure application, because i think that, had that been the case it would've taken everyone else around 6 months too. but thats not the case, so i dont know whats happening with ure case but theres no need to go thinking its going to take everyone else this long because its taking u that long.

There have been applications in june which were dealt with within that months. So hopefully its not too long with ours as well. it wont take 4-5 months im sure of that.

Gerry fedex was closed for eid holidays..from tomorrow morning they will start working..I hope my application will return :(

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 pm

naww bless u... inshallah may allah help u in this difficult time. inshallah we will get our calls soon. because think about it, there were delays because first the rules changed for settlement in july, than the olympics and than ramadhan timings. everything has probably had a massive impact on the processing time as well.
inshallah we will hear very soon now. its not long. i just cant believe how out of order they have been to you. you have been waiting for a decade :( inshallah i will pray for you. everything will go well.

may god bless you.

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:54 am

sayra wrote:naww bless u... inshallah may allah help u in this difficult time. inshallah we will get our calls soon. because think about it, there were delays because first the rules changed for settlement in july, than the olympics and than ramadhan timings. everything has probably had a massive impact on the processing time as well.
inshallah we will hear very soon now. its not long. i just cant believe how out of order they have been to you. you have been waiting for a decade :( inshallah i will pray for you. everything will go well.

may god bless you.
Thanks for your benevolence..I will pray for u.. Inshallah u will get urs in time.

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:50 pm

@sayra did receive any reply

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi everyone,

well i've just heard that apparently, the timescale UKBA has given to applicants for EEA FP had gone upto 6 months a couple of months ago. well it's been changed back to 3 month again.

thank god, isnt that great news?
that means not so long until we hear something soon. i hope next week will be blessed for us... inshallah.

didnt quiet get u tipuk??

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 pm

sayra wrote:Hi everyone,

well i've just heard that apparently, the timescale UKBA has given to applicants for EEA FP had gone upto 6 months a couple of months ago. well it's been changed back to 3 month again.

thank god, isnt that great news?
that means not so long until we hear something soon. i hope next week will be blessed for us... inshallah.

didnt quiet get u tipuk??
4 months has been passed for me..i cant wait further..May be next week

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:31 am

hey lalolaal, let me tell you. you should contact the complaints in abudhabi, they will forward your mail to the ukba here in pakistan, and will also ask them regarding your application.

ive just got their reply their really kind, i think you should give things a go with them. this is abosilutely not acceptable for them to make you wait this long. that is breaking the eu law for free movement.

you should definitely do something about it. contact garrys call centre as well, tell them it has been over 4months. this is ridiculous.

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:35 am

sayra wrote:hey lalolaal, let me tell you. you should contact the complaints in abudhabi, they will forward your mail to the ukba here in pakistan, and will also ask them regarding your application.

ive just got their reply their really kind, i think you should give things a go with them. this is abosilutely not acceptable for them to make you wait this long. that is breaking the eu law for free movement.

you should definitely do something about it. contact garrys call centre as well, tell them it has been over 4months. this is ridiculous.
I have already done it..

Please accept our apologies for any delay in dealing with your client’s visa applications. We have experienced a high rise in the volume of applications for settlement over the last few months and this has led to us failing to meet our primary customer service target of deciding 95% of applications in 12 weeks. It is still our intention to deal with the majority of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks, but please know that we will complete your application as soon as we possibly can.
Applicant will be contacted through visa application centre in due course, once the application has been completed. Kindly visit Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com to check status of application.
Thank you for your patience,
Regards,

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 pm

lalolaal wrote:
sayra wrote:hey lalolaal, let me tell you. you should contact the complaints in abudhabi, they will forward your mail to the ukba here in pakistan, and will also ask them regarding your application.

I have already done it..

Please accept our apologies for any delay in dealing with your client’s visa applications. We have experienced a high rise in the volume of applications for settlement over the last few months and this has led to us failing to meet our primary customer service target of deciding 95% of applications in 12 weeks. It is still our intention to deal with the majority of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks, but please know that we will complete your application as soon as we possibly can.
Applicant will be contacted through visa application centre in due course, once the application has been completed. Kindly visit Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com to check status of application.
Thank you for your patience,
Regards,
They are considering ur application as a settlement visa just remember them that it's a EEA FP and it's non settlement which should be decided in 15 working days

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:16 pm

didnt quiet get u tipuk??[/quote]

I mean to say did u received any reply of ur email to BHC

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

not yet... they asked for my husbands passport number and well i've sent it off to them and still no reply...

we just need to go through this time with patience, there's nothing we can do now. hopefully it wont b too long. it does say on the ukba website for july that it took them 40 days to give decisions on 3 family permits in islamabad. so i guess we are running upto 40 days next week. so inshallah hopefully soon we will hear back from them.
its hard to live without your partner for a long time, especially when you are really close to each other. I've got my scan coming up next week, and im praying so hard that we hear something until than. i dont even mind if he cant make it, but at least i want that peace of mind that hes got his visa.
if god forbid in any circumstance that is not the case, then im afraid i will pack my bags and go to him.

life is about being with the people you love, i cant bear to keep the father of my child away from both me and our child. no way. that is not happening. so inshallah im praying that he will come to me and that i wont have to go. :)