ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa HELP! from Pakistan!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manbest
Newly Registered

spouse visa HELP! from Pakistan!

Post by manbest » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:22 pm

I have completed my graduation here in Pakistan and doing full time job as Mobile application developer. we have plans to get married in feb 2013.

I also wants to do masters after wedding from UK.

As the new immigration rules are applicable after 9th, july 2012

What are the possibilities of getting spouse visa,

if i get student visa for masters and then after completing my master i get job in uk ( more then 18,600 pounds )
and then apply for spouse visa showing uk job letter to UKBA (Although we get married in pak in feb 2013)

OR if take the saving options, how much amount we need to show to get the spouse visa.(my spouse is doing part time job from last 5 months nn earns 700 pounds per month)

My father has his savings on his name as national savings certificates, can i show that after getting authority letter from him and putting that money in my account in pakistan or i should i have to send the money to spouse's bank account in UK? Will it be ok if i keep money here in my bank account for 6 months and then we both show our bank statements when we apply in march 2013 hopefully?

Me with my family applied for Uk visit visa in 2007 but was rejected unfortunately due to lack of fund in bank statement and financially.

After all this information what is the chance of getting the spouse visa?

Is there's any way out or solution that can be done?

My spouse is my mother's sister's daughter. We both want to get married, but this rule has stressed us alot :(

Your kind advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Student VISA at first:

- Financial requirements still apply i.e. course fee etc
- You will have to come back to your home country to apply for Spouse VISA
- Since you will come to your home country, your job will not be taken into account to satisfy the financial requirements

Spouse VISA at first:

- Part time jobs does not matter as long as she has been working for the past 6 months and working on a permanent job
- She will need to show her annual salary before tax (she should be able to tell you the right numbers) - her P60 certificate should have more details
- Any shortfall in the salary to £18,600 can be used alongside savings to qualify
- Savings needs to be £16,000 + (2.5 X difference)
- The savings will need to be in your wife's account for at least 6 months prior to application

I would suggest you go through the Spouse VISA first, as you would not have to pay the student VISA fee this way. Howeevr its up to you what you feel comfortable with.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

manbest
Newly Registered

Post by manbest » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:30 pm

harv wrote:Student VISA at first:

- Financial requirements still apply i.e. course fee etc
- You will have to come back to your home country to apply for Spouse VISA
- Since you will come to your home country, your job will not be taken into account to satisfy the financial requirements

Spouse VISA at first:

- Part time jobs does not matter as long as she has been working for the past 6 months and working on a permanent job
- She will need to show her annual salary before tax (she should be able to tell you the right numbers) - her P60 certificate should have more details
- Any shortfall in the salary to £18,600 can be used alongside savings to qualify
- The savings will need to be in your wife's account for at least 6 months prior to application
Thanx alot for quick reply

so if i apply student visa for feb 2013 intake and get married here in pakistan also in feb 2013 and went to uk with my spouse and dont apply for spouse visa untill both of has jobs equals to 18600 and then apply when we both have. then will i have to come back to home country also?

And if i apply for spouse visa in feb 2013, and go for savings then UKBA can consider my bank account in my homeland? Or it is require to transfer the amount to my spouse bank account in UK?

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Student VISA first:

- As I said before your job will not be counted because you will need to come back to Pakistan and apply for the VISA. Only your wife's job will be counted towards the financial requirements

Spouse VISA first:

- You will need to move the savings to a UK based bank for atleast 6 motnhs for them to be considered. I would recommend if you move them to your wife's account.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

manbest
Newly Registered

Post by manbest » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:50 pm

harv wrote:Student VISA first:

- As I said before your job will not be counted because you will need to come back to Pakistan and apply for the VISA. Only your wife's job will be counted towards the financial requirements

Spouse VISA first:

- You will need to move the savings to a UK based bank for atleast 6 motnhs for them to be considered. I would recommend if you move them to your wife's account.
thankz for reply!
so we can live together after getting married and while im on my student visa in UK and applies when my student visa expires? like in feb2014? will there be any issues regarding the marriage certificate that would be dated of feb 2013 while we applies for spouse visa in feb 2014?

and regarding savings i have to take money from my father to transfer into my wife bank account? is theres any issue in it? or they have to be in my bank account first and then i transfer to my wife account?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Where is your wife to be now and what is her UK immigration status?

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:19 pm

If you go through the student visa route first, you will go back to pakistan near your visa expiry. You can then apply for Spouse VISA. The time difference does not matter as long as you can prove that you were waiting for all this time due to your studies and that you were not able to meet the financial requirements at the time.

For the savings, it does not matter. If you go through a student visa you can open a account here in the UK and put those savings in there. When applying for your spouse visa from your home country you can then show savings from your account as well.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

manbest
Newly Registered

Post by manbest » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:17 pm

For the savings, it does not matter. If you go through a student visa you can open a account here in the UK and put those savings in there. When applying for your spouse visa from your home country you can then show savings from your account as well.
Thanx 4 reply
and i was asking abt saving regarding if we apply for spouse visa. Then can i keep money here in my bank acount in pakistan? And can national saving certificates also accepted by ukba?
Thankz[/quote]

z85
Newly Registered

Post by z85 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:00 am

harv wrote:Spouse VISA at first:

I would suggest you go through the Spouse VISA first, as you would not have to pay the student VISA fee this way. Howeevr its up to you what you feel comfortable with.
Just as a side note, I was advised that working part time on minimum wage I would not be able to sponsor my spouse for a visa. It was only when I obtained a full time job did my spouse apply for a visa..

manbest
Newly Registered

Post by manbest » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:47 pm

MPH80 wrote:Where is your wife to be now and what is her UK immigration status?
She is settled in UK as a Uk citizen, what should do? should i get married to her n go uk on student visa? or should i apply for spouse visa? currently 18600 requirement is not fulfilled. She works in store for 15-20 Hrs per week and make around 700 pounds per week, doing it form last 5 months.

your kind help would be appreciated