ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes in Skill Level from 14th june 2012 - NQF 6

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Changes in Skill Level from 14th june 2012 - NQF 6

Post by bhuvraj » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Hello Guys,

I need to help on this recent changes

From 14 June 2012 applicants under Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra
company transfer) must have an offer of a job at or above NQF 6 if they are:
 applying from abroad; or
 applying to switch into Tier 2 (General) from a different immigration
route.

I am currently on PSW Visa (MBA Information technology managment) which expires in July 2013. I am currently working for a Media company as Studio and IT Technician. I recently joined the company and the company is willing to offer me COS. My question is regarding the recent changes that the we must have an offer of a job at or above NQF 6. I am a graduate and earn more than £21000 as specfied by the UKBA and the Job is well above graduate level. So will I be able to switch to Tier 2? Because I could not find my SOC code at or above NQF 6 in the Occupation codes of practice for Tier 2 - valid from 14 June 2012 in Section J - Information and communication. How would a graduate earn more than 35K pa and have managerial postion is what is confusing.

Hope somebody can answer my confusion.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:27 pm

It is your employer's responsibility (not yours) to choose the SOC code appropriate to the job they want you to do and enter it into the CoS. The job has to be at level NQF6 and your pay must be what is stated in the codes of practice for the chosen SOC code, or £20k, whichever the higher. When switching into T2G the only concession for PSW migrants is that the sponsor doesn't have to do a RLMT.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:53 pm

bhuvraj wrote:The relevent SOC code doest not exist in NQF 6 and the SOC codes mentioned in the list have minimum rate above £28K pa. How will I qualify?
bhuvraj wrote: the company is willing to offer me COS
Ask the company what CoS they are going to offer you. If they are T2 licenced sponsor they should be familiar with the rules.