ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gurudev

Re: BRP information

Post by gurudev » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:11 pm

iamhere70 wrote:Does HO sent email to update this? Is there any special circumstances you have ?

I thought you should have received a letter confirming the success of your application before the BRP comes !!
gurudev wrote:Hi Everyone

When will we get Biometrics... If our visa is not approved do we still get biometrics.

Does anybody know if I got an eamil from UKBA stating that I am going to receive my Biometric Cards delivered in 3-5 days means my VISA is approved or I still need to wait until I receive my passports.

Please let me know.
Yes I have a issues with my application.. my legal representative is no longer active so I have changed my representative as my self so that I can receive all updates. When called UKBA they said my documents were returned back to UKBA from my legal representative as they are not active anymore (the closed down). When I asked about my BRP they gave an email ID to enquire about my BRP, when I emailed to them they send a reply stating that my BRP will be delivered in 3-5 working days.

jimbo2012
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:43 pm

gurudev wrote:
iamhere70 wrote:Does HO sent email to update this? Is there any special circumstances you have ?

I thought you should have received a letter confirming the success of your application before the BRP comes !!

When will we get Biometrics... If our visa is not approved do we still get biometrics.

Does anybody know if I got an eamil from UKBA stating that I am going to receive my Biometric Cards delivered in 3-5 days means my VISA is approved or I still need to wait until I receive my passports.

Please let me know.
Yes I have a issues with my application.. my legal representative is no longer active so I have changed my representative as my self so that I can receive all updates. When called UKBA they said my documents were returned back to UKBA from my legal representative as they are not active anymore (the closed down). When I asked about my BRP they gave an email ID to enquire about my BRP, when I emailed to them they send a reply stating that my BRP will be delivered in 3-5 working days.
Sorry, may i ask which legal representatives you used as I am really struggling to get through to my representative and fear the worst...

gurudev

Post by gurudev » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:43 pm

jimbo2012 wrote:
gurudev wrote:

Please let me know.
Sorry, may i ask which legal representatives you used as I am really struggling to get through to my representative and fear the worst...
Sorry to make you worry, I said my legal representative is close down, but I am not sure if UKvisaandimmigration people are closed down or not but they are not responding to my emails or phone calls so I called UKBA they informed me that my documents delivery is returned back to UKBA.

jimbo2012
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:04 pm

gurudev wrote:
jimbo2012 wrote:
gurudev wrote:

Sorry to make you worry, I said my legal representative is close down, but I am not sure if UKvisaandimmigration people are closed down or not but they are not responding to my emails or phone calls so I called UKBA they informed me that my documents delivery is returned back to UKBA.
Glad i asked now, im using the same company and have the same issue!!
One more question, which number did you call as i will have to now phone them too!

jimbo2012
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:07 pm

jimbo2012 wrote:
gurudev wrote:
jimbo2012 wrote:
gurudev wrote: Yes I have a issues with my application.. my legal representative is no longer active so I have changed my representative as my self so that I can receive all updates. When called UKBA they said my documents were returned back to UKBA from my legal representative as they are not active anymore (the closed down). When I asked about my BRP they gave an email ID to enquire about my BRP, when I emailed to them they send a reply stating that my BRP will be delivered in 3-5 working days.
One more question, which number did you call as i will have to now phone them too!

Tikky
Newly Registered

All Docs returned together for ILR

Post by Tikky » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm

sooooo happy received call from solicitor today to collect Docs, strange thing everything from UKBA arrived together, BRP card, dated 16th Aug, and Documentation I sent to support application. "No letter" still who cares :D
Set M
Timeline 3 April sent application, 14 June biometric letter received, returned same day, BRP card dated 16 Aug, all returned 22 Aug.
Best of luck to you all, I know exactly what you are going through.

Apaiva
Newly Registered

Re: All Docs returned together for ILR

Post by Apaiva » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Tikky wrote:sooooo happy received call from solicitor today to collect Docs, strange thing everything from UKBA arrived together, BRP card, dated 16th Aug, and Documentation I sent to support application. "No letter" still who cares :D
Set M
Timeline 3 April sent application, 14 June biometric letter received, returned same day, BRP card dated 16 Aug, all returned 22 Aug.
Best of luck to you all, I know exactly what you are going through.
AMAZING NEWS! congrats! I can see now that I should have done the whole thing through a solicitor, you guys get it so much faster. Ive applied on March 11th and still waiting, you did way after me and already got it. A little bit frustrating..

littlelamb
Newly Registered

Post by littlelamb » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:56 pm

1. Previouse visa: Spousal
2. Date of expiry: 6-7-2012
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (M)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
5. Date application posted: 16-6-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 20-6-2012
7. Date payment debited: 22-6-2012
8. Payment mode : Cheque
9. Acknowledgement letter received: 25-6-12
10. Biometric letter received: WAITING
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: WAITING
12. Date of approval: WAITING
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can give advice about the biometrics letter? It was the first I heard of it today when looking up to see how long it might be for my husbands ILR to come back.

How long should it be until receiving the letter about enroling biometrics? By all accounts we should have received that by now?

Is there any way to contact them to see where it is?

Thanks!

gurudev

Post by gurudev » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 pm

jimbo2012 wrote:
gurudev wrote:
jimbo2012 wrote:
gurudev wrote: Yes I have a issues with my application.. my legal representative is no longer active so I have changed my representative as my self so that I can receive all updates. When called UKBA they said my documents were returned back to UKBA from my legal representative as they are not active anymore (the closed down). When I asked about my BRP they gave an email ID to enquire about my BRP, when I emailed to them they send a reply stating that my BRP will be delivered in 3-5 working days.
I called on 08706067766 select for general inquiry and explain your situation.. they will let you know if documents were sent or not and please go online and fill out legal representative section and change legal representative to yourself.

Mariyeh

Post by Mariyeh » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm

littlelamb wrote:1. Previouse visa: Spousal

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can give advice about the biometrics letter? It was the first I heard of it today when looking up to see how long it might be for my husbands ILR to come back.

How long should it be until receiving the letter about enroling biometrics? By all accounts we should have received that by now?

Thanks!
they have provided you a telephon number on the aknowledgement letter. you can call them on that number and choose option 4 . after option 4 you can choose option 1 which is for biometric and ask your question.

good luck :(

jimbo2012
Newly Registered

Post by jimbo2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:23 pm

gurudev wrote:
jimbo2012 wrote:
gurudev wrote:
jimbo2012 wrote:
I called on 08706067766 select for general inquiry and explain your situation.. they will let you know if documents were sent or not and please go online and fill out legal representative section and change legal representative to yourself.
Thanks so much :D

whitecity
Newly Registered

Post by whitecity » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 pm

jimbo2012 wrote:I have just contacted UKBA and got to speak to a lady after 45 minutes who advised my application has been decided and posted back to my solicitors yesterday. She gave me a RM tracking number and as yet the item has not yet been delivered.

So although it may be good news, it too could be bad news. Although, atleast I know that my anxious waiting has hopefully come to an end.

Will keep you posted! :?
What number did you dial? i have tried 08706 067766 and they don't even answer....?????

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 pm

iamhere70 wrote:Hi Riaanf31,

My timeline almost matches with yours, SET(O)
posted - 20.04.2012
acknowledgement by 27.04.2012
biometric letter 1st with mistakes on them- 15.06.2012
biometric letter 2nd with corrections - 02.07.2012
biometric done same day - 02.07.2012

STILL WAITING.....seems like a never ending wait after paying so much money !!!!
Hi I have the same timeline as you I posted on 20th-03-12 SETo and still waiting for the passport. :(

TheTurk
Newly Registered

Freedom at last !!

Post by TheTurk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Dear All,

I have been a silent visitor for the past 4 months and know excatly how each of you feel during this waiting game !

Just wanted to share my time lines for my ILR SET(M)

Date application posted: 17-04-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 18-04-2012
Payment debit and Acknowledgement letter date: 25-04-2012
Received Acknowledgement letter: 29-04-2012
Payment mode: Credit card
Biometric letter received: 29-06-2012 (dated 26-06-2012)
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: 03-07-2012 at local post office
Date of Approval: 14-08-2012
Date of return of passport, documents & BRP: 23-08-2012

It feels great to have my freedom back ! I wish you all the best of luck and hope you'll all receive your applications very soon.

:D :D

littlelamb
Newly Registered

Post by littlelamb » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 am

Mariyeh wrote:
littlelamb wrote:1. Previouse visa: Spousal

Thanks!
they have provided you a telephon number on the aknowledgement letter. you can call them on that number and choose option 4 . after option 4 you can choose option 1 which is for biometric and ask your question.

We rang this morning. The application doesn't have a case worker yet. After 9 weeks! Frustrating, but good to know the letter hasn't been lost in transit. Has anyone else had to waiting such a long time for their biometric letter?

speed14
Newly Registered

Post by speed14 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:10 am

[size=9][[lquote="littlelamb"][quote="Mariyeh"][quote="littlelamb"]1. Previouse visa: Spousal

Thanks![/quote]

good luck :([/quote]

We rang this morning. The application doesn't have a case worker yet. After 9 weeks! Frustrating, but good to know the letter hasn't been lost in transit. Has anyone else had to waiting such a long time for their biometric letter?[/quote][/list][size]

Hi littlelamb,
I have applied same time as you (posted 09-07-2012 (SET M)), have not received BRP invitation letter yet. I tried calling UKBA but got same answer that i am not in their system yet :(. I guess in your case atleast you know your case has been entered in to their system, awaiting case worker and BRP letter has not been lost.

littlelamb
Newly Registered

Post by littlelamb » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:43 am

speed14 wrote:[[lquote="littlelamb"][quote="Mariyeh"][quote="littlelamb"]1. Previouse visa: Spousal

Thanks!

We rang this morning. The application doesn't have a case worker yet. After 9 weeks! Frustrating, but good to know the letter hasn't been lost in transit. Has anyone else had to waiting such a long time for their biometric letter?[/quote][/list][size]

Hi littlelamb,
I have applied same time as you (posted 09-07-2012 (SET M)), have not received BRP invitation letter yet. I tried calling UKBA but got same answer that i am not in their system yet :(. I guess in your case atleast you know your case has been entered in to their system, awaiting case worker and BRP letter has not been lost.[/quote]

There doesn't seem to be consistency for times taken. We have a friend who applied around the same time as us and got his BRP letter yesterday. Does anyone know how its allocated to case workers? Doesn't seem to be a linear system.

Trying not to stress, but its hard not to!

speed14
Newly Registered

Post by speed14 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:52 am

[quote="littlelamb"][quote="speed14"][size=9][[lquote="littlelamb"][quote="Mariyeh"][quote="littlelamb"]1. Previouse visa: Spousal

Thanks![/quote]

Hi littlelamb,
I have applied same time as you (posted 09-07-2012 (SET M)), have not received BRP invitation letter yet. I tried calling UKBA but got same answer that i am not in their system yet :(. I guess in your case atleast you know your case has been entered in to their system, awaiting case worker and BRP letter has not been lost.[/quote]

There doesn't seem to be consistency for times taken. We have a friend who applied around the same time as us and got his BRP letter yesterday. Does anyone know how its allocated to case workers? Doesn't seem to be a linear system.

Trying not to stress, but its hard not to![/quote]

Hi Littlelamb,
One correction actually i applied on 09-06-2012 so quite behind on BRP letter. I thought uptill BRP process should be standardized so we should all have received BRP in similar time period regardless of complexity of individual case, may be i am wrong and its all depends on grace of UKBA.

littlelamb
Newly Registered

Post by littlelamb » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 am

speed14 wrote:
littlelamb wrote:
speed14 wrote:[[lquote="littlelamb"][quote="Mariyeh"]

We rang this morning. The application doesn't have a case worker yet. After 9 weeks! Frustrating, but good to know the letter hasn't been lost in transit. Has anyone else had to waiting such a long time for their biometric letter?
[/list][size]

Hi littlelamb,
I have applied same time as you (posted 09-07-2012 (SET M)), have not received BRP invitation letter yet. I tried calling UKBA but got same answer that i am not in their system yet :(. I guess in your case atleast you know your case has been entered in to their system, awaiting case worker and BRP letter has not been lost.

Trying not to stress, but its hard not to![/quote]

Hi Littlelamb,
One correction actually i applied on 09-06-2012 so quite behind on BRP letter. I thought uptill BRP process should be standardized so we should all have received BRP in similar time period regardless of complexity of individual case, may be i am wrong and its all depends on grace of UKBA.[/quote]

Yes it seems there is no consistancy - must depend on which team they are distributed to.

Good luck too!

thedesihunter
Newly Registered

Post by thedesihunter » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:49 pm

littlelamb wrote:
speed14 wrote:
littlelamb wrote:
speed14 wrote:[[lquote="littlelamb"]

[/list][size]

Hi littlelamb,

Trying not to stress, but its hard not to!
Hi Littlelamb,
One correction actually i applied on 09-06-2012 so quite behind on BRP letter. I thought uptill BRP process should be standardized so we should all have received BRP in similar time period regardless of complexity of individual case, may be i am wrong and its all depends on grace of UKBA.
Yes it seems there is no consistancy - must depend on which team they are distributed to.

Good luck too![/quote]

I applied in the last week of June Guys and got Bio metrics invitation last week. Following different timelimes on the forum, I have noticed the average time for Biometrics Invitation letter is between 8-11 weeks depending on how busy UKBA are. I hope you get yours soon.

amara.naveed
Newly Registered

Post by amara.naveed » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 pm

My updated timeline :

SET(o) :
applied on 5/6/2012
letter received : 11/6/2012
bio-metric letter received: 19/8/2012
bio metric done : 19/8/2012
Documents received : WAITING

Thanks

Arsenal007
Newly Registered

Application Receive

Post by Arsenal007 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:43 am

WOW im so happy today, just got a call from my wife dat my passport and all other document as been returned with letter from HO saying my application as been succeful and will receive my BRP in 7 working days.

Apaiva
Newly Registered

GOT IT!

Post by Apaiva » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Hey everyone!
My day has finally arrived and I got my docs back saying that my applications was successfull. Im delighted. Now I just have to wait for my BRP card, hoping it will arrive on Tuesday (tomorrow) so I can book a flight and travel on wednesday.

Application sent on 12th of March (SET M)
Biometrics done on 18th of April.
Docs back on 24th of August.

It was such a long wait, glad I finally got it.

Wishing you all luck. xx

z18runway

Re: GOT IT!

Post by z18runway » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Apaiva wrote:Hey everyone!
My day has finally arrived and I got my docs back saying that my applications was successfull. Im delighted. Now I just have to wait for my BRP card, hoping it will arrive on Tuesday (tomorrow) so I can book a flight and travel on wednesday.

Application sent on 12th of March (SET M)
Biometrics done on 18th of April.
Docs back on 24th of August.

It was such a long wait, glad I finally got it.

Wishing you all luck. xx
wow thats great, enjoy and please book the ticket and relax @holidays

z18runway

Re: Application Receive

Post by z18runway » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Arsenal007 wrote:WOW im so happy today, just got a call from my wife dat my passport and all other document as been returned with letter from HO saying my application as been succeful and will receive my BRP in 7 working days.
happymoments, enjoy