ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Liverpool PEO 16th May ILR success SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirmal_kishore

Liverpool PEO 16th May ILR success SET(O)

Post by nirmal_kishore » Thu May 17, 2012 11:41 pm

see text in bold italics for possible guidance in case you have a similar situation
Hi
Just wanted to write some notes up regarding my experience at PEO Liverpool yesterday (16th May).
Type of application: SET (O)
Visa: Tier 1 (switched from Work Permit in 2009)
Type of employment: Ltd Company (self-employed)

No. of applicants: 1 + 2 dependants

Stage 1: I had a 9 a.m. appointment and as per the appointment guidelines I was there by 8:30 a.m. Straight forward airport style security check.

Stage 2: provide name at reception and went in. Got called for initial document and passports checks. I guess the key check here apart from passports was the 'Life in the UK test certs'. The lady did ask if I had all the documents (she named a few like payslips, bank statements etc).

Note: When I originally signed up on the UKBA portal I provided details for 3 dependants (wife and 2 kids). Once entered, this information cannot be changed (not even by the UKBA customer service folks, I checked). In my case I eventually ended up only with 2 dependants on my application as my younger child was born in the UK so I am now going to do an MN1 form for him. The appointment confirmation says that the number of applicants appearing (amongst other data) should match the registered details. I was told by UKBA on the phone that allowing 'less' no. of attendees than what was originally entered online is at the discretion of the PEO officers. In my case this wasn't a problem. The officer at the first window just asked who isn't attending and struck the name off her list.

Stage 3: Anyway, got a token and proceeded to next window for fee payment. Again pretty straightforward - you present the card that you have filled details for in the application and the person at the window processes the payment. I didn't have to call my bank (HSBC) that a big payment was going out, however I understand this could vary from one bank to another, so do check.

Stage 4: With damage to the tune of a little short of 3k now done, we went and waited in the waiting area. Got called by a caseworker who checked the passports, the payment receipt and then said 'give me all the documents you have in support of the application'. So I handed over the following:
1. passports (ofcourse!)
2. Life in the UK test certs
3. payslips X 12
4. div vouchers (as applicable for the period you are claiming)
5. personal bank statements X 12
6. business bank statements X 12
7. letter from accountant
8. List of absences
9. documents supporting lack of initial entry stamp in my passport (see 'Stage 6.5' below for more this topic)

I did not handover the cohabitation documents, I did ask her however if she'd like to see those. She replied 'your wife has been here for over 2 years so that's not required'

Stage 5: Caseworker handed the token back saying that we would be called for biometrics, which happened after 3-4 mins and the biometrics part is pretty straightforward. Fingerprints and photo and that's it. Finished that and went back to caseworker.

Stage 6: CW took the token back and asked us to wait.

Stage 6.5: I entered the UK via Luton from Ireland so I didn't have to come through immigration checks, and therefore no entry stamp on my passport (which is done on the Work permit/tier 1 stamp). The CW called me over to her desk and initially said they may not be able to process my application on the day as I don't have an entry stamp until after 4 months of entry. I had documentary evidence to prove that I did actually enter the UK on the date I quoted in the application. So handed that over and she went over to another officer and was back in less than a minute to confirm she can proceed. In case you are in this situation, here is what I had as evidence:
1. e-ticket for that travel
2. Bill from the hotel that checked into at the time of arrival
3. payslips for about 4 months from entry

Stage 7: CW reviewed all the documents and about an hour later she called me over to say their systems are quite slow and that she is awaiting the results for a few checks. She did say 'nothing to worry about'. I didn't frankly try to understand what sort of checks they as that would make no difference but if you are keen I presume someone in this forum may have an idea.
CW said I can go out and be back in an hour's time.

Stage 8: Returned back in about an hour and CW called me pretty much straightaway. Confirmed that application is successful and that biometric cards will be sent by courier to home address in 7 working days. She returned all originals and passports along with a letter. The letter doesn't actually talk about the ILR or for how long etc.. it's only about the biometric cards etc so don't panic if you don't get a 'congrats, you are successful' type of letter as is the case with Tier 1 applications etc.

Stage 9: well! pack up!

Few observations (some could be specific to Liverpool PEO).

1. Please don't walk in with any sort of prejudice about the way the staff might treat you. I found the folks at Liverpool super professional, very helpful and really polite. This includes officers at the security checks all the way to biometrics, payments etc.

2. As vague as the ILR documentation requirements seem to be, if you follow the checklist in the application form, you'll have everything covered. When asked for docs, only just submit the minimum. DON'T THINK they will reject an application just by assuming that a certain document doesn't exist. THEY ALWAYS ASK if they have a question. I am guessing the only exception to this is if you are found to have produced fraudulent docs or have some sort of a black mark in your immigration history.

3. I was quite stressed out myself during the preparation of the application mainly because I was waiting for documents (from bank and accountant etc) till the last minute, but also due the complication of the entry stamp I had in my application. Thanks to the CW, I was pretty relieved even before my stamp thing was questioned and this is credit totally to the staff and their way of working. I don't suppose any of you would be less stressed after reading my notes but I genuinely believe there is absolutely no need for stress. Easy for me to say all this now that I am done but hope it encourages a few.

4. Liverpool PEO is in an excellent location, less than a minute (and mostly pedestrianised) from nice shops and cafes etc so in my view better than Croydon.

Hope someone finds this notes useful.
Last but not least thanks to all the moderators and other members of this forum. Some have helped by answering to my questions directly while some have done so indirectly through other posts.

Nirmal

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri May 18, 2012 9:20 am

Congrats nirmal_kishore. I am glad that you didn’t have any issues in your entry through ROI and about not applying for your child.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri May 18, 2012 9:29 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for the future.

DayDream

Post by DayDream » Fri May 18, 2012 9:48 am

nirmal_kishore

Congrats mate.

I have a query regarding payslips. Since you said you operate through limited company, I assume you pay your salary from your business bank account. In this case, does the payslip date match the date when payment left the business bank account? Or does the payslip date match the date, the payment reached your personal account?

Would appreciate if you could answer my query.

Cheers,

nirmal_kishore

regarding payslips matching bank statement

Post by nirmal_kishore » Fri May 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi DayDream
No it doesn't have to. Payslips always tend to have a pay date that is in a fixed pattern for ex. Month-end, or beginning or say last friday of the month etc. Pay actually being credited into the account ofcourse depends on a few factors.
To clarify this position however, I asked my accountant to include in his letter the date that the salary or dividend payment was credited into ur bank account.
Hope that makes sense

Thanks
Nirmal

nirmal_kishore

S

Post by nirmal_kishore » Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm

I meant 'my' bank account ::) not yours mate..

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Liverpool PEO 16th May ILR success SET(O)

Post by fahadz1 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 pm

congrats .... can you tell me there will be SEO officer available in liverpool PEO ??? as i got appointment there. I'm still finding slots for croydon but not getting one.

did you make folder and give all the above 9 documents or you give one by one ?

did you submit cover letter ??

DayDream

Post by DayDream » Fri May 18, 2012 10:48 pm

nirmal_kishore

Thanks for your response, it makes sense now. I shall request my accountant to write a line or two clarifying this in the accountant letter.

Cheers

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 am

Congrats nirmal_kishore

nirmal_kishore

Re: Liverpool PEO 16th May ILR success SET(O)

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon May 21, 2012 9:14 pm

fahadz1 wrote:congrats .... can you tell me there will be SEO officer available in liverpool PEO ??? as i got appointment there. I'm still finding slots for croydon but not getting one.

did you make folder and give all the above 9 documents or you give one by one ?

did you submit cover letter ??
Hi Fahad - not sure who a SEO officer is..

I just put the documents together in the order of the checklist (in the application form) and handed all of them over. I did not give extra documents unless requested.

Hassock
Newly Registered

LIVERPOOL ILR SET (O)

Post by Hassock » Mon May 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Hello Nirmal:

Thanks for sharing your experience in Liverpool.
I have an appointment in Liverpool soon.

Did your payslips include dividends, salaries, tax deduction?
What was the content of the letter from your accountant?
How long did it take to receive the Biometric cards?

Hassock.

nirmal_kishore

dividends etc

Post by nirmal_kishore » Wed May 30, 2012 1:52 pm

Did your payslips include dividends, salaries, tax deduction?
Payslips don't include dividends. Yes they do include Salary and tax deduction

What was the content of the letter from your accountant?
The letter basically states that such and such is an accountant for the limited company, and would like to certify the following information.. the information being gross and net salary received, dividends received over the period of 12 months (i.e. ur claim period)

How long did it take to receive the Biometric cards?
My ILR was issued on 16th May, and the Biometric cards were with us on 18th May. super quick. Can take longer as I hear from some of the forum members

mozhi12
Newly Registered

Post by mozhi12 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:21 pm

HI nirmal_kishore,
I came to know that they can check the travel date outside of the UK through e-border.
Didn't they check through their system about your all travel dates?
thanks
mozhi

nirmal_kishore

re e-border

Post by nirmal_kishore » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi
No idea if they did.. it wasn't mentioned.

thanks
Nirmal

laxcaj
Newly Registered

Post by laxcaj » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Hello Nirmal,

Thanks for posting this.

I'll also be attending the liverpool PEO. Were you asked any question about your corporation tax for your company? Any question about your company tax?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

Laxcaj