ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajesh2012
Newly Registered

ILR Help

Post by rajesh2012 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:13 am

Hi,

i am on flr(m) and i want to apply ilr next month.

I had 3 points through court for red traffic light and fine £400.

My visa expiring on 22/09/2012 and i had points in december/2008 from court. I spoken to dvla customer service and they told me my points will remove from there system on 05/09/2008 (date of offence not date of conviction).

My question is:

I am going to apply visa after 15th sep what you think do i have to show my driving conviction at the time of ilr application? i will order new dvla licence after 05/09 and on my new licence there will be no points. (told by dvla to pay them £20 and remove points after 5/09/2012).

little confused because conviction become spent after 5 years and my 5 years will complete in dec 2013. I checked my CRB and there is nothing showing on crb regarding driving conviction.

Please advice, thanks for help

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Points on the license, or when the points get removed from the license has nothing to do with your conviction becoming spent.

There can be points on the license without a conviction, and there can be no points even with a conviction.

Points and convictions are two entirely different matters. You need to think about conviction, not points.

rajesh2012
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh2012 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Brother asim, any advice for me? What you think can i apply or not? I will write in application form points through court. Waitig for reply thanks

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 pm

I think I have already given you enough info.
Anyone who has an unspent conviction cannot be granted ILR according to rules. Caseworkers have no discretion in this matter.

You have an unspent conviction, so now you can work out yourself.................

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:49 am

asim72 wrote:You have an unspent conviction, so now you can work out yourself.................
And despite your claim, the OP (like many others who have received the same response from your end) has been granted settlement without an issue.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!