ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very urgent : Dependent Visa Appeal Overturned but

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandeepk

Very urgent : Dependent Visa Appeal Overturned but

Post by sandeepk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:48 am

Hi guys,

my wife's dependent visa application was rejected 2 months ago from Delhi citing lack of subsisting relationship etc

so we appealed against the decision and submitted.

Now today after 2 months of agony and endless wait, my wife has recieved a letter from BHC delhi saying the following

In light of your representations the Entry Clearance Manager has reviewed the case and overturned the decision to refuse your application. Your application will be re-assessed and you will be provided with a new decision in due course. To proceed with your application please come to the New Delhi Visa Section in person and bring with you your passport and this letter.

What does this mean ??

will it more time now ???

please advise

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 am

They appear to be conflicting statements. The template letter has various options and I would assume that whoever (usually this work is done by locally-employed ECAs) drafted yours did not remove (as is necessary) some of the standard responses. The letter says that the original decision was overturned (past tense) and so I think it's fair to assume that the other future tense statement will be re-assessed and will be provided with a decision does not apply.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 am

I would recommend you to go and visit the office....By the looks of it they are saying they will reassess the application...

sandeepk

Post by sandeepk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 am

we have already waited 2+ months in this appeal process and spent another 100£ for the appeal fee

It looks like more time wasting by UKBA

i wish i could sue them for this

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:34 am

What are you complaining for? You've been told that the decision has been overturned and to take the passport to the consulate. They would not ask you to drag yourself to the consulate if they still needed time to make a decision. In such cases they would say please wait for further information.

sandeepk

Post by sandeepk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Lucapooka wrote:What are you complaining for? You've been told that the decision has been overturned and to take the passport to the consulate. They would not ask you to drag yourself to the consulate if they still needed time to make a decision. In such cases they would say please wait for further information.
lets hope they issue visa now