ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application query - Help please!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gxf555
Newly Registered

ILR application query - Help please!!!

Post by gxf555 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi nice people, I have got an address question regarding to my application. I submitted my ILR application in early July 2012 and understand it could take up to 6 months to get it back. But I will have to move home to a different address in a few weeks (I did not forsee this and staying is not an option for me). So I am not sure what would be best for me to do? Please could you advice.

Should I phone them to change the correspondant address? Do they allow me to do that?

or

Should I get the mail forward service from the royal mail? Does Home office only use royal mail for delivery?

Thanks for your help.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:15 pm

see this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Page 5, right column

17. Contacting us after you have applied...
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

gxf555
Newly Registered

Post by gxf555 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:15 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:see this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Page 5, right column

Thanks for your reply. So can I assume that it is better for me to write to them to change my address than using mail forwarding service.

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:23 am

Obviously you could change your address by writing to the Home Office, and it is entirely your decision if you want to contact the Home office or use Mail forwarding service, as both will work.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:26 am

gxf555 wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:see this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Page 5, right column

Thanks for your reply. So can I assume that it is better for me to write to them to change my address than using mail forwarding service.
No one can tell you whether you should assume anything at all, or which is better. The chioce/decision has to be entirely yours. Members of this forum can only point to you in the right direction.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

gxf555
Newly Registered

Post by gxf555 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:59 am

panther80 wrote:Obviously you could change your address by writing to the Home Office, and it is entirely your decision if you want to contact the Home office or use Mail forwarding service, as both will work.
Thanks mate.