ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport with HO want to get register with EEA citizen how?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emilia_rom
Newly Registered

Passport with HO want to get register with EEA citizen how?

Post by Emilia_rom » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi There,
I am in the same boat as well, my passport is with HO and now me and my partner who is EU citizen wants to get merraid, but my question to you is how do i get register or marraid whiout my passport? as the register office is requiring my passport which is with HO?

Can you please tell me how did you do register without your passport?

Regards,

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Why is your passport with HO?

One way or another you will be needing it to proceed with your marriage.
Be good.

Emilia_rom
Newly Registered

Post by Emilia_rom » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi There,

I filled for family re-union as my entire family is in the UK,

The case is still with HO, when we sent the documents HO is holding the passport and my original educational cirtificates,

Is there any way to register the merrage without the passport?

Regards,

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:19 am

Obviously, this is smth that your local council is able to decide. As far as I know, you will be needing your passport. Clarify it with them. In any case, you may still ask HO for your passport back.
Be good.

Emilia_rom
Newly Registered

Post by Emilia_rom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:37 pm

hi there,

thanks for reply,

Went to register office and they clearly told me to get my passport without that they wont register or give me appointment! very rude, they dont even have full information, when i ask for the rule book they told me they dont have it while in the leaflet it cleary says all register offices in England must have them,

Do you know what should i say when i call to HO? should i just say i need my passport back as i need to get register?

Regards,