ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Never use a courier to collect the document back

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dtytsoi
Newly Registered

Never use a courier to collect the document back

Post by dtytsoi » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:17 pm

Dear all,

Just to share with you my painful experience these days. I am blessed that I have an urgent treatment for my HSMP after about 4 weeks' waiting as I have a job offer due to be started in May. I received an Email and told me that a decision has been reached and you can ask a courier to collect the document for you (even I have not mentioned in my application). It appears to be a nice idea as there is not much time left.

In the Email, it says that "they are more than happy to facilitate your use of a courier"

I arranged Federal Express to collect on my behalf, stating very clearly I will pay the bill myself and also inform HSMP.

However, in fact Federal Express approach the HSMP for twice - the officer refuses to give the document to Federal Express as she is asked to fill the airway bill form - which is an essential document for sending the document through courier - it declares the value and also it can indicate the receiver will be charged. She claimed that there may be responsibility HSMP needs to pay the bill. How come one can send the document without filling in the form? It is rather meaningless to arrange courier as the courier will not agree to send the document without an airway bill form - and I cannot fill in the form for them either.

I don't understand why HSMP is so paranoid - even it said that you can arrange courier collecting the document but essentially it is impossible.

So wait, wait, wait - even if you have the result.

DT

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:35 pm

dty,

sorry to hear that bad news, BTW..I deleted your second post as you had posted two of them presumably accidentally.

Any how, just like many countries, the UK government bodies which involve Civil Servants are very highly bureaucratic. I suppose you will have to resort to ordinary mail to arrange reciept of your documents..

it beats logic - when HSMP suggest that you should arrange for a courrier!!!....Havent you got a friend in the UK where they can post the documents so that your friend can courrier them to wherever you are...

I hope everything gets sorted out

Good Luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:35 pm

Did you use Fedex to deliver the application in the 1st place - my understanding is that you need to have the courier process done on a prepaid 2 way route i.e. from you to HSMP Team and from HSMP Team back to you.

Under the Fedex terms and conditions of carriage to Europe, Africa, Indian Subcontinent and the Middle East -
4.3 "Bill Recipient" or "Bill Consignee" means Charges will be billed to the Recipient. To bill Charges to the Recipient, the Recipient must have a valid FedEx Account Number and this number must be entered in the appropriate section of the Air Waybill. Bill Recipient Shipments are acceptable for carriage to specified locations only. If the Recipient refuses to pay, the Charges will automatically be billed to the Sender.
I presume you do not have a Fedex account number? If you don't/ can't pay the HSMP Team will end up getting charged so you can see why the official is reluctant to sign anything. You need to prepay with Fedex or failing that go to another courier that will facilitate such e.g. DHL.

dtytsoi
Newly Registered

Post by dtytsoi » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:52 pm

I do not use FedEx when sending the document. I only choose FedEx this time because it is the only one which allows to have a personal account - not a company one (i myself do not have any company). I have opened a personal account with FedEx and in fact if HSMP official will fill up the form, FedEx agree to send it for me under my account.

I have in fact stated clearly with FedEx and HSMP that I will pay the bill - the only thing I haven't do is saying a vow!

I think most courier will need you to fill in such form before sending the document - as it include custom declaration.

I have thought about asking my friend to collect it for me and send me back by courier - however, I read from other in the forum that they will only send the document but not the result - what is the meaning to get back the document urgently, without knowing the result?

I am discussing with HSMP whether they can accept if FedEx writes them a fax certifying I will pay all the charges. I don't know whether it works but it is already the 3rd day now - if it is sent by standard mail, probably the time will be similiar.

Not to say the difficulties for the courier to phone to HSMP office - it is rather hopeless to get the line in.

Just to let other know that how strange HSMP Office is.

DT

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:34 pm

It may be that your offer to pay if it does not materialise is not enforcable by law. It might be best in this instance to let your friend in the UK receive the originals and forward them to you - you would of course have to authorise the HSMP Team to do such in writing. Depending on your country of current residence a normal airmail letter from the UK in respect of your decision may take 1-2 weeks to get to you.

dtytsoi
Newly Registered

Post by dtytsoi » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:52 am

To give you some update on the issue:

I have finally managed to call my worker and she agrees to fill in the airway bill as FedEx has already faxed to her my receipt of payment.
However, the worker then said it is difficult for them to sign the form as they will bear responsibility if the document is lost - what is the point? If they don't sign the form, they will have no responsibility if the documents are lost!!!!

Finally they seems to agree to do so after a long reassurance but I am not sure yet as there may be another problem arises later. FedEx told me it is impossible to get the line through after repeated attempts. I understand their difficulty as I also face this difficulty when I try to call the worker.

However, they need to talk to her to arrange the pickup time. FedEx asks me if the worker can call the free pickup line of FedEx UK so that they can arrange pick up - the worker replied in the Email: "After discussed with my line manager, it is not our responsiblity to arrange pick-up and the FedEx should call at the general enquiry hotline". Is this what she means "they are more than happy to facilitate your use of a courier"?

I need to shout out and ventilate my emotion for this. What a crazy world of Home Office?

DT

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:01 pm

DT,

Thanx for the update - at least you appear to be making good headway.

Let us know how things progress, and let me hope there are no more addotional hurdles.

Lets hope the results are positive, and that EC will be ok!

Good Luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

JayGee

Post by JayGee » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:06 pm

I certainly hope that I don't experience that same problem when time comes!

dtytsoi
Newly Registered

Do Not use FedEx to collect your document back

Post by dtytsoi » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:45 pm

Some update on my documents.

In fact, finally the official at Home Office agrees to sign the airway bill form as I have proved to them I paid the bill.

However, the service of FedEx is absolutely poor - they cannot get the document for me in 3 days: having various excuses - comes after 5pm, forget to take the airway bill form for the official to fill in, not quoting the reference number...

In fact, FedEx admitted that they appoint another agent at Sheffield to collect document for them but the service is very bad.

Because my document was ready for collection but not being collected for more than 8 days because of the failure of FedEx UK - the staff at Home Office emailed me daily and finally suggested that I should choose DHL, which is reliable and trustworthy.

Finally I changed to use DHL, and they picked up the document for me yesterday, within 24 hours after I placed an order to them.

The result and documents are flying to me and hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. I have already asked for compensation from FedEx.

My advice (also suggest by HSMP) - use DHL and never never never use FedEx.

(Just to declare I have no relationship with DHL/FedEx)

spunk
Newly Registered

Post by spunk » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:19 am

yeah,i choosed FedEx firstly and then changed to use DHL.The service of the FedEx agent is very poor.

ho9

Post by ho9 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:10 am

DHL is fine to work with. I got my approval letter and all docs safely today (Thanks to God).

I claimed 105 points and about 80 i was sure of. it was under 28 outside UK case and took around 8 weeks.

Thanks to this forum

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:11 am

Congratulations on your achievement and best of luck with HSMP entry clearance application.

spunk
Newly Registered

Post by spunk » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:11 pm

The HSMP will give me another letter, I asked DHL to collect it but HSMP didnt to sign. DHL dont want to discuss with HSMP and ask me how , dtytsoi ,could you give me your DHL mail's number, the DHL worker ask me to tell them the number as i have told her someone has the same problem. Thank you.