ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes Life in the UK test?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xpscapable
Australia

Changes Life in the UK test?

Post by xpscapable » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi all,

Do we have more info about the coming changes about Life in the UK test? I'm thinking of booking the test now for October, if the test is changed in September do I have to buy new book?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi xpscapable, They said the test is going to change in autumn but not changed yet. Till now the book Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition is on going. Look the link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... n-uk-test/

I did my test and found the test is design to pass every one not making fail candidates. You could book your test in one week advance so why you wait for October. No need to buy any book. I followed Hiren study guide from online. Link is
http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1
Total 55 question set you could practice. Once you start reading you will find it so quick. Any way for peaceful mind you could follow the book for more practice
Passing the Life in the UK Test: Official Practice Questions and Answers Book This will give you indicate the type of questions.

Regards

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Arifahmmed

Thanks for study links, October because I am unavailable every single weekend in September due to work and travel and October is the earliest Saturday I can make.

vjohnson
Newly Registered

changes to the life in the uk test

Post by vjohnson » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 pm

My husband passed his life in the UK test last year, as we needed it when we were going to apply for his ILR via the 14 year long stay route, however we ended up getting his FLRM instead and are due to apply for ILR as my husband in Oct 2014.
Does this mean that we have to take the Life in the UK test AGAIN! He has really bad dyslexia and it took 6 months of hard work from both of us to get him to pass it first time round :(

BigEasy

Re: changes to the life in the uk test

Post by BigEasy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 pm

vjohnson wrote:My husband passed his life in the UK test last year, as we needed it when we were going to apply for his ILR via the 14 year long stay route, however we ended up getting his FLRM instead and are due to apply for ILR as my husband in Oct 2014.
Does this mean that we have to take the Life in the UK test AGAIN! He has really bad dyslexia and it took 6 months of hard work from both of us to get him to pass it first time round :(
I'm pretty sure that the certificate has no expiry date so he shouldn't have to take it again.
Fiancée visa application:
Documents received UKBA Bogotá: 18 May 2012
Visa approved: 19 June 2012
FLR(M) PEO Croydon: 13/11/2012, 2 Yr BRP received: 16/11/2012
SET(M) PEO Croydon: 24/10/2014, 10 Yr BRP received 28/10/2014