ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success 28/08/12 @ Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Smam

ILR Success 28/08/12 @ Solihull

Post by Smam » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi,

By the Grace of Almighty God and with lots and lots of prayers from my parents and immense help from this forum I got my ILR approved today at Solihull.

My success story.

Visa Status:WP 5 Years same employer.
Total No of Days Absent in 5 years= 78 days.

Appointment @9:00am.
I left London a day earlier and stayed in Etap Holte at the Bgham Intl Airport to avoid the hassle of driving and parking.

Seen the CW at about 9:20 am approx.
Q&A's from the CW.
CW:Which status you're applying for or what application you're making today.
Me: Applying for Set(o) or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
CW: On what basis you're applying for your ILR.
Me: On the basis of my WP.
CW: Have you been with the same employer for 5 years.
Me: Yes.
CW: Thanks. Can I've your PP,Application Form,Employers Letter and LIUK Pass Certificate.
Me:Provided all the required docs.
CW:I'll do some checks and will come back to you in couple of minutes.
Me: Ok that's fine.
CW:Can I've your 3 recent payslips and 3 recent bank statements.
Me:I've provided the required docs again. Also explained the CW that I've got he copies of all the provided docs. The CW asked for the photo copy of my employer letter as well and I haven't got the copy of my employer letter with me the CW said that's not a problem.

I do have got my P60's and nearly 7 more payslips and corresponding bank statements as well with me but the CW never asked for any of these documents at all what so ever.

Thinks to remember that I got promoted and got a payrise as well, but its never ever been asked and the CW never ever asked me regarding my Employers license or any thing which is unusual at all.

Then after nearly 5 to 10 min approx the CW said that she's satisfied with all of my documents and she asked me to proceed with the payments and then guided me for the BRP process and then after waiting for approx another 15 or 20 odd min I got my BRP taking and at about 11:00 am I got all my orignal documents back with the standard letter saying about my BRP card arrival information.

Also like to tell you that I got arrested in Nov 2011 and got released with out charged that was the only biggest point of worry for my but Thanks to Almighty God that's shouldn't be a problem at all.

Any questions welcome as ever.

Now waiting for the BRP card to arrive at my home.

Once again thanks a lot to all the forum members who have helped me in replying to my querries.

Good luck to every one who're still waiting for their ILR.

emini34

Re: By the Grace Of God ILR Success 28/08/12 @ Solihull

Post by emini34 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi Snam,

a big congrats to you for your success. i like the fact that you attribute your success to God. we are who we are by the Grace of God, also we succeed by the Grace of God. i have seen you made comments in several thread on this forum, am happy for you.

something i like to confirm is the photocpies of supporting documents. am i right that the case worker collected the photocopies from you because you mentioned it to him/her that you have them? "Also explained the CW that I've got he copies of all the provided docs."

[/i]

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:34 pm

congrats bro.

did you apply exactly 28 days before ???

tvj

Post by tvj » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Congrats. One big pressure is relieved.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:59 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for the future.

Question, if you can help me please . Did you use the sticky template for employer letter or some other format?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:11 am

First of all Congratulations and just out of curiosity needed to know that why were you arrested and did they take your finger prints and DNA at police station?

Thankyou
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:12 am

Hi

@emini34 Thanks to Almighty God who always helped me in every way of life I never ever forget the Creator Almighty God one and only. and Yes the CW was a lady and I did have got the photocopies of all the docs what I've provied to the CW and the CW was quite happy to have the photocopies from me.

@innocentdevil sorry brov I applied exactly 14 days early than my 5th anniversary of my WP.

@tvj many thanks for your wishes yes probably you're right one big pressure released.

@wpilr_nov12 I like the way you've immitated my congrats reply. Like many others I did have used the letter from the sticky but my HR director changed it a lot to customise it for my self.

Hope fully this will answer all the asked questions so far.

Good luck for every one who'll be applying for ILR.

Any more questions welcomed.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:16 am

navalaviator wrote:First of all Congratulations and just out of curiosity needed to know that why were you arrested and did they take your finger prints and DNA at police station?

Thankyou
Hi Mate,

Read the link below its being posted by me. You'll get the answer to your question with all the details.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... cpo#641728

Hopefully this will answer your question.

Good luck for your ILR.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:05 am

Thankyou for your link smam and after reading your posts I must say you are a truly a Gentleman.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 am

Congrats mate. Just one more question did you calculate 5 yr from entry to uk or EC stamped date?

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:22 am

Hi
@navalaviator Thanks a lot for your kind complement.
@Rajuk09 mate I was in UK already at the time of WP application so it was an in country application so there's no question of EC date at all mate

Good luck for every one ILR.

ssidd

Congratz bro

Post by ssidd » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 am

Many Many congratz....just need to double check that how you manage appointment in solihull???
Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD

Smam

Re: Congratz bro

Post by Smam » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 pm

ssidd wrote:Many Many congratz....just need to double check that how you manage appointment in solihull???
Hi

By the Grace of Almighty God I haven't had no difficulties at all in getting the appointment on my desired date I just have tried it on the mid night of 17th of July 2012 and I got the appointment for the 28th Aug 2012 exactly 42 days after it.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

ssidd

Congratz bro

Post by ssidd » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:15 pm

just need to ask you few more things,

Did you choose only one date i.e. 28th August because when you book appointment they ask two dates i.e. range and second query is in how many days did you get your ACRO because I have applied it and waiting for since last 4 weeks as I was involved in an accident and finally convicted from court with 6 points and fine.

sidd
Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD

Smam

Re: Congratz bro

Post by Smam » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm

ssidd wrote:just need to ask you few more things,

Did you choose only one date i.e. 28th August because when you book appointment they ask two dates i.e. range and second query is in how many days did you get your ACRO because I have applied it and waiting for since last 4 weeks as I was involved in an accident and finally convicted from court with 6 points and fine.

sidd
Hi

Well I think I've choosen the range not just the only date. I dont exactly remember how long it took for my ACRO to arrive to me I think it was nearly 4 weeks or probably a couple of days more that's all I remember but I do remember that how painful it was for me when I read that report that my eyes are still getting teared any ways that's just one of the most bitter fact of my life.

Good luck for your ILR.

vinu1310
Newly Registered

Post by vinu1310 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:08 am

Congrats Smam... great news.... :)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:44 am

Smam,

My situation
My WP letter salary is 28,500, job title on WP is Chemical Analytics Engineer, but have been paid more than this amount only for last 8 months. Current salary is £29,500.

SOC Figures (on page 27) from my SOC file
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
SOC Code 2125 Chemical Engineers
It lists three jobs
 New Graduate £25,400
 Non-chartered chemical engineer £26,500 --(this is my closest match)
 Chartered chemical engineer £36,000

SET O Form
SOC code (or nearest applicable which best describes
your employment) --> Actual SOC Code number 2125

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary) --> from the SOC Code list, if rate of pay listed as hourly. Leave blank, as my SOC salary is given annual

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary) --> from the SOC Code list, if rate of pay listed as annually. £26,500

Number of hours this salary is based on --> from the SOC Code list, 37.5 hours, as all rates on SOC files are

Number of weekly hours ---> is this what my own salary is based on (40 hours)

1. Am I filling the form boxes correctly?

2. Do you foresee any potential problems. SOC hourly rate at 37.5 hrs is 13.59p/h, my actual hourly rate at 40.00 hrs is 14.18p/h.

Your expertise would be appreciated.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Smam,

My situation
My WP letter salary is 28,500, job title on WP is Chemical Analytics Engineer, but have been paid more than this amount only for last 8 months. Current salary is £29,500.

SOC Figures (on page 27) from my SOC file
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
SOC Code 2125 Chemical Engineers
It lists three jobs
 New Graduate £25,400
 Non-chartered chemical engineer £26,500 --(this is my closest match)
 Chartered chemical engineer £36,000

SET O Form
SOC code (or nearest applicable which best describes
your employment) --> Actual SOC Code number 2125

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary) --> from the SOC Code list, if rate of pay listed as hourly. Leave blank, as my SOC salary is given annual

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice – hourly rate or annual salary) --> from the SOC Code list, if rate of pay listed as annually. £26,500

Number of hours this salary is based on --> from the SOC Code list, 37.5 hours, as all rates on SOC files are

Number of weekly hours ---> is this what my own salary is based on (40 hours)

1. Am I filling the form boxes correctly?

2. Do you foresee any potential problems. SOC hourly rate at 37.5 hrs is 13.59p/h, my actual hourly rate at 40.00 hrs is 14.18p/h.

Your expertise would be appreciated.
Hi Mate,

Telling you the truth that my salary remains the same for 4 years and 3 months and which was below my SOC code and offourse you can see this in my previous all the 5 P60's which is pretty much obvious to every one. Thanks to Almighty God I finally got promoted after failing 3 times the promotion test in my firm and after working my socks off in the last 8 or 9 months and then I got my pay rise which was I think £3.09 odd quids more than the SOC code per hour, the CW just asked me my last 3 payslips and then she took her calculator out and then she calculated my SOC and my salary so which clears this thing to my mind from my experience that SOC code is only in question not for your past earnings but for your present last 3 months earnings and its never ever mentioned on the UKBA website where it contains the SOC code info that your SOC code has to match from your past earnings as well its just for your present earnings that's all it is.

Luckily I've got the copy of my application form infront of me now on my office desk and I've filled it like that.

SOC code mine was 3537 just wrote the SOC code no and nothing else.

Current rate of pay £16.41 Gross per hour.

Current rate of pay £32,000 Gross per annum

No of Hours this salary is based on 37.5 hours per week.

No of weekly hours I just wrote 37.5 hours.

I did have used the word Gross where ever I've mentioned my salary stuffs being my self in the field of Finance I dont really like to leave any confusion of net salary or gross salary figure that's why I've mentioned it clearly by using the word Gross and that's some thing I will advice you to do as well as the most important thing is that UKBA is only interested in your Gross Figures not the net ones.

I always try my best to keep simple and I've gone through that's all about it I was quite confused as well but one thing I really love about my self and I just always Thanks To Almighty God all the time that I've got bags and bags of confindence in my self that's just a God Gifted thing for me.

Good luck for your ILR.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:32 am

Smam wrote:
I did have used the word Gross where ever I've mentioned my salary stuffs being my self in the field of Finance I dont really like to leave any confusion of net salary or gross salary figure that's why I've mentioned it clearly by using the word Gross and that's some thing I will advice you to do as well as the most important thing is that UKBA is only interested in your Gross Figures not the net ones.

I always try my best to keep simple and I've gone through that's all about it I was quite confused as well but one thing I really love about my self and I just always Thanks To Almighty God all the time that I've got bags and bags of confindence in my self that's just a God Gifted thing for me.

Good luck for your ILR.
Smam, as always you have been helpful, and thank you for clarification, and the gross tip.
Since we both are on similar leaky boats (at least yours is done now), I have another relevant question to you - regarding employer letter. in order to avoid unnecessary confusion, my employer is suggesting not to include Job title. I hope CW are not very particular on these bits if the form necessarily ask for this (it asks for job continuity confirmation, SOC, current pay, Above SOC confirmation). Would you have any views on this job title issue?

Thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:25 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
Smam wrote:

Good luck for your ILR.
Smam, as always you have been helpful, and thank you for clarification, and the gross tip.
Since we both are on similar leaky boats (at least yours is done now), I have another relevant question to you - regarding employer letter. in order to avoid unnecessary confusion, my employer is suggesting not to include Job title. I hope CW are not very particular on these bits if the form necessarily ask for this (it asks for job continuity confirmation, SOC, current pay, Above SOC confirmation). Would you have any views on this job title issue?

Thanks
Hi Mate,

Think about it mate, dont you think that you're trying to dig a bloody big hole for your self by not mentioning your job title in your employers letter.

Yes I do agree with you that its not been mentioned any where by the UKBA but let me tell you one thing clearly from my deepest thoughts that this is a pre requisite thing to be mentioned on your employer letter other wise your employer letter looks incomplete and the other thing is that the CW matches your designation from your SOC code how you're going to justify for your SOC code with out mentioning your own job title clearly on your employer letter. I think not mentioning your job title will create confusions and more and more questions in CW mind then by mentioning it clearly and just use the sentence if your SOC code is not matching exactly from your designation just use the sentence that this is the closet match of the SOC code for WP_ILR Nov 2012.

Good luck for your ILR.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks Smam, I had not thought of the 'bloody hole'. I now have something to convince my employer that it is Ok to include job title with the addition 'closest match' tag.

Rgds

Smam

Thanks to Almighty God My BRP card has Just Arrived as Well

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi

Thanks to Almighty God I would like to give Just a quick update that I just have recieved my BRP card as well with in 48 hours of the approval of my ILR which is really great I am quite impress and quite happy from the service provided to me by UKBA simply amazing I wasn't expecting any thing near to that from UKBA but any ways all is well that ends well.

Good luck to every one for the future and for their ILRs applications.

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi Smam, my heartiest congratulations to you for getting ILR.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks to Almighty God My BRP card has Just Arrived as W

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

Thanks to Almighty God I would like to give Just a quick update that I just have recieved my BRP card as well with in 48 hours of the approval of my ILR which is really great I am quite impress and quite happy from the service provided to me by UKBA simply amazing I wasn't expecting any thing near to that from UKBA but any ways all is well that ends well.

Good luck to every one for the future and for their ILRs applications.

Congratulations... hopefully you will still hang around on this ILR forum for a while before you make move to BC forum ...

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Smam, a belated congrats to you for your success story. I havent logged in much since I have sorted my ILR back in May (which is bad from me as I promised to keep logging to help others).

But today, when I was at work I suddenly remembered you and wondered what happened to your case.

I must say I am so delighted that you got it and that salary increase and arrest did not affect your case. Best wishes for the future and keep up your helpful work here at immigrationboards.

LA