ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: British Passport for Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divmehta
Newly Registered

Post by divmehta » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi,

I rec'd my ILR this Month and am now applying for my child's British Registration thru Form MN1 (child was born last Year)

Question is after I receive the British Registration Certificate (MN1 Form)
Do I need to apply for British passport using the ONLINE Application as below =>>

https://passports.ips.gov.uk/epa1r1a/index.aspx?c=1

Is the below website to be referred for all info for British Passport =>>

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174107

(The application form, fee and supporting documents for a child passport
)

Thanks for any advise in advance

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:09 am

You can use the online form to fill the passport application. They would then print it out and send you over to sign and attach photographs etc.

Alternatively can grab an application form from the nearest post office and fill it yourself. Application form itself is very easy to fill and simple.

Yes that link provides required information for child passport application.

divmehta
Newly Registered

Post by divmehta » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 pm

thanks for your advise..

Can u also let me know how long does it take to get the UK passport ?

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Usually takes 3-8weeks..in some cases it could take longer.

divmehta
Newly Registered

Re: Child's British Passport

Post by divmehta » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:02 pm

I am looking at Link for Supporting docs to be sent when applying for child's first british passport

>>> "http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174107"

Child was born in UK Last Year and I got my ILR this Year and hence am appying for child's passport (have done the British registration/naturalisation for Child)

However As per the link the supporting docs required are ->>>

1)section 4 of the application form completed with the British passport details for either parent*

>>> Neither me of my wife have a British passport ..we only have ILR's so what do we provide here

2) Home Office certificate of registration or naturalisation for either parent*

Is the above the same as providing the ILR Docs as I got my ILR recently (Biometric ILR)

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Glc

Post by Glc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:27 pm

If the child was born or adopted in the UK, IPS needs to see the child's full birth or adoption certificate showing parents' details and ONE of the following:

1. section 4 of the application form completed with the British passport details for either parent*
2. UK birth certificate for either parent*
3. Home Office certificate of registration or naturalisation for either parent*
4. the passport that was valid at the time of the child's birth** for either parent*

Note*: if supplying the father's details, IPS needs to see the parents' marriage certificate as well.

Note**: if the passport expired before the child's birth, you need to send the passport on which the parent entered the UK.

In your case, since items items 1-3 don't apply, then submit item 4. Note that your are required to submit only one of them. That and your child's UK birth certificate.

ak36

Re: Child's British Passport

Post by ak36 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 am

Hi devmehta,

My case is exactly like yours - I also got my ILR last month and am now applying for my UK born child's naturalisation. Could you please tell me what I need to provide with the application form (MN1) and also can I apply for my two children on one application form or I have to fill in two separate forms, one for each child?

Thanks,

divmehta
Newly Registered

Post by divmehta » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks for the reply

As part of filling the application form I need to have the form signed by a countersignatory (section 10).

Can the countersignatory be a colleage a work place ? (IT Professional ??)

Also I understand the person also needs to sign at the back of the baby's photograph ?

Thanks for any reponses in advance,

divmehta
Newly Registered

Post by divmehta » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Also in ""SECTION 11: Grandparents - Mother's parents""2

Your date of birth and place of birth, together with your parent's details mean that your claim to a UK Passport appears likely to rely on the birth details of your grandparents on your mother or parent 1's side

==> Do I need to fill this section as it doesn't seem to make sense as I am not a UK Passport holder