ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband on Spouse Visa wants to go back for holiday

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jamadar
Newly Registered

Husband on Spouse Visa wants to go back for holiday

Post by Jamadar » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:36 pm

Hello

My Husband and I got married in January 06 in his homeland India he was granted a 2 year spouse visa, we are both now hoping to go back to India for 2 weeks in February, just to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. However I am worried if we go we will not be granted ILR after 2 years and also I am worried we might be given grief by immigration officers at Bombay - India.

We would really like to go and want to book tickets soon however were not sure whether this could jeopardise my husbands future.

Please HELP!

Thanks

Rover8098

Post by Rover8098 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:59 pm

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations on your 1 year anniversary, secondly, what the hell are you talking about???!!! Your husband is here legally with a spouse visa, which gives him the right to leave and enter the UK as many times as he wants within the validity of his visa. The ILR will only be impacted if he spends more than 90 days out of the UK in any 365 day period, but a 2 weeks holiday does not count!!! And what hassle by immigration at Bombay? He is an Indian Citizen and has the right to enter and leave India any time he wants. Similarly, on his return to the UK, he won't get any hassle as he will have a valid visa - the most he will be asked is "where have you been, how long for, are you still married to your wife and is she travelling with you?" - that's all. Stop being paraniod, book your tickets and enjoy your holiday in India!!! :lol:

Jamadar
Newly Registered

Post by Jamadar » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:12 pm

Hi

Thank You soo much!!! Its such a relief to hear that. However circumstances have changed a little, I want to now go for 3 weeks lol yes call me greedy!! However that still doesnt make a difference does it as its 90 days in a year.

I just want to say thanks, I have lost sleep over it but now im going to log off and go shopping for my Hols.

Thanks!