ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependant application from india - document checklist

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simic

tier 1 dependant application from india - document checklist

Post by simic » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:05 am

I will be applying for my infant daughters tier 1 dependant visa from india next week. My daughter was born in india.

I would appreciate it if someone could verify the documents i have ready and let me know if i am missing anything.

1) Application form.
2) Photographs.
3) Birth certificate.
4) Applicant Passport.
5) Passport copies with visa page of both parenrs
6) 3 months bank statement from India showing maintenance fund
7) 3 months payslip copies.
8) Rental agreement.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 am

it looks Ok..just add a consent letter from mother stating that she is happy to provide the visa to your daughter as a dependant on you...

simic

Post by simic » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 am

gaurav76.5 wrote:it looks Ok..just add a consent letter from mother stating that she is happy to provide the visa to your daughter as a dependant on you...
Thanks for the prompt reply. Is there any specific format for the consent letter?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 am

nope nothing as such..just in simple words...

simic

Post by simic » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:44 am

gaurav 76.5 wrote:nope nothing as such..just in simple words...

Thanks. Appreciate your prompt response

varghesejim
India

Re: tier 1 dependant application from india - document check

Post by varghesejim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:10 pm

simic wrote:I will be applying for my infant daughters tier 1 dependant visa from india next week. My daughter was born in india.

I would appreciate it if someone could verify the documents i have ready and let me know if i am missing anything.

1) Application form.
2) Photographs.
3) Birth certificate.
4) Applicant Passport.
5) Passport copies with visa page of both parenrs
6) 3 months bank statement from India showing maintenance fund
7) 3 months payslip copies.
8) Rental agreement.
looks fine. But you dont need payslips and rental agreement as per the rules. Is that right?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:17 pm

he will need those..

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:he will need those..
Is that in the rules? Could you please provide the reference/link?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:43 pm

its no where written in guidance notes...I am telling from expwrience as they ask for it to establish if you will be able you to support the dependant...sometimes the rules book doesn't say all...

simic

Post by simic » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:56 pm

i didnt think i would need the payslips or rental agreement either but decided to add my husband and my payslips just to build a better case. My husband is the tier 1 holder and i am here as his dependant.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:17 pm

simic wrote:i didnt think i would need the payslips or rental agreement either but decided to add my husband and my payslips just to build a better case. My husband is the tier 1 holder and i am here as his dependant.
I also need to apply for my wife and kid next month. I am not very sure if I need to put this "extra" documents. If you miss any documents as per the rule the extra documents wont prevent a rejection. Then, if you have all the required documents then the extra documents need not make it better. Right?
Last edited by varghesejim on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:21 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote: sometimes the rules book doesn't say all...
That is not acceptable. Is there any specific incidents where they rejected the visa even though the rule book is followed for the application?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:04 pm

happened with me wherein they asked for additional documents...

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:happened with me wherein they asked for additional documents...
Could you please provide the details?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 pm

what kind of details do you want???..I am not stopping you going by the rulw book..if you are happpy to go with it then go with it.. I cant simply understand whats wrong in giving additinal info that too only to add payalips and such a big discussuon is going on this....

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:what kind of details do you want???..I am not stopping you going by the rulw book..if you are happpy to go with it then go with it.. I cant simply understand whats wrong in giving additinal info that too only to add payalips and such a big discussuon is going on this....
You said to the OP that extra documents are needed but did not give any reason. You said you are talking from your experience but did not make it clear what was your experience, what did they ask you to submit and why. I know you are trying to help, but I prefer to reason the things. Just saying something is required without a reason won't work for me. You might be absolutely right in saying that these extra documents are required. That input is appreciated. I will find out why is it required/not required.

Again, I am not trying to argue with you. I need to apply for my wife and kid next month. I just prefer to get my doubts cleared.

simic

Post by simic » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:10 pm

varghesejim wrote:
simic wrote:i didnt think i would need the payslips or rental agreement either but decided to add my husband and my payslips just to build a better case. My husband is the tier 1 holder and i am here as his dependant.
I also need to apply for my wife and kid next month. I am not very sure if I need to put this "extra" documents. If you miss any documents as per the rule the extra documents wont prevent a rejection. Then, if you have all the required documents then the extra documents need not make it better. Right?
To be honest I don't think it's needed either. I read the policy guidance multiple times and don't see them requested. However I added those just because I see lt of people in the forum had it as part of their document set and I didn't want to be missing something

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:44 am

I am assuming if you have read my post earlier..I was told to provide the evidence how would I be able to support my wife and kid without using public funds even though I have showed twice the amount in my bank as maintenance funds...thats why they asked for additional documents and I submitted my payslips...

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:27 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:I am assuming if you have read my post earlier..I was told to provide the evidence how would I be able to support my wife and kid without using public funds even though I have showed twice the amount in my bank as maintenance funds...thats why they asked for additional documents and I submitted my payslips...
Thank you, Gaurav. That explains it.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:06 pm

simic wrote:
varghesejim wrote:
To be honest I don't think it's needed either. I read the policy guidance multiple times and don't see them requested. However I added those just because I see lt of people in the forum had it as part of their document set and I didn't want to be missing something
Got it. Though it is not explicity saying about rental agreement, immigration rule 319H (I) says this regarding child applicant

All arrangements for the child's care and accommodation in the UK must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations.

So, you are good to go as you have everything. All the best and thank you for the post.