ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

badger111

Post by badger111 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:12 pm

z18runway wrote:
badger111 wrote:
bobobo wrote:The Application is refused and sent back.
Hm, I see. Well, I think I have made a mistake, but it has been 25 weeks, and they have invited me for biometrics, obviously taken money of the account, and contacted local council. So is it really possible that they haven't realized that, or it just that they haven't even bothered to go through the form?
you saying they contacted local council, by the way, how do you know that they contacted ? and moreover what type of info they need from local council ?
Well first of all the have taken money from the account, meaning they had to look at the application. Secondly, they have sent me an invitation for biometrics, which I have done, so they also had to look at the application for that. And thirdly, they have contacted local council to check whether the address on the application is valid, and to tell them that I am in the country for the council tax. And I know that beacuse local coundil sent as a letter to confirm that.

What happens if you want to withdrawn the application, and go down the fast way of paying extra?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:41 pm

badger111 wrote:
z18runway wrote:
badger111 wrote:
bobobo wrote:The Application is refused and sent back.
Hm, I see. Well, I think I have made a mistake, but it has been 25 weeks, and they have invited me for biometrics, obviously taken money of the account, and contacted local council. So is it really possible that they haven't realized that, or it just that they haven't even bothered to go through the form?
you saying they contacted local council, by the way, how do you know that they contacted ? and moreover what type of info they need from local council ?
Well first of all the have taken money from the account, meaning they had to look at the application. Secondly, they have sent me an invitation for biometrics, which I have done, so they also had to look at the application for that. And thirdly, they have contacted local council to check whether the address on the application is valid, and to tell them that I am in the country for the council tax. And I know that beacuse local coundil sent as a letter to confirm that.

What happens if you want to withdrawn the application, and go down the fast way of paying extra?
thanks for your reply,
i dont think there is fast track application mode, either PEO or by post, as you said you sent to wrong address, but may be internally they might have sent to the right department to decide with your application.

badger111

Post by badger111 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59 pm

z18runway wrote:
badger111 wrote:
z18runway wrote:
badger111 wrote:

thanks for your reply,
i dont think there is fast track application mode, either PEO or by post, as you said you sent to wrong address, but may be internally they might have sent to the right department to decide with your application.
There is a fast track option. You just have to pay extra money and you can have an appointment at one of their offices. And I didn't send then wrong address, it's the form. I have sent SET (M) instead FLR (M), but have only realized that few days ago. And am wondering what is going to happen next, as they had it for 25 weeks, have been through application, and nothing seems to be wrong so far.

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:06 pm

badger111 wrote: I have sent SET (M) instead FLR (M), but have only realized that few days ago. And am wondering what is going to happen next, as they had it for 25 weeks, have been through application, and nothing seems to be wrong so far.
Ouch! I really hope it works out for you. Fingers crossed there's no issue with the mix up.

LE80
Newly Registered

Post by LE80 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd share my own timeline. I posted it back in May, but we've still heard nothing. As someone else said, it's pretty depressing coming here! But it's nice to know we are not the only ones stuck in this situation.

Docs sent: 10th March 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 16th March
Biometrics done at Battersea Post Office: 31st March
Visa applied for: FLR(M) spouse
Existing visa: Tier 5 youth mobility (Expired 24th April)

It's pretty tough for us, my partner's job has ended (I'm the sponsor) and she can't get a new job without her passport/visa. Everyone is just telling her to come back when she has it. Very useful! We were counting down the days until the 6 month point, but reading here it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyway good luck to everyone, especially those on similar timescales to me - hope you hear something soon.

ak145m
BANNED

FLR M

Post by ak145m » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:56 pm

LE80 wrote:Hi everyone

Just thought I'd share my own timeline. I posted it back in May, but we've still heard nothing. As someone else said, it's pretty depressing coming here! But it's nice to know we are not the only ones stuck in this situation.

Docs sent: 10th March 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 16th March
Biometrics done at Battersea Post Office: 31st March
Visa applied for: FLR(M) spouse
Existing visa: Tier 5 youth mobility (Expired 24th April)

It's pretty tough for us, my partner's job has ended (I'm the sponsor) and she can't get a new job without her passport/visa. Everyone is just telling her to come back when she has it. Very useful! We were counting down the days until the 6 month point, but reading here it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyway good luck to everyone, especially those on similar timescales to me - hope you hear something soon.
Hi LE80
I have applied two weeks after you so looks like I should stop looking at post everyday until next month. I feel for you and it's frustrating UKBA charge extortionate fees but cannot provide basic customer service like update on the progress.
All the best

ak145m
BANNED

Re: FLR M

Post by ak145m » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:01 pm

UKBA is incompetent
Last edited by ak145m on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Re: pending biometrics letter

Post by TnT-FreaK » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:
travelerzee wrote:HI Steph,

the UKBA received our application on 5 July. we still havent received the biometrics letter yet! we're called twice and have been told that my application 'isnt on the system yet' so they cant even request it for us. as always, the best/ only advice, according to the UKBA, is 'be patient'...

New to this forum, so here is my story. I have received the same response from UKBA "application isnt on the system yet". See below for my timeline

Key Question: Has anyone received a biometrics letter with application date for FLR(M) in July?

I am also following: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-298846

Date applied/docs sent: 04/07/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 05/07/2012
Date received ack. letter: 11/07/2012 Dated 09/07/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: pending....
Date biometrics appointment: pending...
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: pending...
Biometric Card Received: pending...
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: PSW
My timeline is exactly like yours. I have not received a biometrics letter either. This week will be nearly 8 weeks. I am wondering whether asking for the sponsors passport back might speed this up??
Some might be of the opinion that requesting the sponsors passport back helps and makes them look at your application, However personally I would probably wait an extra couple of weeks. I doubt that home office would start re-ordering applications just because you requested the sponsors passport back. And while I am speculating, one potential outcome could be further delays because UKBA has had to take your application out, do something else with it rather than process it through normal route.

Its a waiting game, we are all in it. Let's see what happens. I'm just waiting to see when does one of the July applicants gets a biometric letter

Best,
T

badger111

Post by badger111 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 pm

ken2mj wrote:
badger111 wrote: I have sent SET (M) instead FLR (M), but have only realized that few days ago. And am wondering what is going to happen next, as they had it for 25 weeks, have been through application, and nothing seems to be wrong so far.
Ouch! I really hope it works out for you. Fingers crossed there's no issue with the mix up.
It's just I don't know what is the procedure if they do want a new form? I cannot get to talk to them as they don't want to be contacted. I did contact my MP so something might happen there. I just don't know what to do. If they refuse my application I will apply again, not a problem, but I just need to know what to do.

Anybody has experience with that?

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:31 pm

TnT-FreaK wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:

the UKBA received our application on 5 July. we still havent received the biometrics letter yet! we're called twice and have been told that my application 'isnt on the system yet' so they cant even request it for us. as always, the best/ only advice, according to the UKBA, is 'be patient'...

New to this forum, so here is my story. I have received the same response from UKBA "application isnt on the system yet". See below for my timeline

Key Question: Has anyone received a biometrics letter with application date for FLR(M) in July?

My timeline is exactly like yours. I have not received a biometrics letter either. This week will be nearly 8 weeks. I am wondering whether asking for the sponsors passport back might speed this up??
Some might be of the opinion that requesting the sponsors passport back helps and makes them look at your application, However personally I would probably wait an extra couple of weeks. I doubt that home office would start re-ordering applications just because you requested the sponsors passport back. And while I am speculating, one potential outcome could be further delays because UKBA has had to take your application out, do something else with it rather than process it through normal route.

Its a waiting game, we are all in it. Let's see what happens. I'm just waiting to see when does one of the July applicants gets a biometric letter

Best,
T

While i can see your logic Tnt, it did help us- i think. we can never really be sure though... I hope this means that other people who applied in July should be receiving the biometrics letters soon.

here is our timeline:

Date applied/docs sent: 03/07/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 04/07/2012
Date received ack. letter: Dated 09/07/2012
Contacted MP requesting return of sponsor's passport: 13/07/2012 (legitimate travel in sept)
Sponsor's passport arrived:25/08/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 28/08/2012. Dated: 24/08/2012
Date biometrics appointment: Post office 28/08/2012
Visa From: Tier1 (exp Aug 2012)

Now the really long wait begins. Good luck everyone!! :)

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Post by TnT-FreaK » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:45 pm

travelerzee wrote: While i can see your logic Tnt, it did help us- i think. we can never really be sure though... I hope this means that other people who applied in July should be receiving the biometrics letters soon.

here is our timeline:

Contacted MP requesting return of sponsor's passport: 13/07/2012 (legitimate travel in sept)

Travelerzee, Thanks for sharing your timeline and recent update, I hope you are one of the first July applicants to get their biometric letters. Looking at your example, requesting the sponsor passport did help indeed. I am probably going to wait till early next week and give UKBA a call to check if my application is "on the system" or not.

I hope your wait is not long, and you actually get yours approved in the next 4 weeks

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:27 pm

TnT-FreaK wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:

Best,
T
I agree with you completely ..

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:03 am

One of the things I often wonder is if the UKBA scrutinise certain applications more closely than others, based solely on the applicant's nationality. It might explain why some applications are processed in just a couple of months, while others are dragged out for six or more.

Roadmaster
Newly Registered

Post by Roadmaster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:28 am

travelerzee wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:

Best,
T

While i can see your logic Tnt, it did help us- i think. we can never really be sure though... I hope this means that other people who applied in July should be receiving the biometrics letters soon.

here is our timeline:

Good and valid points made by both TnT-FreaK and travelerzee. I realise this is a waiting game. Also I think to request the sponsor’s passport it must be for legitimate travel as in the case of travelerzee. My main concern is my own passport not my spouse's as I have had to postpone two business trips now due to not having my passport.

Anyway good luck to all. Hopefully we will see these biometrics letters come through soon. BTW - postman just came, nothing still!

nholler
Newly Registered

waiting and waiting and waiting!

Post by nholler » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 am

ken2mj wrote:One of the things I often wonder is if the UKBA scrutinise certain applications more closely than others, based solely on the applicant's nationality. It might explain why some applications are processed in just a couple of months, while others are dragged out for six or more.

Hi Ken2mj, I've often wondered the same thing. My wife (applicant) is Canadian so I thought it would be a seamless process. A friend of mine applied for the FLR (M) in November 2011 and his wife is Chinese and their application took 5 weeks. However, this was before the Olympics excuse which has been floating around since the new year.

I requested my passport back last Monday 20th August in the hope it would kickstart my application. Still haven't received passport as of yet.

Echo721
Newly Registered

Post by Echo721 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:17 am

Hello everyone,

I posted my application on 23/2/2012 and hit the 6-month mark on 22/8/2012. So I called 0870 606 7766 in the morning of 22/8/2012. I got through via ‘return of documents’ option after waiting for 14 minutes which was shorter than expected. The lady on the phone told me to call again on the next day because I was one day early to check my application status and she wouldn’t be able to see the information in her system yet. I asked if I could request my boyfriend’s driving license back. She typed my reference number into the system and said that in their system my application date was actually 22/2/2012 hence to save me calling back again, she could tell me that my application was still being processed. So I guess they might have registered the date that I signed on the form in their system. She submitted my request of return of document in their system and said that it would be dealt with by another team based on how urgent my reason was. It would take 20 working days to the request to be processed. And I could only query this once the 20-day period had passed.

It sounded very busy in the background. She said they did answer calls all the time, but because of the large volume of calls, unfortunately some callers ended up waiting for a long time. She was quite friendly and helpful, but did sound a bit stressed as well and it was only 10 o’clock in the morning.

I haven’t heard anything from them yet since the phone call. So I guess I’ll just have to wait. Fingers crossed.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:20 pm

ak145m wrote:Hi Everyone

If I wait till next month, I'll be eligible to apply for ILR long resident 10 years.

I would like some advice as if I call them and cancel my FLR M application and submit ILR application. they will have to charge me current fee - fees already paid for FLR M so I'll save £550. But if I get refused for ILR which I shouldn't as I have never lived more than 45 days outside UK in last 10 years and no convictions, I'll have to apply for FLR M on new rules which is quite harsh waiting 5 years more for ILR.

what do you guys suggest?
Yes you can apply on 10 years rule, use SET O form and include the require fees and a letter to explain that you want your application to vary. You may end up getting ILR instead of Leave to Remain as a Spouse. Make sure you also includes LIUK test pass certificate and all your previous passport that shows all the 10 years period. Good Luck.
nothing united in United Nation.

ak145m
BANNED

Post by ak145m » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Yes you can apply on 10 years rule, use SET O form and include the require fees and a letter to explain that you want your application to vary. You may end up getting ILR instead of Leave to Remain as a Spouse. Make sure you also includes LIUK test pass certificate and all your previous passport that shows all the 10 years period. Good Luck.
Thanks sufferhead,
My both passports are with UKBA, so is it ok if I just complete form and LIUK test certificate and send them with the home office ref?
I was on tier 1 for 4 yrs and student visa before, do I need to submit all study certificates as well?
Thanks buddy

badger111

Post by badger111 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 pm

ken2mj wrote:One of the things I often wonder is if the UKBA scrutinise certain applications more closely than others, based solely on the applicant's nationality. It might explain why some applications are processed in just a couple of months, while others are dragged out for six or more.
No I don't believe that to be the case. I come from a country that is going to join EU next year in July, and as I am a civil partner of a British citizen even if UK decides to limit workers from new members I will still not be affected and will have full right to live, work, and vote in local elections.

Just an update:

Application sent: 5.3.2012.
Payment taken: 8.3.2012.
Biometrics enrolled: 30.3.2012.
Documents received: pending
BRP received: pending

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:21 am

Hey guys,

Just an enquiry, if you're switching from a PSW visa to a FLR(M) visa, and while applying for the FLR(M) visa you're already working legally in the UK under the PSW visa.. will you still be allowed to work while waiting for the new FLR(M) visa to be processed even though your PSW visa has expired? From my understanding it is allowed, but I just want some confirmation here.

Also, on a side note...
NO BIOMETRICS LETTER YET!!!!!!! THIS WAIT IS KILLING ME SOFTLY.
Applied 13/7/12!

ak145m
BANNED

Post by ak145m » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 am

Yes you are eligible to work, you will have to show your home office acknowledgement letter to your employer who should know that you are a legal resident with visa status you held until expired.
check FAQ at the end of this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/
shiali wrote:Hey guys,

Just an enquiry, if you're switching from a PSW visa to a FLR(M) visa, and while applying for the FLR(M) visa you're already working legally in the UK under the PSW visa.. will you still be allowed to work while waiting for the new FLR(M) visa to be processed even though your PSW visa has expired? From my understanding it is allowed, but I just want some confirmation here.

Also, on a side note...
Applied 13/7/12!

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:38 am

Well, just to commiserate with all the others who have passed 6 months and received meaningless updates, I called the UKBA today as it's now been 6 months and 2 days. I was told my visa has no been processed, that the applications are done by biometrics date, and that there's no other information available to me. I did try to ask if there was any point that I could call and get an actually update, for example, if my waiting time continues for 8 or 10 or 12 months. All she said was, "I don't think it will take a year." Oh my goodness. Well anyways, we just emailed our MP again asking for any help they can give us and posted a letter to the UK form each of us separately asking for an actual update. We also included the fact that many other postal applications are being decided faster and asked for an explanation. I'm not holding my breath that we'll hear anything, so I'll continue to wait. Good luck to everyone else!

Application Date: February 27th 2012
Biometrics Enrolled: March 26th 2012

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you! Something off my chest. Now the waiting game continues. It's been 6 weeks and still no biometrics letter! I will update my timeline here as soon as I get it (IF I EVER DO?!).
GOOD LUCK GUYS! BE STRONG! THE PAIN THEY'RE CAUSING US IS NOT WORTH IT.
ak145m wrote:Yes you are eligible to work, you will have to show your home office acknowledgement letter to your employer who should know that you are a legal resident with visa status you held until expired.
check FAQ at the end of this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/
shiali wrote:Hey guys,

Also, on a side note...
Applied 13/7/12!

Flrm agony
Newly Registered

I wonder.....

Post by Flrm agony » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 am

Hi guys,
I have been watching this forum closely for a while and can see that most of us are stuck in the same position.
I just have some points to make , yesterday the UKBA released their new figures about the net immigration and the reduction of 36,000 people.
If 8,000 flrm applications have been made since January and many people are still waiting, i am assuming that those applications have not been counted in their so-called reduction.

The same situation is occurring with a few other visas that the UKBA should issue. There are other forums with loads of students being tortured stuck in the UK over summer with no hope of going home during the vacation.

I noticed something interesting in the following link http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-298846

It can be seen that after he/she put them under pressure, they gave in and offered him/her feedback on their application which I find a bit unfair. But I so much admire his/her reply, where they stood up for us and did not fall for their trick.

Now I wonder if we could contact the BBC or any other news agency and ask them to make our case clear for the public . I am sure there are enough of us here and other forums that we can offer a solid case.

all that because the UKBA seems to be showing off their good dos and nothing about people who are still waiting. I just can not believe we paid that much money for such a service.

My time line is :
docs sent : 7/ july
ack letter : dated 16/ july
payment taken: 17/July
Bio letter : still waiting
Docs returned : still waiting

ak145m
BANNED

Re: I wonder.....

Post by ak145m » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 pm

I have completed BBC online form to send info about us and requested to create a news article, hopefully the will do something about it, we pay tv license fee as well why would BBc always seem to provide reports supporting UKBA.
Flrm agony wrote:Hi guys,
I have been watching this forum closely for a while and can see that most of us are stuck in the same position.
I just have some points to make , yesterday the UKBA released their new figures about the net immigration and the reduction of 36,000 people.
If 8,000 flrm applications have been made since January and many people are still waiting, i am assuming that those applications have not been counted in their so-called reduction.

The same situation is occurring with a few other visas that the UKBA should issue. There are other forums with loads of students being tortured stuck in the UK over summer with no hope of going home during the vacation.

I noticed something interesting in the following link http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-298846

It can be seen that after he/she put them under pressure, they gave in and offered him/her feedback on their application which I find a bit unfair. But I so much admire his/her reply, where they stood up for us and did not fall for their trick.

Now I wonder if we could contact the BBC or any other news agency and ask them to make our case clear for the public . I am sure there are enough of us here and other forums that we can offer a solid case.

all that because the UKBA seems to be showing off their good dos and nothing about people who are still waiting. I just can not believe we paid that much money for such a service.

My time line is :
docs sent : 7/ july
ack letter : dated 16/ july
payment taken: 17/July
Bio letter : still waiting
Docs returned : still waiting