ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with two passports

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ping26
Newly Registered

Travelling with two passports

Post by ping26 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Here is my Story;
I'm a Family member of an EEA national, my wife not working since more than a year and this is because we have a 1 and half year baby to take care of.

I have changed my name a while back from Example "John Smith" to "Michael Smith". now I've changed my passport too so my old one which hold the EEA residency is now cut on the corners of it.
transferring the residence to my new passport will take around 6 months and I will have to buy a health insurance for all my family members (around 800£ for 6 months) as she is not exercising a treaty right now (I'm the one working for my family).
I wonder if I can travel with the two passports abroad as I have only one year left for me to apply for the Permanent residency here in UK?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Assuming you haven't changed your appearance as well, I believe it should be OK as it would clear you are the same person (or his twin brother).

Medical insurance for self sufficient is required to meet the EEA regulations, not just for RC application. If you don't have one to cover the self sufficient periods, your PR confirmation application (EEA4) will be refused.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Is your wife on maternity leave presently?

Does she have private health insurance?

ping26
Newly Registered

Post by ping26 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Is your wife on maternity leave presently?
No she is not, she was on a probation when she was pregnant,

Does she have private health insurance?
No she does not have have any private insurance. if we are about to travel, do we need to get one for all the family? (wife and son are EU nationals)

ping26
Newly Registered

Post by ping26 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Jambo wrote:Assuming you haven't changed your appearance as well, I believe it should be OK as it would clear you are the same person (or his twin brother).

Medical insurance for self sufficient is required to meet the EEA regulations, not just for RC application. If you don't have one to cover the self sufficient periods, your PR confirmation application (EEA4) will be refused.

Question about the "self sufficient periods" how one would know that we need an insurance when my wife stopped working? does this mean if I get one now my application for an EEA2 transfer to my new passport will/can be refused?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Since you wife is not on maternity leave and you do not have CSI, then your clock towards PR is likely reset. That is the major downside at this point.

You can travel with no problem. When you return to the UK you need to arrange CSI for everyone. And then you can reapply for a RC.

ping26
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by ping26 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks for your reply

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Be sure to travel with your marriage certificate. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ for more details

ping26
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by ping26 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Be sure to travel with your marriage certificate. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ for more details
thanks for that link,

I've applied for a Shengen Visa and I got 6 Months last July but this is on my old passport together with the UK residency sticker but now I'm just worried if they will refuse me entry to either EU or UK when back because of my old passport has two corners cut and still valid and in the mean time having a new passport with a different name on it.
what do you think?

Also, on the Old passport, my Consulate have added a mention:
Please Read Mr New Name and not Mr Old Name and this is stamped as well.
I think this might Help!!