ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) and passport stamps query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cy2012
Newly Registered

Set(O) and passport stamps query

Post by cy2012 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Hello guys, I'm going to apply for ILR based on 10 year long residence and trying to fill in the Set(O) form. However, when I was checking my passport for immigration history, I realised that there is no stamps for one of my trips to Europe in 2002. I remember that when we crossed the channel to France by ferry (coach first to the ferry), a lady checked on our passports but nobody stamped on them. When we came back to the UK, nobody stamped on my passport either (and I don't think we filled in any landing card). I have received my SAR report, but only the landing card when I first came to the UK was included. I'm thinking of not including this trip in the form, as I don't have any records of it and I can't remember when we left and came back (we just stayed in Europe for 2 or 3 days though) and I doubt that HO has any record of it. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:08 am

Hi

It shouldn't be problem if you haven't got the stamp. You dont get any stamps if you travel in the EU at any airports or seaports or if you're travelling EU by road.

I wouldn't advice you to hide any thing at all what so ever from the HO. To be honest with you to get an ILR via 10 years route is the most eaisiest way to get the ILR so just keep it simple and straight that's just the bit piece of advice.

Good luck for your ILR.

cy2012
Newly Registered

Post by cy2012 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:18 am

Thanks Smam. I'm not trying to hide anything, it's just that I can't remember when I left and came back to the UK and how many days I stayed in Europe. If I put it in the form, it might make my case complicated.