ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Netherlands visa not activated correctly

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ladybella67
Newly Registered

Netherlands visa not activated correctly

Post by Ladybella67 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:54 pm

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me....

I am Australian currently staying in London on a general visitors visa. I'm hoping for one answers as to what should be my next move ue to my accidental circumstances.

So here goes.....

I was issued a visa for the Netherlands in Australia in May. I arrived in Amsterdam mid June but couldn't register in time due to difficulties securing a registered address and running out of money after staying in hostels during the summer peak season.

My boyfriend is Italian and his father is living in London, so we came here to regroup. My boyfriend (being able to work in the UK) is supporting us but I will have to leave soon enough. Infact, I want to, but don't know if I can go back to the Netherlands.

Has anyone ever been in this position before?

6months will be up on January 1st so what can I do in that time?

I have the right to apply for British citizenship owing to my mother being born here. Can I apply for that even though there is a possibility that it could take longer than 4 months to be approved?
Any answers would be so greatly appreciated!

Thanks for readin and I hope I hear from you soon.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 am

What do you want to do?

1.Return to Australia- shoudnt be any problem, you are a citizen there
2.Visit Netherlands- Check the validity of your Schengen visa whether it is multiple entry, if valid you can go
3.You want to extend your visa in UK- if on visitor visa you will have to return to Australia and re-apply from there
4.Apply for British Citizenship? That is not so easy as it may seem, please read on the UKBA site -Can I register as a British citizen-, it will probably take longer than 4 months

All the best