ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please confirm eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

please confirm eligibility

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi All,
I know this has been asked many times and problem is all the time mixed answers. That is a person who has got months of visa left can use the new rule of 28 days or not.In my case I was isued 5 yrs work permit on 17 nov 2007. Entered uk 25 jan 2008.But changed to tier 1 visa until april 2013. So still can i apply end of oct 2012 is my doubt. Please clarify i do not want to loose money doing a wrong date on PEO. Guys who got visa in similar situation please share information. Will be helpful for lot of people.
Kind regard
Raj

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:58 am

Yes you can still apply before 28 days of the expiry of your current visa.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 am

uksettlement wrote:Yes you can still apply before 28 days of the expiry of your current visa.
So you mean I cant use the EC stamped date (17th Nov 2007) to calculate 4 yrs 11 months ? Current visa expires April 2013.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:13 am

Rajuk09 wrote:So you mean I cant use the EC stamped date (17th Nov 2007) to calculate 4 yrs 11 months ? Current visa expires April 2013.
What is 4 yrs 11 month about? It is strictly 28 days before you reach your qualifying years. Don't fall in the 4/11 trap because you could be days off if you miscalculate something unknowingly.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:21 am

Hi Raju

I can confirm you that you can apply for your ILR by the end of Oct 2012 taking the fact in to consideration that your EC date is with in 90 days from the issue of your visa so I am pretty sure that you can apply 28 days earlier than your 5th anniversary of your orignal Visa issue date.

Hopefully this will answer your question.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 am

Thank you smam. Just reading through the threads and official calculation document ..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Applications that fall short of the five year continuous periodIn some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but due to delayed travel will not have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months.

Confuses me as it sounds like calculation from EC date is ONLY done for people who don't get to 5 years bec they entered late(less than 90 days) ? Can we think on this basisi please ?

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:51 am

Hi

Mate I gave you a simple answer to the best of my knowledge what I've come accross from the UKBA website sorry I haven't got the exact link to back up my answer but I am pretty sure about it that if your EC date is with in 90 days of your visa issue date you'll be eligible to apply for your ILR on the basis of your WP or Tier 1 status 28 days before the 5th anniversary and I am damn sure that if you arrive with in 90 days of your visa issue date your 5 year time period starts counting from the date you got your visa stickered on your PP in your case is November 2007 so to the best of my knowledge once again I can reassure you that you'll be eligible to apply for your ILR 28 days before your 5th anniversary of your visa not before your EC date so I am dead sure that you can apply in October 2012 for your ILR.

Hope fully this will answer your question.

If you're still feeling any more confused just a simple answer try to ring UKBA or just email them and I am hoping only hoping that you'll get an answer to your querry which is very unlikely to me cause as the whole UK knows about the performance of UKBA is a complete shamble I just can't Thank to Almighty God that finally I am the lucky one in my 9 and a half years of period of stay in this country that Almighty God always saved from getting affected by any of the UKBA shambles and I haven't come accross any troubles so far till yet.

Good luck for your ILR.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:51 am

Hi

Mate I gave you a simple answer to the best of my knowledge what I've come accross from the UKBA website sorry I haven't got the exact link to back up my answer but I am pretty sure about it that if your EC date is with in 90 days of your visa issue date you'll be eligible to apply for your ILR on the basis of your WP or Tier 1 status 28 days before the 5th anniversary and I am damn sure that if you arrive with in 90 days of your visa issue date your 5 year time period starts counting from the date you got your visa stickered on your PP in your case is November 2007 so to the best of my knowledge once again I can reassure you that you'll be eligible to apply for your ILR 28 days before your 5th anniversary of your visa not before your EC date so I am dead sure that you can apply in October 2012 for your ILR.

If you're still feeling any more confused just a simple answer try to ring UKBA or just email them and I am hoping only hoping that you'll get an answer to your querry which is very unlikely to me cause as the whole UK knows about the performance of UKBA is a complete shamble I just can't Thank to Almighty God that finally I am the lucky one in my 9 and a half years of period of stay in this country that Almighty God always saved from getting affected by any of the UKBA shambles and I haven't come accross any troubles so far till yet.

Good luck for your ILR.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:52 am

Hi

Good luck for your ILR.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:59 am

Hi Smam, Thank you very much for taking time to reply and give your views.And I can see its like a Promise as you replied 3 Times ? :-) . Just to double confirm and might be able to avoid the same question coming again , Shall I check with UKBA as well ? if you hav any number and email id with you please share.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:28 am

Rajuk09 wrote:Hi Smam, Thank you very much for taking time to reply and give your views.And I can see its like a Promise as you replied 3 Times ? :-) . Just to double confirm and might be able to avoid the same question coming again , Shall I check with UKBA as well ? if you hav any number and email id with you please share.
Hi Mate

There you go and try your luck with UKBA contact details.

UK Border Agency

Address: Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY

Phone: 0870 606 7766

Email:UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Good luck for your ILR and good luck to you for your contact with UKBA as well.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Thank you very much mate.