ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psuch2
Brazil

Post by psuch2 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Congratulations all for theirs RC.
I hit the 5 month mark today. Haven't called or emailed the HO. Do you guys think I should?
No Matter How Long Winter Is, There's Always Spring Time Ahead

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:36 pm

psuch2 wrote:Congratulations all for theirs RC.
I hit the 5 month mark today. Haven't called or emailed the HO. Do you guys think I should?
I suggest not to call until you hit 6 months - unless you have a particular urgent reason for needing your passport back earlier than that. After 6 months it's fair game. You could probably email earlier than that, since it sounds like it's taking the HO a couple of weeks to respond to mails anyway.

atti
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

eea2

Post by atti » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:16 pm

hi

I have got COA today with no work right .apply as a father dependent with my 3 kids and husband. over stayed .

apply 28 may
COA today 23 august
RC waiting

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: Finally!

Post by zubby007 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:25 am

[quote="Samelamin"]Finally after a very long wait my RC has been issued, I got an email from the home office saying my RC was issued and will be dispatched today!

I attached a next day delivery envelope so here is hoping they use it :)

I have a flight in Mid September and thinking of applying for a shengen visa just to avoid the annoyances of proving that an EEA 2 RC is valid when travelling with sponsor :)

Anyway its been a very very long wait, I just have to wait a little bit longer to finally get this trauma behind us :)

All the best for everyone out there[/quote]

What a great news mate, after all the HO stress.

lamtoro
Newly Registered

the same here

Post by lamtoro » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:15 am

zubby007 wrote:
azdino7 wrote:Hi guys so far my timeline is
EEA sent 28 march
HO received 29 march
COA:02 may
RC : ???????????????????
i need my partner eea national passport back ..how i do that and how long its take ???
thnx

Call HO and ask for your EEA passport return, normally it takes up to 10 days.
what a stress mate,
here my timeline,
EEA2 sent 29 march
HO received 30 march
COA: 17 JULY
RC?????????
never called UBA for updates
:oops: :oops: :oops:

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: the same here

Post by zubby007 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:54 pm

[quote="lamtoro"][quote="zubby007"][quote="azdino7"]Hi guys so far my timeline is
EEA sent 28 march
HO received 29 march
COA:02 may
RC : ???????????????????
i need my partner eea national passport back ..how i do that and how long its take ???
thnx[/quote]

Call HO and ask for your EEA passport return, normally it takes up to 10 days.[/quote]

what a stress mate,
here my timeline,
EEA2 sent 29 march
HO received 30 march
COA: 17 JULY
RC?????????
never called UBA for updates
:oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote]

You will be fine mate.

benu
Newly Registered

Post by benu » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:55 am

Last edited by benu on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

avela-onke
Newly Registered

Post by avela-onke » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 am

Hi everyone,
I am an unmarried partner of an EU National (Slovakian) and have applied for my RC to be transferred to my new South African passport having previously held an RC on my old passport that was to expire on 26/04/2016.
Here is my timeline:
EEA2 application sent, 19/06/2012
Application received received by HO, 20/06/2012
E-mailed HO for return of my partners passport: 24/07/2012
Passport received, 31/07/2012
COA, ???
RC< ???
Last time I applied it took 3 months for my RC to be sent back so fingers crossed it is sent back as quickly this time as I have a family holiday booked for end of Octobe

jotter
Member of Standing

Re: Help guys please

Post by jotter » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 am

benu wrote:Hello everyone,
I am a March applicant.
My timeline is as follows:

EEA2 applied on 9th March 2012
COA received on 1st May (dated 24th April)
Requested my EEA partners ID back on 14th May
Received my EEA partners ID back on 18th May
RC refused on 22nd Aug
Refusal reasons: no enough evidence showing my EEA sponsor is exercising treaty rights as she is unemployed. I've sent them application on the basis of job seeker and to support that I've attached her job application letters, job centre plus letters showing that she has registered unemployed. But they say in refusal letter that for exercising treaty rights she must be employed atleast 1 year before getting unemployed. Furthermore at the time of decision, she was still unemployed for more than 6 months. So they refuse my case with a right to appeal. If not I have to leave UK.
I want to ask for your help guys, is there any way that I can prove that after submitting my application she started to work since March to prove that she is now exercising treaty rights after application was made? Will that work? If so, what should I do next? Please help guys!
Thank you!
Att: benu, could you kindly please start a new topic for this. This particular thread is being used to measure response times, rather than to discuss reasons for a refusal. Best of luck with it.

Yasf

Post by Yasf » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:56 pm

manikgupta007 wrote:
Yasf wrote:Hi there
still waiting for coa
EEA2 sent on 02 July 2012
Coa----------Time taken?
Any one tell me I need coa for job ?
Thanks for help

I got after 2 months
Any one know July sending. Still with for coa
8 week know

benu
Newly Registered

Re: Help guys please

Post by benu » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:35 am

jotter wrote:
benu wrote:Hello everyone,
I am a March applicant.
My timeline is as follows:

EEA2 applied on 9th March 2012
COA received on 1st May (dated 24th April)
Requested my EEA partners ID back on 14th May
Received my EEA partners ID back on 18th May
RC refused on 22nd Aug
Refusal reasons: no enough evidence showing my EEA sponsor is exercising treaty rights as she is unemployed. I've sent them application on the basis of job seeker and to support that I've attached her job application letters, job centre plus letters showing that she has registered unemployed. But they say in refusal letter that for exercising treaty rights she must be employed atleast 1 year before getting unemployed. Furthermore at the time of decision, she was still unemployed for more than 6 months. So they refuse my case with a right to appeal. If not I have to leave UK.
I want to ask for your help guys, is there any way that I can prove that after submitting my application she started to work since March to prove that she is now exercising treaty rights after application was made? Will that work? If so, what should I do next? Please help guys!
Thank you!
Att: benu, could you kindly please start a new topic for this. This particular thread is being used to measure response times, rather than to discuss reasons for a refusal. Best of luck with it.
Sorry about that,, had posted the same message in eea2 appeals discussion post.

avela-onke
Newly Registered

COA received

Post by avela-onke » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi everyone,
I am an unmarried partner of an EU National (Slovakian) and have applied for my RC to be transferred to my new South African passport having previously held an RC on my old passport that was to expire on 26/04/2016.
Here is my timeline:
COA received, 30/08/2012, dated 23/08/2012
RC< ???
Last time I applied it took 3 months for my RC to be sent back so fingers crossed it is sent back as quickly this time as I have a family holiday booked for end of October.

If any can help with my case. As mentioned above I only applied for transfer to my new passport as old one had expired but my COA states that they are unable to confirm my right to work in the UK even though I have previously held a valid RC which was to expire in 2016. Is it legal for UKBA to do this?

kingade

Re: COA received

Post by kingade » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:34 pm

avela-onke wrote:Hi everyone,
Here is my timeline:
COA received, 30/08/2012, dated 23/08/2012
RC< ???
Last time I applied it took 3 months for my RC to be sent back so fingers crossed it is sent back as quickly this time as I have a family holiday booked for end of October.

If any can help with my case. As mentioned above I only applied for transfer to my new passport as old one had expired but my COA states that they are unable to confirm my right to work in the UK even though I have previously held a valid RC which was to expire in 2016. Is it legal for UKBA to do this?
Hello I don't see the need for you to transfer your RC to your new SA passport all you need to do is simply bind the 2 passports together when you travel or for work, since your RC is still valid it can still be accepted for whatever purpose you need it .

avela-onke
Newly Registered

Post by avela-onke » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks for your reply and advise kingade.
The reason for me applying for a transfer is as a regular traveller across Europe (don't always travel with my fiancee) some countries give you hassle when you apply for a Schengen visa if its not on your valid passport and for some reason or another my embassy cut the corners of my passport and also put cancellation stamps on some of the pages. So just to avoid all the hassle I decided to re-apply.

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Re: EEA 2 Timeline

Post by manikgupta007 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:07 pm

efimmike wrote:
manikgupta007 wrote:
atenolol wrote:
manikgupta007 wrote:Hello Everyone!!! EEA 2 Timline
EEA 2 applied on 7/02/2012
Recieved by HO 9/02/2012
COA Recieved after 2 months 27/04/2012
Enforcement team came 25/07/2012 6am in the morning to investigate that we living together or not
RC -??????????? still wait

How long i need to wait for ???? is their anyone who applied at same time or same month who got RC
plzzz plzz update !!! :( :( :( :( :( :(
manikgupta007 what happened? An enforcement team came to your house? What did they say? What explanation did they give?

I got my visa
manikgupta007, congrats. if you don't mind what did the enforcement team asked? were u called for interview? thanks

nthng they came early morning and knocked evry single room , and asking to everyone for Id , they jst knocked my door , my wife opened the door , and they jst ask me and my wife ID thats it , and in the end , they felt guilty for disturbed us and said its only becz of sham marriages .... thats it and they gone

exclusivexx
Newly Registered

Post by exclusivexx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 pm

hello,

Documents EEA2 sent on 2nd of July,
COA ???? still awaiting

was calling them several times and was told that my application is in progress but no COA has been issued. Besides those was given a fax number to apply to a case worker but fax number is incorrect.
Anyone has a right fax number? :?

exclusivexx
Newly Registered

Re: EEA 2 Timeline

Post by exclusivexx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:52 pm

nthng they came early morning and knocked evry single room , and asking to everyone for Id , they jst knocked my door , my wife opened the door , and they jst ask me and my wife ID thats it , and in the end , they felt guilty for disturbed us and said its only becz of sham marriages .... thats it and they gone[/quote]

at least they are checking you, so it's not a bad news, soon u gonna get you RC :)

exclusivexx
Newly Registered

Post by exclusivexx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:55 pm

Yasf wrote:
manikgupta007 wrote:
still waiting for coa
EEA2 sent on 02 July 2012
Coa----------Time taken?
Any one tell me I need coa for job ?
Thanks for help

I got after 2 months
Any one know July sending. Still with for coa
8 week know
I have the same problem, was calling them lots of time, but still awaiting. They told me, that COA even haven't been send :(

exclusivexx
Newly Registered

Re: Coa time taken

Post by exclusivexx » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:16 am

Apply for eea2 / 2july
Coa.....time taken
Any idea
I have same case, application sent on the 2nd of July and still nothing :(

psuch2
Brazil

Post by psuch2 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Congratulation Everyone for their RC.
I got mine today in the post, and just in time as my employer was giving a hard time.
Just so you guys know, I never called asking for updates, only requested our passports back. Also my immigration history wasn't great, i was living here illegally when I got married.
Wish you all waiting the best of luck and plenty of patience.

avela-onke
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting for return of Travel documents

Post by avela-onke » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 am

orionite wrote:Applied: July 2nd 2012
Received: July 3rd 2012
COA: -
Passport return: -
RC: -

Complaint to Home Office: Aug, 13th ( I don't care about the decision! I just want our blimmin passports back!)
Hi there orionite, must have missed earlier posts but what did you complain about?

kaycee89
Newly Registered

EEA 2

Post by kaycee89 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi Guys - just got my RC - thank you so much to all of you for your help and support to get me through this.

I didn't e-mail or phone for the RC but did pester them for my COA which was sent to me after 3 months.

Trust in the Lord and I am sure all of you will have good news soon.

All the Best - my timeline

EEA2 Sent - 21/03
HO Received - 26/03
COA - June 2012
RC - Arrived 01/09 Dated 31/08

kingade

Re: EEA 2

Post by kingade » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Congratulations, hope to receive my RC soon. How was your RC delivered ? Did you include a next delivery envelope in your application ? Was it delivered in the morning or afternoon?
Thanks
kaycee89 wrote:Hi Guys - just got my RC - thank you so much to all of you for your help and support to get me through this.

I didn't e-mail or phone for the RC but did pester them for my COA which was sent to me after 3 months.

Trust in the Lord and I am sure all of you will have good news soon.

All the Best - my timeline

EEA2 Sent - 21/03
HO Received - 26/03
COA - June 2012
RC - Arrived 01/09 Dated 31/08

ranoya
Newly Registered

Post by ranoya » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 pm

psuch2 wrote:Congratulation Everyone for their RC.
I got mine today in the post, and just in time as my employer was giving a hard time.
Just so you guys know, I never called asking for updates, only requested our passports back. Also my immigration history wasn't great, i was living here illegally when I got married.
Congratulation for your RC,
I have applied at the same time as you 15/03/2012, and recieved CO in June, but no RC yet...
I have asked for our passports back and I have got them, what I need to know is that before they send you RC did they ask for your passports back? and did they ask for any extra documents?

I am trying to be patient but the wait is soooo difficult, especially that it'll be six months this september....

psuch2
Brazil

Post by psuch2 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 am

ranoya wrote:
psuch2 wrote:Congratulation Everyone for their RC.
Congratulation for your RC,
I have applied at the same time as you 15/03/2012, and received CO in June, but no RC yet...
I have asked for our passports back and I have got them, what I need to know is that before they send you RC did they ask for your passports back? and did they ask for any extra documents?

I am trying to be patient but the wait is soooo difficult, especially that it'll be six months this september....
Hi, Thanks.
No they didn't ask for my passport back or any extra documents. I got my RC on a A4 piece of paper, which you can fold, but i left it unfolded in a protective plastic envelope.
I know to well how frustrating it can be, but hang tight, as soon as the 6 month deadline is over get straight to the phone, and send plenty of emails.