ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Commission issue in my payslip for Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ldbright

Commission issue in my payslip for Tier 1

Post by ldbright » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 pm

My umbrella company used to list the most of my income as “basic and commission” on my payslip, and then plus holiday pay to get my gross pay. The format is as below:

Basic and commission: xxxx.xx
Holiday pay: xxxx.xx
----------------------------------------------
Gross pay: xxxx.xx

Annoyingly they have rearranged their payslip format recently and list my “basic salary” and “commission” separately; also, they use “Total payment” instead of “Gross pay”. The new format as below:

Basic salary: xxxx.xx
Commission: xxxx.xx
Holiday pay: xxxx.xx
----------------------------------------------
Total payment: xxxx.xx

Can anybody advice me that, in my new payslip, the commission amount can still be counted in to get my tier 1 (general) points? If not, my basic salary might not reach the line of tier 1 visa.

it sounds like a word game but I worry about it

barker

Post by barker » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:04 pm

You can still show the gross amount as is it is mentioned on your payslip and comes within the allowed forms of income. Since you are getting paid Holiday Pay I assume you are working PAYE so all amounts listed on your payslip cna be considered.