ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for EEA Family Permit in Spain.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Laura721 wrote:Thanks so much, we did complain to the European Commission but we haven't heard anything. I guess we won't be needing it anyway now.
Maybe you won't need it, but your experience may help some other poor soul not have the same problems you had getting an appointment. If you do get a response from them, please follow it up.

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 pm

I shall definitely follow up. What about NHS treatment? Is my husband elegible for this from day one as I am British? Can he register at a surgery with family permit/passport?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Laura721 wrote:I shall definitely follow up
Great!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Laura721 wrote:What about NHS treatment?
I've recent experience of this...

It can depend on the part of the UK you are in. Normally the family member of someone who qualifies for NHS treatment is also covered. So if you qualify so will your husband.

How long were you away from the UK?

One of the biggest obstacles we had was proving residence, ie address (tenancy agreement worked in the end).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 08, 2012 10:50 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 08, 2012 10:52 pm

What part of the UK you intend to live in can have an affect due to devolution.

For example

http://www.hris.org.uk/index.aspx?o=4061#anchor3

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 pm

I was away from the UK for nearly 2 years, but I have been to an nhs doctor within that time at my surgery when I went back for a few days and didnt have a problem. We will be in South London and will be living with my dad to start with, he has to register us as living there with the council so I am guessing they can provide something as evidence.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed May 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Laura721 wrote:I was away from the UK for nearly 2 years, but I have been to an nhs doctor within that time at my surgery when I went back for a few days and didnt have a problem. We will be in South London and will be living with my dad to start with, he has to register us as living there with the council so I am guessing they can provide something as evidence.
The doctor may not have known that you were away and you may be still registered.

A council tax demand would be good evidence of residence.

crii
Newly Registered

EEA FP applied in spain

Post by crii » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi guys am new to this forum and i am finding it quite informative as it answered most of the questions related our application,which we made at madrid on 20july,and my hubby contacted after 15days passed and this is what they said which seems to me a bit unacceptable,

Madrid visa section
Thankyou for your email through worldbridge regarding yoir case.
Unfortunately,we are still processing your husband application.
We aim to process 90% applications within 15 working days.and some cases do take longer to process than that time-frame.

Please let us know if you need your passport back as we can send that to you if necessary.

We are unable to to give you a date for the finalization of your application.we are working to finish processing just as soon as we can.
Regards,
I dono if its an automated message or someone has really wrote this all.
Can someone advise me what to do next please.

Thanks for reading

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA FP applied in spain

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 pm

crii wrote:Hi guys am new to this forum and i am finding it quite informative as it answered most of the questions related our application,which we made at madrid on 20july,and my hubby contacted after 15days passed and this is what they said which seems to me a bit unacceptable,

Madrid visa section
Thankyou for your email through worldbridge regarding yoir case.
Unfortunately,we are still processing your husband application.
We aim to process 90% applications within 15 working days.and some cases do take longer to process than that time-frame.

Please let us know if you need your passport back as we can send that to you if necessary.

We are unable to to give you a date for the finalization of your application.we are working to finish processing just as soon as we can.
Regards,
I dono if its an automated message or someone has really wrote this all.
Can someone advise me what to do next please.

Thanks for reading
Most of these messages are automated or at least people get the same message.

It is interesting that they suggest that the passport can be returned. Normally, return of a passport (for visa applications) is considered to be a withdrawal of the application itself.

As to what to do next, keep at them. Point out "as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure".

crii
Newly Registered

eea to applied in Spain

Post by crii » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Sorry eusmile I dint understand,what you mean by it is interesting that they suggest me that they can return my passport if necessary,is there sumin to worry about?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: eea to applied in Spain

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:12 am

crii wrote:Sorry eusmile I dint understand,what you mean by it is interesting that they suggest me that they can return my passport if necessary,is there sumin to worry about?
No - nothing to worry about, but normally, when people ask "does my passport have to be retained (when applying for visa)", they are told "you can have your passport back, but your application will be considered withdrawn".

crii
Newly Registered

eea fp applied in spain

Post by crii » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:34 am

Hi,
Eusmile I contacted them on Thursday and not heard anything till today,now what?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: eea fp applied in spain

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm

crii wrote:Hi,
Eusmile I contacted them on Thursday and not heard anything till today,now what?
Clearly, I don't know if there is something special about your case (please do not think that there is just because I mention that) or if they are just busy (maybe holiday season).

If this is causing you genuine hardship, keep at them. Remember, as soon as possible, on the basis of an accelerated procedure...(read article 5 of dir 2004/38/EC).

jrge

Re: eea fp applied in spain

Post by jrge » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:06 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
crii wrote:Hi,
Clearly, I don't know if there is something special about your case (please do not think that there is just because I mention that) or if they are just busy (maybe holiday season).

If this is causing you genuine hardship, keep at them. Remember, as soon as possible, on the basis of an accelerated procedure...(read article 5 of dir 2004/38/EC).
Hi,

Something isn't quite right with this application, as my friend's application -in Madrid- took a little over two weeks to be processed.

Regards.
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

crii
Newly Registered

eea fp applied in spain

Post by crii » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:21 am

Hi,
If something isnt right then they shud just send the passport bk along with docs,I dono wot they doing its 30 days now,and we have been told at Madrid to contact us if you dont hear anything 15days and we email em they get bk to us not,it's just so annoying.

crii
Newly Registered

eea fp applied in spain

Post by crii » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:23 am

Hi,
If something isnt right then they shud just send the passport bk along with docs,I dono wot they doing its 30 days now,and we have been told at Madrid to contact us if you dont hear anything after 15days,now we emailed em twice they do not reply,so pathetic

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 pm

PM me if you want the email I wrote to the Madrid consulate at, they always replied and actually told us the decision by email after we complained about the time it was taking. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with your application - ours took longer than 15 working days and the family permit was issued. But this email address (consulate, direct email and not worldbridge) I have is very effective, I was impressed so do PM me if you would like it.

crii
Newly Registered

eea fp applied in spain

Post by crii » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 pm

thankyou very much Laura [/u]

crii
Newly Registered

eea fp applied in spain

Post by crii » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:50 pm

thankyou very much Laura [/u]

crii
Newly Registered

eea fp applied in Spain

Post by crii » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:38 pm

Hey laura,guess what they replied saying this,we are currently waiting for the results of obligatory checks on ur husband's visa application for the UK.we hope to be able to take a,decision on this,application early next week.

Is that a good news for us?
Same thing they said to you whichyou have posted previously if u remember laura?

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:27 pm

I'll send you a message this weekend, that you can send them early Monday morning. And with that the results of the obligatory checks will most likely miraculously have been received!

crii
Newly Registered

Eea fp applied in spain

Post by crii » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks for the reply laura,i think obligatory checks shud be send to uk only when the eco is sure about giving visa and to confirm with ukba in uk it is mandatory, but i have been told that my application is in process they are gona take decision on it asap, y dint they say to me in the previous email,its all just confusing can anybody explain how all this process has to go through,i am so anxcious to know the decision.
Thanks

crii
Newly Registered

Eea fp

Post by crii » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi guys thanks to you all and specially laura thanks dear my husband's passport with eea fp stamped on it am so happy,

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Just at bit of info for those planning to apply through Madrid - it appears it will be closed after the current financial year and the work transfered to Croydon, UK

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... -FINAL.pdf

see section 3.24