ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to contact UKBA to query about application status PLEASE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

secsmed
Newly Registered

How to contact UKBA to query about application status PLEASE

Post by secsmed » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Can anyone tell me please, what is the telephone number or email address of UKBA that one can use to contact them?
I applied for Tier 1 extension late in May with 1 dependant (my wife); more than 3 months has passed now but there is no news. My application was simple employed one (we are academics) and we did bio near the end of June. My wife already lost about £800 conf fee as she cant make it no more. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Thanks

sals82
Newly Registered

Ukba

Post by sals82 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:44 pm

Their number is on the website under contact us 0870... U will basically be asked to wait and no one will give you status.
There is no email address. At the most you can write to them at the sheffield address that was mentioned on the biometric letter.
At the moment ukba is processing applications where bio was done on or before 21 June. So you will have to wait till they reach the date you gave your bio.
It is frustrating and hundreds of people are losing money, cancelling holidays, postponing important travels plans, all because if UKBA!

secsmed
Newly Registered

Post by secsmed » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:47 pm

I know about that, but there are people who did their bio after 21th of june and already got their application results (http://www-dot-trackitt-dot-com/uk-immi ... -extension).
what is bothering is that in such a democratic/advanced country there are not much rights for immigrants. we can't even get info regarding our applications. how difficult could it be to have an online system with available updates, (never mind having walk-in centres like IND in Netherland)?

sals82
Newly Registered

Post by sals82 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:42 pm

People who have got their approval letters and had their bio after 21 June are those who have written to ukba to expedite their cases with valid n serious enough reasons (with proofs) - through post and/ or fax.

Unfortunately we pay exorbitant fee for such pathetic service where there us no system or process to know the status of one's application until it is 6 months old!