ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa delay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamadauk123

Settlement visa delay

Post by hamadauk123 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi my wife applied for settlement visa from Algeria has been 3 months so far ! I know some people applied in same day or after they got their decision all ready ! I contacted worldbridge they said nothing to do with them same as embassy ! Also I contacted ukba lady she said they have no idea for time scale? How did she get job in there with out giving me any help! It's there any body out there I can contact ? My wife she's tired sick for waiting and living stress life for been apart from each other . Thanks for your help

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:49 pm

If you contacted the UKBA helpline in the UK, they would not have any information about applications made outside the UK (even though the EC hub for Algeria is inside the UK). Just because one person's application in Algeria is approved in a certain time does not mean anther person applying for the same category in Albania will be approved in a similar time. Each application is unique to the applicant and their situation. Has your wife been in the UK previously and was there any issues with her immigration history?

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks for reply no she never been any where out side the country . I know about 3 people applied same day and after in Algeria they get decision all ready was less then 12 week mine it's 3 months ! It's not fair my application it's straight forward I supplied all nessesry document .

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:10 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:It's not fair my application it's straight forward I supplied all nessesry document .
If you say so but all that means is they still must have a need to make further enquiries into some aspect of your straightforward application that has all the necessary documents.

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
hamadauk123 wrote:It's not fair my application it's straight forward I supplied all nessesry document .
If you say so but all that means is they still must have a need to make further enquiries into some aspect of your straightforward application that has all the necessary documents.
Thanks mate so what's the maximum time to wait b4 I make complain? Thanks for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:31 pm

You can complain now but on the basis that there are no absolute deadlines in which they must make a decision. There are performance targets in place whereby they aim to make a decision on 95% of applications within 3 months and the remainder within 6 months. If you are one of the unlucky people who fall into the 5% of applications that go beyond this target, then that's unfortunate.

We have service standards for processing UK visa applications. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;
and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You can complain now but on the basis that there are no absolute deadlines in which they must make a decision. There are performance targets in place whereby they aim to make a decision on 95% of applications within 3 months and the remainder within 6 months. If you are one of the unlucky people who fall into the 5% of applications that go beyond this target, then that's unfortunate.

We have service standards for processing UK visa applications. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;
and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.
Thanks my wife she will get heart attack if I tell her this bad news ! But otherwise can take 3 months and few days? Or 4 months perhaps?

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:22 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:But otherwise can take 3 months and few days? Or 4 months perhaps?
24 weeks = 5 and a half months. This means it can take anywhere up to 6 months. They try to do it for three months, but there is no guarantee it will be done in that time. My wife applied from Bangladesh, and I don't know how similar the processing times are to Algeria, but it took just under 21 weeks to receive the visa.

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:44 pm

ruuh wrote:
hamadauk123 wrote:But otherwise can take 3 months and few days? Or 4 months perhaps?
24 weeks = 5 and a half months. This means it can take anywhere up to 6 months. They try to do it for three months, but there is no guarantee it will be done in that time. My wife applied from Bangladesh, and I don't know how similar the processing times are to Algeria, but it took just under 21 weeks to receive the visa.
Well thanks for reply I hope I can hear the news soon enough that was unlucky I'm amongs the 5% people whom didn't get response during the first 12 weeks since I submit the application !.

garry10

SETTELMENT VISA

Post by garry10 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 am

Hi ;I am new to this forum I am Algerian my wife is English she is living here with my in Algeria for 17 months we have been married for 12 months we have known each other since 2010 we submitted our application on 27 OF June 2012 its been now 42 working days
my question is why it takes so very long?
does any body know the procedure ?
what is the success rate in Algeria ?

Thanks hope someone can help us
Application submited:27-06-2012
Arrived at visa section:28-06-2012
email recived from ukba decision made 10/10/2012
visa stamped 10/10/2012
visa collected VISA APROVED ALHAMDOLLILAH 11/10/2012

hamadauk123

Re: SETTELMENT VISA

Post by hamadauk123 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:37 pm

garry10 wrote:Hi ;I am new to this forum I am Algerian my wife is English she is living here with my in Algeria for 17 months we have been married for 12 months we have known each other since 2010 we submitted our application on 27 OF June 2012 its been now 42 working days
my question is why it takes so very long?
does any body know the procedure ?
what is the success rate in Algeria ?

Thanks hope someone can help us
Hi Farid be patient I'm been waiting for more than 3 months now look at this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ableAnchor

garry10

Post by garry10 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:55 pm

thanks for your replay
visa stamped 10/10/2012

garry10

Post by garry10 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:38 pm

let us know when yr wife got a visa
thamks
visa stamped 10/10/2012

krip
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement visa delay

Post by krip » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:09 am

hamadauk123 wrote:Hi my wife applied for settlement visa from Algeria has been 3 months so far ! I know some people applied in same day or after they got their decision all ready ! I contacted worldbridge they said nothing to do with them same as embassy ! Also I contacted ukba lady she said they have no idea for time scale? How did she get job in there with out giving me any help! It's there any body out there I can contact ? My wife she's tired sick for waiting and living stress life for been apart from each other . Thanks for your help
Hi I have been going through this Settlement visa HELL,since september 2011, Im sorry to tell you that it is, a long painful process, and much patience is needed, I full understand your anxiety. My husband is Algerian he returned voluntary in April 2011, i was pregnant at the time, and his visa was refused, we appealed, won appeal on May 3rd recieved notification of appeal win on 23rd May,waited a further 3months, for call from embassy 9th aug to collect Visa from Visa section in Algiers on 15th aug, only to be told that thay had printed my husbands old passport details on Visa, he was advised to leave his Passport with them and they would call, we have heard nothing since, and I am finding it impossible to get any answer when calling British embassy in Algiers!! :x :( so frustrating, they don't care the fact we have 2 children the baby is 1yrs on sat and only seen her daddy 3 times :cry:

hamadauk123

Re: Settlement visa delay

Post by hamadauk123 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:27 pm

krip wrote:
hamadauk123 wrote:Hi my wife applied for settlement visa from Algeria has been 3 months so far ! I know some people applied in same day or after they got their decision all ready ! I contacted worldbridge they said nothing to do with them same as embassy ! Also I contacted ukba lady she said they have no idea for time scale? How did she get job in there with out giving me any help! It's there any body out there I can contact ? My wife she's tired sick for waiting and living stress life for been apart from each other . Thanks for your help
Hi I have been going through this Settlement visa HELL,since september 2011, Im sorry to tell you that it is, a long painful process, and much patience is needed, I full understand your anxiety. My husband is Algerian he returned voluntary in April 2011, i was pregnant at the time, and his visa was refused, we appealed, won appeal on May 3rd recieved notification of appeal win on 23rd May,waited a further 3months, for call from embassy 9th aug to collect Visa from Visa section in Algiers on 15th aug, only to be told that thay had printed my husbands old passport details on Visa, he was advised to leave his Passport with them and they would call, we have heard nothing since, and I am finding it impossible to get any answer when calling British embassy in Algiers!! :x :( so frustrating, they don't care the fact we have 2 children the baby is 1yrs on sat and only seen her daddy 3 times :cry:
Yes I can see how careless they are but my situation it's different I get married in Algeria and I have no kids the only things that I was married b4 here in England . But i can only suggest ask your husband to make direct approach to the embassy and speak to them . My luck was with those 5 % their application will be decided within 6 months I have just to wait and live with anxiety . Good luck

krip
Newly Registered

Post by krip » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:37 pm

we also married in ALgeria, my husband applied for his settlement Visa in Algeirs. He has been to the British embassy many times regarding his visa, just told to wait. I have got my local MP involved now, who is also the immigration minister, so inshallah, he will be able to help. I am sure you will here soon, applying for settlement visa is a good test of patents, if nothing else.
:?

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:01 pm

krip wrote:we also married in ALgeria, my husband applied for his settlement Visa in Algeirs. He has been to the British embassy many times regarding his visa, just told to wait. I have got my local MP involved now, who is also the immigration minister, so inshallah, he will be able to help. I am sure you will here soon, applying for settlement visa is a good test of patents, if nothing else.
Thanks krip I hope you reunited with your husband soon but I recon as he got immigration history before that's maybe the case for delay. Good luck

krip
Newly Registered

Post by krip » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:
krip wrote:we also married in ALgeria, my husband applied for his settlement Visa in Algeirs. He has been to the British embassy many times regarding his visa, just told to wait. I have got my local MP involved now, who is also the immigration minister, so inshallah, he will be able to help. I am sure you will here soon, applying for settlement visa is a good test of patents, if nothing else.
Thanks krip I hope you reunited with your husband soon but I recon as he got immigration history before that's maybe the case for delay. Good luck
Inshallah i hope so. The time scale is normal for appeal. we won in a tribunal, and we won on both grounds of appeal. His case is closed and finalised, its just admin error. We paid a fortune for excellent legal team, who won our case. The appeal process always takes this amount of time, because you have to wait 6 months before your hearing date, then 28 days for decsion, then up to 3 months for call to get your Visa. Its all their time scales tht make it such a long period. As anyone would know, who have had to experience drawn out appeal process. Anyway its all worth it in theend, Inshallah. have you read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18448733

krip
Newly Registered

Post by krip » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:26 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:
Inshallah i hope so. The time scale is normal for appeal. we won in a tribunal, and we won on both grounds of appeal. His case is closed and finalised, its just admin error. We paid a fortune for excellent legal team, who won our case. The appeal process always takes this amount of time, because you have to wait 6 months before your hearing date, then 28 days for decsion, then up to 3 months for call to get your Visa. Its all their time scales tht make it such a long period. As anyone would know, who have had to experience drawn out appeal process. Anyway its all worth it in theend, Inshallah. have you read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18448733

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 am

krip wrote:
hamadauk123 wrote:
Yes I heard if that I hope not the from whom his application been rejected unfairly! .But that was few months go I guess the learned lesson and acting fairly same with all applicants .

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:57 am

Lucapooka wrote:You can complain now but on the basis that there are no absolute deadlines in which they must make a decision. There are performance targets in place whereby they aim to make a decision on 95% of applications within 3 months and the remainder within 6 months. If you are one of the unlucky people who fall into the 5% of applications that go beyond this target, then that's unfortunate.

Hi lukapooka my wife she got call from embassy Thursday asking her things about me! Like how long you know him where did you met how often you spoke in phone with you . Some info we put in application basically . So what's that suppose to mean? Thanks
Application submited:24-05-2012
Arrived at visa section:25-05-2012
email recived from ukba decision made on 17/09/12
visa stamped 18/09/12
visa collected 20/09/12

garry10

Post by garry10 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:11 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:

Hi lukapooka my wife she got call from embassy Thursday asking her things about me! Like how long you know him where did you met how often you spoke in phone with you . Some info we put in application basically . So what's that suppose to mean? Thanks
I THINK THEY ARE CHECKING ON THE RELATIONSHIP BE READY TO GET AN ANSWER SOON
GOODLUCK
visa stamped 10/10/2012

garry10

Post by garry10 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:04 pm

garry10 wrote:
hamadauk123 wrote:

I THINK THEY ARE CHECKING ON THE RELATIONSHIP BE READY TO GET AN ANSWER SOON
GOODLUCK
dont forget to let me know if your wife get the visa
thanks
visa stamped 10/10/2012

garry10

Post by garry10 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:28 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:

hello I hope your wife get the visa. we are still waiting we hate been waiting INSHALLAH all we get it soon and we start our life like normal people AMINE
visa stamped 10/10/2012

garry10

Post by garry10 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:53 pm

garry10 wrote:
hamadauk123 wrote:

hello I hope your wife get the visa. we are still waiting we hate been waiting INSHALLAH all we get it soon and we start our life like normal people AMINE
54 DAYS AND WE ARE STILL WAITING . IS ANYBODY GET THE VISA FROM ALGERIA????????
visa stamped 10/10/2012