ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saudrehman
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 Visa

Post by saudrehman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi,
I am currently on Tier PSW visa which expires in feb 2012.
I have worked with my current employer for 1 year.
They have given me a certificate of sponsorship for Tier 2 visa.

I wanted to know what all documents do I need to submit becuase the UKBA guidance is extremly confusing.

The things i know i need are
1)Certificate of Sponsorship.
2)90 days bank satement with 900 pounds.
3)Passport+BRP+Photos

For english proof Is MSc degree enough?
And for salary slips do I need to send 12 months salary slips?

I would be grateful if you guys can answer my queries and tell me if I need anything else.

Thanks for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:29 pm

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 Visa

Post by makky86 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:41 am

saudrehman wrote:Hi,
I am currently on Tier PSW visa which expires in feb 2012.
I have worked with my current employer for 1 year.
They have given me a certificate of sponsorship for Tier 2 visa.

I wanted to know what all documents do I need to submit becuase the UKBA guidance is extremly confusing.

The things i know i need are
1)Certificate of Sponsorship. [Make sure the salary is correct and matches with SOC code added by your employer . Make sure the salary specified is for 37.5 Hours / WEEK ]
2)90 days bank satement with 900 pounds. [You don't need to prove maintenance since you already are on work permit ]
3)Passport+BRP+Photos [This is mandatory.]

For english proof Is MSc degree enough? [You don't need to prove English since you are on PSW]
And for salary slips do I need to send 12 months salary slips? [You don't need any Pay Slips since now you even don't need to prove that you have worked for 6 months]

I would be grateful if you guys can answer my queries and tell me if I need anything else.

Thanks for your help.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi SaudRehman

I agreed with MuhdKhokhar answer,

Check Salary matches with the correct SOC code added by employer and that salary should be based on 37.5 hours per week.

Maintenance u just need to show £900 in ur bank account and should be there for 28 consecutive days only as per my knowledge and understanding, Plus if you have any dependants check the maintenance requirement for that too.

Passport/ Visas/ Photos all mandatory documents.

you have completed degree from one of the UK recognised unviersity so u fulfill the requirement for english too but i dont think u need to send the degree papers with you application because without degree you cant get PSW visa :)

As your salary is mention on your COS so you dont need to send 12 months wages slips as this is not required by Home Office since they changed the rules from 14 June 2012.

before 14 June 2012 it was one of the requirements that you have to be working for same employer for 6 months atleast.

I hope it help so gud luck wit you application.

Regards

Rehan

saudrehman
Newly Registered

Post by saudrehman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks for the informative replies.
It really clarified matters.

Two questions though. I have gone ahead and applied online.
For proof of working I had to select payslips for the entire period of working.In the cover sheet as well they say they need payslips for entire period of working.So I am confused do I need to put payslips or not?

Do I need to send copy of Certificate of Sponsorship as a reference?

saudrehman
Newly Registered

Post by saudrehman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks for the informative replies.
It really clarified matters.

Two questions though. I have gone ahead and applied online.
For proof of working I had to select payslips for the entire period of working.In the cover sheet as well they say they need payslips for entire period of working.So I am confused do I need to put payslips or not?

Do I need to send copy of Certificate of Sponsorship as a reference?

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:44 pm

saudrehman wrote: For proof of working I had to select payslips for the entire period of working.In the cover sheet as well they say they need payslips for entire period of working.So I am confused do I need to put payslips or not?
I am submitting my application tomorrow for Tier2 (general). And no where in the application form have they asked for the payslips!!