ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Salary low - 96 Pounds a Week but husband has savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humanist3
Newly Registered

Wife Salary low - 96 Pounds a Week but husband has savings

Post by humanist3 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:28 am

Hi there,

1-My wife works for a low salary as a part time worker earning 52 Pounds a week on her P60.

2- Is it impossible for me to be granted a spouse visa? I have savings around 35k Pounds , will that make a difference and can I use them to demonstrate that I can live for 2 years with no need for her support?

3- Will it makes a difference if I can get a job offer from a company in the UK ?

Thank you for your help

Bashir

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:38 am

You will need savings of 55740 to make good the shortfall.

Job offers are only with regard to sponsors rather than applicants:

j. Where the sponsor has been working overseas and is returning to work in the UK, there will be scope for them to count a firm, verifiable job offer or signed contract of employment to start work within three months of their return at a salary at the level required to meet the financial requirement. They must also demonstrate that either they are in employment overseas at the required salary level at the point of application and have been so continuously for at least the previous six months orthey have earned the required amount through salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application.

humanist3
Newly Registered

Post by humanist3 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks Lucapooka for the quick response.

Will a job offer makes a difference somehow with respect to reducing the gap in the shortfall? Say if I am being offered a job for 25k a year.

Will the company making the offer have to comply with all of the requirement for sponsoring a foreign worker or can that be waved as I am being sponsored by my wife?

Thank you

Bashir

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:50 am

Only the sponsor returning from living overseas can rely on a job offer as set out in the paragraph quoted by Lucapooka, an applicant cannot.

humanist3
Newly Registered

Post by humanist3 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:00 am

Thanks Greenie and Lucapooka.

I know that the funds need to be in my accounts for 6 months prior to the application. Is there any other major condition to check before I apply.

Thanks again for your help

Bashir