ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using fixed deposits as evidence of maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tungha2106
Newly Registered

Post by tungha2106 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:44 am

Andrey Simonov wrote:HSBC's Fixed Rate Saver Bond (UK) worked for me.

I have produced a special letter telling that funds are available at any time, but most likely UKBA knows that those accounts are liquidatable, and a special letter is not required. Just a letter confirming it's your account should be ok.
Hi Andrey,

Gr8. I am also in the same boat. I have to apply for my tier1 extension in April 2013. I have couple of HSBC Fixed Rate Saver Bond (UK) account. I was not sure if I can use them for my maintainance fund. Thanks for confirming that this is acceptable form of evidence for manintainance fund.

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Hello Friends,

I have FDs in ICICI bank. Do I need to attach FD certificates along? Or just a letter from the bank in the format given here in this thread good enough.

Many Thanks for your reply.

Regards.

asifbunny
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa help

Post by asifbunny » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:37 am

Dear Members

My wife have Tier 1 general visa and she has recently got her extension .She have 3 dependents and all of us got extension same time.
the 4th dependent is our son who is minor (17 years old) is outside UK.Now she want to apply Tier 1 Dependent visa for him .
My question is how much maintenance ...does she need to show maintenance for for only one dependent who is outside uk ...just note she has been in UK more than one year.
does she need to show only £600 for single dependent??
or she need to show (£900+£600+£600+£600 (herself and 3 dependent already in uk with valid leave)+£600(dependent who intend to apply now)=£3300

please advise me i tried to find out but all the guidance explain if the main applicant and dependent applying at same time.