ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 ISSUE FOR ILR FOR WORK PERMIT HOLDER

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MARCH

P60 ISSUE FOR ILR FOR WORK PERMIT HOLDER

Post by MARCH » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Hello,

I would really appreciate if anyone helps me out on the query I explained below.

I am due to apply for the indefinite leave to remain soon under the work permit (old) category. I am in the process of collecting the supporting documents for it. I am about to complete a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the UK with no change of employment through out my work visa. I am the only applicant for ILR as I don’t have any dependant.

Only issue I have with P60 which I don’t want to submit because of the following reason.

My salary over the last four and half years has been below what was issued on my work permit and specified in the SOC code. However going forward my employer is ready to increase my salary which equates to the salary specified in the SOC code which will be above the salary specified in the work permit. However it is quite obvious that this isn't clearly reflected on previous P60's. Would it be ok if I don’t submit any P60 as it is not mention anywhere in the guidelines of the SET (O) form for the work permit holders?

I will be submitting following documents. Kindly let me know if anything missing from below list.

1. Most recent pay slips (at least last three months)
2. A letter from employer stating that I am paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the Codes of Practice and confirming that I have been employed and still employed and will be needed.
3. Bank statements (at least last three months) showing my salary is draw
4. Life in the UK test
5. Work permit letter issued by Home Office
6. Address proof ie Bank statement, driving license, utility bills, agent or landlord letter certifying my accommodation.
7. Identity proof- Pass port and driving license.
8. Biometric evidence
9. SET (O) Form
10. Photographes

What if my application is refused based on income (P60) criteria? Can I eligible for appeal?

Regards,
March.

Smam

Re: P60 ISSUE FOR ILR FOR WORK PERMIT HOLDER

Post by Smam » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:07 pm

MARCH wrote:Hello,

I would really appreciate if anyone helps me out on the query I explained below.

I am due to apply for the indefinite leave to remain soon under the work permit (old) category. I am in the process of collecting the supporting documents for it. I am about to complete a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the UK with no change of employment through out my work visa. I am the only applicant for ILR as I don’t have any dependant.

Only issue I have with P60 which I don’t want to submit because of the following reason.

My salary over the last four and half years has been below what was issued on my work permit and specified in the SOC code. However going forward my employer is ready to increase my salary which equates to the salary specified in the SOC code which will be above the salary specified in the work permit. However it is quite obvious that this isn't clearly reflected on previous P60's. Would it be ok if I don’t submit any P60 as it is not mention anywhere in the guidelines of the SET (O) form for the work permit holders?

I will be submitting following documents. Kindly let me know if anything missing from below list.

2. A letter from employer stating that I am paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the Codes of Practice and confirming that I have been employed and still employed and will be needed.
4. Life in the UK test
6. Address proof ie Bank statement, driving license, utility bills, agent or landlord letter certifying my accommodation.
8. Biometric evidence
9. SET (O) Form
10. Photographes

What if my application is refused based on income (P60) criteria? Can I eligible for appeal?

Regards,
March.
Hi

First of all it doesn't really matter at all at what rate you were getting paid in your past years if you're a WP holder I was exactly in the same boat as yours but Thanks to Almighty God I recently got my ILR you can read my post if you like. They're only concern with your last 3 months payslips and from those payslips they'll calculate your SOC code figure so if you're getting paid higher than your SOC code or even at the level of your SOC code salary in your last 3 months then you should be fine nothing to worry about.

I would highly recommend you to keep your P60's along with you at the time of your PEO appointment as it'll not going to affect you at all what so ever and Thank to God I can tell you this from 100% surity as I've recently gone through the same experience.

Right for your documents checklist I would really like to advice you to refrain from keeping any documents which is not required for your application for eg utility bills and other rubbish documents like that rest of your documents checklist looks fine to me.

One biggest thing mate just control on your fear and on your nerves that's the most important thing life never ends at ILR.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Hopefully I've tried to answer your questions.

Good luck for your ILR.

brian78

hi

Post by brian78 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:35 pm

hi there

thanks for the advice. i am due to apply in mid october. your reply has been very informative.
from what you have written, does it mean that even if they see less money on the P60, they will not question the fact that the salary is below the SOC?
for my documents, i am planning to give only 3 months payslips and bank statement, liUK test and employer letter. you think that should be enough?
please advise
thanks a lot in advance

Smam

Re: hi

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:08 am

brian78 wrote:hi there

thanks for the advice. i am due to apply in mid october. your reply has been very informative.
from what you have written, does it mean that even if they see less money on the P60, they will not question the fact that the salary is below the SOC?
for my documents, i am planning to give only 3 months payslips and bank statement, liUK test and employer letter. you think that should be enough?
please advise
thanks a lot in advance
Hi

Read my experience that's what I've come accross in my experience thst they dont really care about the past earnings for WP or Tier 2 holder applicants who are applying for their ILR.

If you read the SOC code information from the UKBA website you wont find this requirement that you have to prove your SOC code from your past earnings that's what I've come accross to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks to Almighty God I got my ILR and the CW just asked me my last 3 months payslips and last 3 months bank statements and she took her Calculator out from her office drawer and she calculated my SOC code from my last 3 payslips she never ever asked for any P60's at all from me what so ever.

Hope fully this will answer your question.

Good luck for your ILR.

MARCH

Re: P60 ISSUE FOR ILR FOR WORK PERMIT HOLDER

Post by MARCH » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Hello,

Many thanks for helpful advice and boosting my confidence.

This is really appriciated.

Kind Regards,
March.

4. Life in the UK test
8. Biometric evidence
9. SET (O) Form
10. Photographes

Regards,
March.[/quote]

Hi

First of all it doesn't really matter at all at what rate you were getting paid in your past years if you're a WP holder I was exactly in the same boat as yours but Thanks to Almighty God I recently got my ILR you can read my post if you like. They're only concern with your last 3 months payslips and from those payslips they'll calculate your SOC code figure so if you're getting paid higher than your SOC code or even at the level of your SOC code salary in your last 3 months then you should be fine nothing to worry about.

I would highly recommend you to keep your P60's along with you at the time of your PEO appointment as it'll not going to affect you at all what so ever and Thank to God I can tell you this from 100% surity as I've recently gone through the same experience.

Right for your documents checklist I would really like to advice you to refrain from keeping any documents which is not required for your application for eg utility bills and other rubbish documents like that rest of your documents checklist looks fine to me.

One biggest thing mate just control on your fear and on your nerves that's the most important thing life never ends at ILR.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Hopefully I've tried to answer your questions.

Good luck for your ILR.[/quote]