ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the time frame for reconsideration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tdoubleoni14

What is the time frame for reconsideration

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi, I was refused ILR last year but had right to appeal. On the morning of the appeal last week, the clerk/ receptionist informed my wife and I that the UKBA had withdrawn their decision and would be reconsidering, so the appeal won't go ahead. As there was no representative, they didnt have my contact number which I found odd.

When we got home, a letter was waiting confirming what we were told.

I just want to know how long it would take for the CW to reconsider bearing in mind it didn't get through the courts. I am hoping it would be out this week so we can move on with our lives..it's been 9months since our application.

Any idea anyone?

sarah a
Newly Registered

indefinite leave to remain

Post by sarah a » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:00 pm

reconsideration could be anytime ranging from days to couple of months. sometimes even years. But since they withdrew the case one will expect they will answer in time but this is UKBA we are talking abt

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Sarah a, I really pray that it's just a matter of days, rather than weeks or months, as this has been an utter and complete nightmare...our lives have been on hold for the past 9 months so expecting good news this week

sarah a
Newly Registered

indefinite leave to remain

Post by sarah a » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 pm

i do know what you are feeling right now as am in it myself. It just takes your whole life and makes you feel drained. May the lord see you thru. However if they do not reply in the next six months maybe lodge a complain officially and then they must respond within 2wks of sending a complain. I did that and they responded and sent my reply within 2wks when have been waiting for 8mths. However the reply was unfavorable and you could see that it was rushed as it was a clear case of copy and paste . All the things they wrote does not even pertain to me.

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:56 pm

also, as the appeal was withdrawn by the UKBA, how do I get a refund as I probably would have, if the appeal had gone in front of the judge and had been successful