ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original Degree certificate damaged

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baskey

Original Degree certificate damaged

Post by baskey » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi all,

I am writing this query on behalf of my friend. His original bachelor degree certificate was damaged and he has got a duplicate degree certificate from the university on surrendering the damaged certificate back to the University. The duplicate certificate has stamp on it as "DUPLICATE". SO we are concerned whether HO will raise issues with this certificate. Though he has all original mark sheets, original provisional certificate.

Did any one come across such a situation. Whether a letter from University stating that duplicate certificate was issued in lieu of damaged certificate would be necessary!

Pls. share you thoughts.

Thanks

Baskey

jenwaller

thats wrong

Post by jenwaller » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:15 pm

Why dont u attach original transcripts and a letter from University/Department stating that the degree was awarded to him/her. The caseworkers are not as intelligent as u might hope and if they are not convinced THEY WILL REJECT!! and ur £315 and time will be wasted.

Anything worth doing is worth doing properly (Now I'm sounding like my mother)

baskey

Re: thats wrong

Post by baskey » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:33 pm

jenwaller wrote:Why dont u attach original transcripts and a letter from University/Department stating that the degree was awarded to him/her. The caseworkers are not as intelligent as u might hope and if they are not convinced THEY WILL REJECT!! and ur £315 and time will be wasted.

Anything worth doing is worth doing properly (Now I'm sounding like my mother)
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can attach original transcripts and duplicate degree certificate. But we are still concerned, whether case worker have patience to understand the particular case. As you said they may reject simply.

Did anyone come across such a situations.

Regards,

Baskey

jenwaller

Finally

Post by jenwaller » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:09 pm

Attach the letter from your university and explain the situation in your cover letter
it should be ok

Rich ZA

Post by Rich ZA » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:41 am

Also remember that you do have the option of an appeal which is considered at a higher level, should the initial caseworker lack the intelegence to understand the situation.

Be sure to write in your applicaiotn the reasons for the replacement certificate, as it is not an utterly unknown occurance.