ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric resident permit card query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kalps999
Newly Registered

Biometric resident permit card query

Post by kalps999 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Hello Member,

I just have a doubt about the biometric resident permit card. My current leave as psw has been stamped on my passport however my previous leave was on biometric card. Now there is a section on form which is asking this question.

C9. Has the applicant been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?

Yes No

As far as I remember we have to return the biometric card to home office when we apply for extension and therefore I don't have that card as I return them to homeoffice when I applied for PSW.

Now do we have to tick yes or no.

Any advice and guidance will be highly appreciated.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: Biometric resident permit card query

Post by tuliprose » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:32 pm

kalps999 wrote:Hello Member,

I just have a doubt about the biometric resident permit card. My current leave as psw has been stamped on my passport however my previous leave was on biometric card. Now there is a section on form which is asking this question.

C9. Has the applicant been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?

Yes No

As far as I remember we have to return the biometric card to home office when we apply for extension and therefore I don't have that card as I return them to homeoffice when I applied for PSW.

You must tick No. As your current leave is on passport so you were not given BRP.

sagar2009

Re: Biometric resident permit card query

Post by sagar2009 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:46 pm

kalps999 wrote:Hello Member,

Yes No

Hi,
You should tick yes in'C9. Has the applicant been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?' As you were given a biometric card previously.
Under C10- You must provide all the details and under the question 'Biometric Residence Permit enclosed?' You should tick NO . as you dont have the card with you right now it was returned to the UKBA.

Under C11. give the month and the year when you applied for your PSW and returned the card back to the UKBA. Please make sure you specify in box that the card was sent with the Application for PSW permit.
Its always better to give such details.

a85yousaf
Newly Registered

even more confused now.

Post by a85yousaf » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:44 am

Hi.
That is what i thought it states previous application not applications. But at the same time it is good to provide them with information. I am still very confused technically and logically you have to answer it with no. I am still confused anybody with an answer?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:00 am

You answer yes, because that is the correct answer as explained in some detail by the previous poster.