ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time on SET(M) postal application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chickencurrykm
Newly Registered

Processing time on SET(M) postal application

Post by Chickencurrykm » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but am at my wits end and need any help I can get! We applied for ILR using form SET(M) for my husband in the first week of May. We received an acknowledgement 3 weeks later and provided biometric data (again) over a month ago. As far as I know we have submitted all the required documents as we haven't been asked for anything else.

I requested return of my passport on 14 May and was quoted 20 working days, 69 working days later and I am still waiting.

Our MP contacted UKBA on our behalf around four weeks ago but is yet to receive a response (can take six weeks apparently).

We have a holiday to India booked for 17 November and I am worried we won't receive our documents in time. UKBA have just quoted 95% in 6 months SLA which doesn't provide much assurance given our experience with my passport.

How long are other people waiting and any tips how I can speed the process up please? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kelly

whitecity
Newly Registered

Post by whitecity » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:15 am

Hi

I posted a similar thread. My husband also applied in May via the checking service. He did his biometrics last month, so it's with the HO now...I emailed the checking service today and they said processing times are an average of 4 months.....someone on here said they applied for ILR in May too, and got their ILR a few days ago...however this was for a work permit so the process might be diff. to SET M....

Chickencurrykm
Newly Registered

Post by Chickencurrykm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks very much for your reply, 4 months is long but better than six months so hopefully we'll get our docs back in time.

I have definitely noticed a difference in service this time round (I thought 6-8 weeks was terrible before!) seems we have a lot to thank the new Government for!

Good luck with your application, fingers crossed we'll hear something soon.

Kelly

Mariyeh

Post by Mariyeh » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Chickencurrykm wrote:Thanks very much for your reply, 4 months is long but better than six months so hopefully we'll get our docs back in time.

I have definitely noticed a difference in service this time round (I thought 6-8 weeks was terrible before!) seems we have a lot to thank the new Government for!

Kelly
I have applied on 24th of Feb, still waiting. 26 weeks :cry:

whitecity
Newly Registered

Post by whitecity » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Mariyeh wrote:
Chickencurrykm wrote:Thanks very much for your reply, 4 months is long but better than six months so hopefully we'll get our docs back in time.

Kelly
I have applied on 24th of Feb, still waiting. 26 weeks :cry:
Have you called them? As they have to give you an update after waiting 6 months. Was yours also SET M?

Chickencurrykm
Newly Registered

Post by Chickencurrykm » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:47 pm

So, after a 23 minute wait on hold this morning UKBA confirmed a 'package' was sent to me on 24 August 2012. Wouldn't confirm what the package was - wait and see, she said - but I'm praying it is my passport at the very least and hoping it may be both our documents and a decision! Fingers crossed I'll receive it soon!

whitecity
Newly Registered

Post by whitecity » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Chickencurrykm wrote:So, after a 23 minute wait on hold this morning UKBA confirmed a 'package' was sent to me on 24 August 2012. Wouldn't confirm what the package was - wait and see, she said - but I'm praying it is my passport at the very least and hoping it may be both our documents and a decision! Fingers crossed I'll receive it soon!
That's good news chickencurrykm!! can i ask, what number did you call? i have tried 0870 606 7766 and it's a recorded message saying, 'please listen to the following options as we are unable to transfer your call.'.... i never get to speak to anyone!!!??

please keep us updated. good luck

Chickencurrykm
Newly Registered

Post by Chickencurrykm » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:26 pm

I use option 2, only one I've been able to speak to anyone? The other options usually just play a message and cut you off! It really is hit and miss though, some who answer just quote the SLA script at you and others will try and help.

I guess we're really lucky as came home today to all our docs and the approval letter, residence permit to follow separately, yay!!! I am so happy and relieved as I can get my passport and visa sorted now and be able to get excited about our trip.

Really hope you hear something back soon x x

whitecity
Newly Registered

Post by whitecity » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Chickencurrykm wrote:I use option 2, only one I've been able to speak to anyone? The other options usually just play a message and cut you off! It really is hit and miss though, some who answer just quote the SLA script at you and others will try and help.

I guess we're really lucky as came home today to all our docs and the approval letter, residence permit to follow separately, yay!!! I am so happy and relieved as I can get my passport and visa sorted now and be able to get excited about our trip.

Really hope you hear something back soon x x
that's great news!! happy holidays now hey! thanks i'll try option 2.......did you just receive a standard letter from the HO, not special delivery? anyway, you're probably glad to see the back of these forums....hopefully my husbands will come soon as he applied round the same time as you guys! thanks for replying and good luck with everything!

Chickencurrykm
Newly Registered

Post by Chickencurrykm » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Thank you :D They had sent it recorded delivery but good old Royal Mail popped it through the letter box without a signature, yay!

whitecity
Newly Registered

Post by whitecity » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Chickencurrykm wrote:Thank you :D They had sent it recorded delivery but good old Royal Mail popped it through the letter box without a signature, yay!
My husband got his approval letter this morning!!! Biometric card to follow! yay!

Chickencurrykm
Newly Registered

Post by Chickencurrykm » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:19 am

Brilliant news, at least we can relax and get on with our lives now :D x x

Reqluse
Newly Registered

SET(M) postal application

Post by Reqluse » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello everyone, I've been reading this forum for weeks now and am just another one of many of you enduring the pain and indignity of the UKBA office's appalling postal application service, mine being for SET(M).

Application sent: 14 May (Special delivery)
Application received: 15 May
Biometrics letter: 24 July (barcode did not work)
Biometrics enrolment: 2nd August (at public enquiry office due to barcode problem)

Current waiting time is 16 weeks, and counting.

I urgently need to travel on the 26 Sept and again in mid-Oct so I called UKBA's lovely premium line and edured 16 mins of Vivaldi on loop. Was told the same canned response: withdraw your documents and cancel your application, or wait indefinitely for a response. Count 6 months from 15 May and call us back if you don't hear anything.

If anyone can shed light based on previous experience with waiting times, if only to give a glimmer of hope, please let me know. My work schedule has been torn to pieces because of this and need to know the chances of me being able to travel.

Thank you, all who read this.

Chickencurrykm
Newly Registered

Post by Chickencurrykm » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:41 pm

For the most part SET(M) postal applications seem to be taking around four months (from my experience and what I've read on this forum) so you may hear something soon but as is the case with UKBA you can never be sure. I know it is very stressful (see my post above) as your whole life is on hold and non-urgent travel is suddenly very urgent because you've had to wait so long!

You could try involving your MP? We did though I'm not sure he added any real value! It does at least give you an option of someone else to chase up and shout at though! I also submitted a complaint to UKBA but am yet to have a response to that so it probably didn't make much difference anyway!

Unfortunately you are at UKBA mercy and sometimes all you can do is cross your fingers and hope for the best - sorry I can't add much to what you've already done and good luck with your application.

Kelly

Mcpog
Newly Registered

SET M processing

Post by Mcpog » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi all, new to this forum, and have found reading posts both helpful and encouraging.
i am UK citizen, my wife is mauritian and we have just applied for settlement, following 2 years on spouse visa.
My wife did her biometrics at the time of our last application so already had biometric card, do any of you know if this will make it any quicker?
also I have heard from advisors that with Olympics over things may speed up.
I really wish I had done the in person thing, but we did that last time and after spending a day at Croydon we then still had to wait 2 weeks for a decision, so thought what's the point this time...bad decision

Chickencurrykm
Newly Registered

Post by Chickencurrykm » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:22 pm

I have no idea why but you have to do your biometrics again each time, my husband has given his five times now for various visas, no idea why they don't just link the records! Probably just another money making opportunity and excuse to slow things up!

We've never used the 'in person' process (bit of a principle thing for me, I shouldn't need to pay extra for a quick service!) but know a couple of people who have recently and the systems have been down once they get there!

Fingers crossed they'll catch up now the Olympics have passed, on the phone UKBA have always blamed redundancies and Government cuts though so who knows!

Good luck with your application.