ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need HSMP Rules applicable in 2008

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajidsyed
Newly Registered

Need HSMP Rules applicable in 2008

Post by sajidsyed » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:33 pm

HI
I need a copy of the HSMP rules (February 2008) that were in place before tier 1 general

Can some one provide the original Law / rules

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:07 pm

Why do you need them? Even if nobody has the original documents we might be able to help with the info needed.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:31 pm

Do you want the immigration rules or the policy guidance?

sajidsyed
Newly Registered

Post by sajidsyed » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Lucapooka: Hi I Need the Immigration Rules at that time.

goldfish:
My Case for HSMP was applied on 25,January 2008. Visa was applied consequently in April 2008. The visa was initially rejected and was later allowed after a successful appeal. It was in August 2009 that VISA was stamped on our passports.

According to the rules in 2008 when i I applied HSMP and then visa, leave to enter was 2 years and was to be extended later (flr) for3 years.

By the time my appeal was decided, HSMP had long gone and tier 1 visa scheme had been launched which used to allow Leave to enter 3 years and later extension as 2 years.

Although my case was under the old HSMP scheme (Highly Skilled Migrant
is written on my VISA) but they gave me visa for 3 years initially. Now i am about to go for extension and want to get a 3 year extension (instead of 2 years) as per the original rules that were prevalent at the time when i had put up my origenal case in early 2008.

the reason for that is that i have now been 2 years 3 months in UK and want to complete rest of the period till indefinite, in just one extension. this is lots of money as we are a family of four.

I am trying to find out how to figure out how to make my point to the case worker and so want to quote both from the old rules as well as from the new ones.

can someone provide the old rules as well as some good guidance as well??

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:23 pm

The forms and guidance on the UKBA website recognise the 3 year extension for those originally on HSMP. "If you are successful, we will grant you either three years' leave or enough leave to take you to the settlement threshold, whichever is the greater."
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ionofstay/

This might also be helpful:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ialreview/

You would need to demonstrate you are actually within scope of the judicial review and that the forms above are correct for your situation.

sajidsyed
Newly Registered

Post by sajidsyed » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Thanks for this but these attachments are for HSMP Judicial review. Mine is the case after that as i applied for HSMP on January 25, 2008