ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for BC registration for child born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brij4134

Query for BC registration for child born in UK

Post by brij4134 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 am

Great salute to this forum and to every one who involved here and like to help other person without any personal gain.

Here my circumstances are:

I am on original work permit for 5 years with same employer and I am going apply for ILR in early November 2012 with my wife at PEO. I have two daughter who born in UK. I will not apply for them for ILR and once we have approved ILR, I like to send for BC registration with MN1 for both of my daugher. I will submit MN1 before my older daughter visa will run out in end of November 2012.

Second daughter is born in June 2012 and we did not apply for her passport even. By our nationality we can get her Indian passport within two weeks if necessary.

In MN1 form they ask about current nationality and passport details.

My question is

Would be OK if we do not apply for my second daughter Indian passport. If it is OK then what we mention on MN1 about current nationality and passport details?

or

We must need to get passport for my second daughter.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brij

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Passport is not required. Just put Indian under nationality. Leave passport fields blank.

brij4134

Post by brij4134 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Brij

Hucer2212
Newly Registered

Post by Hucer2212 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi there, i currently waiting for applying for ilr in dec 2012. And having read all the topics in this forum, I understand that I ll have the option not to include my kid to the ilr application and once I got my indefinite leave visa I can apply form NM1 to register my child as British citizenship. When I read the form and found out that in section 1.3 about When the child was granted indefinite leave In the UK, can you advise me what is the answer to this question if I didn't include my kid in the ilr application?

Many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:08 am

I assume your child was born in the UK.

I suggest you read the question in the form again. Pay attention to every word in the question.