ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ILR - Change of guidelines

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinca
Newly Registered

10 year ILR - Change of guidelines

Post by vinca » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi All, I have a few questions with regards to 10 year ILR application.

1) Is the 10 year period claimed limited to the guidelines that exiisted at the same period? i.e. if say one was claiming between 97 - 2007, and applied today, would the caseworker use guidelines/interpretations as of 2007 or 2012?

I ask as there is slight change in the current guidelines (example 1) which supports my application though i'm claiming a 10 yr period in the past.

2) Is it possible to apply for ILR whilst being abroad?

Any advice would be useful. Thanks!

Vinca

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:10 pm

My understanding is that in your case you would be measured on current rules/guidelines.

On second question, ILR is leave to remain. If you are out of UK, you would first need Entry leave, and then qualify for Remain leave. By Murphy's Law, the answer is NO.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

vinca
Newly Registered

Post by vinca » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:43 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:My understanding is that in your case you would be measured on current rules/guidelines.

On second question, ILR is leave to remain. If you are out of UK, you would first need Entry leave, and then qualify for Remain leave. By Murphy's Law, the answer is NO.
Thank for your response.

I asked the 2nd question as I am currently on an assignment abroad with work and cannot afford to return to the UK for a minimum of 3 months waiting time after making the ILR application! However, i am mindful that the rules may change again. Tough decision.

Thanks again.