ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1(General) Extension on existing Tier-1(extension)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

girish

Tier-1(General) Extension on existing Tier-1(extension)

Post by girish » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi,
I want to understand few basic questions regarding Tier-1 extension; if somebody could help me please

I am currently on Tier-1 extension(visa expiring on Jan-2013):
1. How many times can i apply for tier-1 extensions ?
2. Can i apply it 3+ months in advance ? I understand in this case; UKBA would consider the extension date from the date of application and not from the expiry date
3. Where can i find the application form/Link in UKBA web-site for all this relevant Tier-1 extension details ?
4. What is the Min. points required to be scored for extension on extension - 95 Points ?
5. I understand Bio-metric is important. Does it have to be done before i apply for Tier-1 extension or is it part of process ?

P.S: I am applying for Tier-1 extension;because i was outside UK for more than 90 days and hence not eligible to apply for PR :(

Many thanks in advance
Girish

girish

Post by girish » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Dear Friends,
Any quick help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Girish

tier1_aspirant123

Re: Tier-1(General) Extension on existing Tier-1(extension)

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 pm

please see my responses in line...
girish wrote:Hi,
I want to understand few basic questions regarding Tier-1 extension; if somebody could help me please

I am currently on Tier-1 extension(visa expiring on Jan-2013):
1. How many times can i apply for tier-1 extensions ?
any number of times
2. Can i apply it 3+ months in advance ? I understand in this case; UKBA would consider the extension date from the date of application and not from the expiry date
yes you can, there have been cases where people got extension from date of expiry but i think it is at case workers discretion
3. Where can i find the application form/Link in UKBA web-site for all this relevant Tier-1 extension details ?
a simple google search can give u this...
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf
4. What is the Min. points required to be scored for extension on extension - 95 Points ?
what was the min points that you needed when applied for previous extension? it will same as previous extension, for more information see policy document...
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
5. I understand Bio-metric is important. Does it have to be done before i apply for Tier-1 extension or is it part of process ?
you will get a letter for biometric after you apply for extension

P.S: I am applying for Tier-1 extension;because i was outside UK for more than 90 days and hence not eligible to apply for PR :(

Many thanks in advance
Girish
Tier1 Aspirant