ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR-when does 5 year qualifying period start

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

michaelb1
Newly Registered

PR-when does 5 year qualifying period start

Post by michaelb1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:01 pm

I am an Irish citizen living in UK for the past 25 years . My wife came here in October 2007 from the Philippines on a 6 month fiancee visa ,We got married in November the same year , She applied for EEA residence after we got married .Thats due to expire soon and she now intends to apply for P.R.
My question is when does her 5yr qualifying period begin- (a)when she entered the UK, (b)when we got married or (c) when she got her eea residence .Any ideas ? :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: PR-when does 5 year qualifying period start

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:09 pm

michaelb1 wrote:I am an Irish citizen living in UK for the past 25 years . My wife came here in October 2007 from the Philippines on a 6 month fiancee visa ,We got married in November the same year , She applied for EEA residence after we got married .Thats due to expire soon and she now intends to apply for P.R.
My question is when does her 5yr qualifying period begin- (a)when she entered the UK, (b)when we got married or (c) when she got her eea residence .Any ideas ? :)
In your wife's case, the day you got married (I take it that she came to the UK and you married in the UK). I also take it that you have (or are entitled to have) permanent residence.

michaelb1
Newly Registered

Post by michaelb1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Many thanks for that helpful reply :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 am