ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issues with appointment dates in PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sibaji

Issues with appointment dates in PEO

Post by sibaji » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Hello,

I had received my HSMP visa on Dec 18, 2007 but I entered the UK on Feb 15, 2008 (that is, a gap of 2 months)

Now, my Tier-1 visa expires on Dec 18, 2012, but my 5-year stay in the UK only completes on Feb 15, 2013 (that is, the same gap of 2 months as before)

I am told that UKBA provides a bandwidth of upto 3 months for people delaying in entering the UK after receiving the visa.

So, here are my questions:

1. Can I apply for ILR (Permanent Settlement) a month before my current visa expires expires, i.e. Nov 18 onwards ?

2. For a Premium Application, how many days before my intended application date (Nov 18 onwards, in this case) should I try to book the appointment ?

(I have tried the Premium Application booking system, and I always fail to book an appointment , no matter what dates and PEOs I select. Are there any smart ways to book an apppointment?)

A diligent answer would be ahighly appreciated !!

Many thanks in advance.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 pm

try booking appointments just after 12 AM

and also please delete one additional post which you have created.

sibaji

Query

Post by sibaji » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Many thanks Arif. Can someone please provide an answer to the rest of my query please, it would be a great help, and would remove a lot of ambiguity. Many thanks in advance.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi

I have exact same dates as you have ! You can apply 28 day before your visa expiry date which in your case will be 20 Nov 2012. If You entered within 3 months of your EC issue date , which is your case , hence you can apply for ILR on or after 20 Nov 2012.

There are many other individuals on this forum who have done this and also applied on PEO. Mean entered late and applied 28 days before their visa expiry date. Searching This forum should help.

Regards,
Tipu

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 pm

sorry but I am not Arif!

sibaji

Thanks Tipu

Post by sibaji » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks Tipu, your answer is crystal clear. May I also take the opportunity to ask you:

1. Whats the best way to get an PEO appointment for a Premium application ? (I have tried many times, but yet to get any so far)

2. In the Set (O) form for ILR where it asks "Have you completed 5 years of legitimate stay as on the application date?", what should I write ? YES or NO. (Because my actual stay as of Nov 20 would be only around 4 years and 9 months.)

Many thanks in advance.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi sibaji, please follow your another post.
Thanks
Arif