ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Length of time sponsoring UK national can be abroad for ILR?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Siren

Length of time sponsoring UK national can be abroad for ILR?

Post by Siren » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:04 am

Are there any restrictions on the length of time the sponsoring UK national can be outside of the country during the probationary period before applying for ILR (inside the country)?

It just seems to say husband or wife IS currently living and settled in the UK.

If I were to leave the country for say eight weeks at a time returning for say 1 or 2 weeks for say six months over the winter period say to Cyprus for health reasons while my wife remained in the UK for the probationary period assuming I was living and settled in the UK for say a few months prior to filing the ILR would this have an adverse effect on the ILR application?

Many thanks, Siren :)
The information on these pages is based on Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.

If you apply but cannot meet all the requirements for this category, you will be refused and your application fee will not be refunded.

Your husband, wife or civil partner must be:

currently living and settled in the UK; or
returning to the UK with you to live here permanently (if you are currently outside the UK).