ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - 5yr WP - Croydon PEO [Templates included]

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

conan_hn
Newly Registered

ILR Success - 5yr WP - Croydon PEO [Templates included]

Post by conan_hn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi all

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to all of you and especially to those who have helped me via PMs.

A little bit of background about my case - pretty straight-forward:

Background Info:
  • Five-year WP holder - same employer throughout.

My appointment today is exactly 28 days away from my work permit's expiry date.

EC date was a day after the WP's "valid from" date.

Total number of days outside the UK was less than 180 and no single absence was greater than 90 days.

Next, I'd like to share with you my experience at the Croydon PEO this morning.

Croydon PEO:
  • Appointment booked at 8am. I arrived at 7am and was the first one there. I decided to spend some times to find a Starbucks for a cup of coffee nearby.

Got back at 7:20am and started queuing up, a security guy now appeared outside and he was extremely friendly. I was the second in the queue but first to be processed.

7:30am sharp, both doors open, I started moving to the airport-style security check, afterwards I was guided to one of the counters in the hall on the ground floor. A member of the staff checked my application form & passport quickly and issued me a ticket and advised me to go the 1st floor.

The "messengers" staff (standing at the stairwell) were very friendly, greeted me and guided me to where to go.

7:37am: Made my payment at one of those designated counters and then asked to move across the hall to sit down & wait in the waiting area on the 1st floor.

7:58am: my ticket number was called to one of the counters. A friendly lady apologised me for the wait and asked me for my application form & photographs. She did some sort of checking my application form & scanning my photo then told me to wait by the Biometric area.

8:08am: was asked to go to one of the counters in the Biometric area. The standard process took about 10 minutes. The lady then told me to go to the 2nd floor.

8:20am: Moved to the second floor and again, was the first person there. Waited….

8:50am: Finally a voice from the tannoy started calling out my ticket number. I moved to the counter, the case worker greeted me and asked for my passport & documents.
    • I started bringing out my ring-bound folder and she just asked me to give the whole thing to her. I was a little surprised as I was expecting her to ask for each document in turn.

She told me that she’d have a look at my application and warned me that it might take around 1.5 hours. She advised me to go elsewhere or just wait in the waiting area.

In my folder, I had separated my documents (except my passports) into 3 main categories, they were kept in punched pockets. Documents inside each pocket were further split by paper clips. They are:
      • Passports (previous & current)

Application form

Originals:
        • - Appointment letter printed from email
          - Life in the UK pass certificate (scored 100% btw :))
          - 3 months’ bank statement (one of which is a temporary one requested at one of the HSBC branches)
          - Letter from my employer
          - 3 months’ payslips (electronic but stamped plus a cover letter from HR stating that the payslips are true copies of the originals)
          - Letter from my immigration adviser
        Photocopies: of all of the above except the application form
      I had a bunch of other supporting documents (e.g. 5 years P60s, 12months’ bank statements & payslips, original work permit document) but didn’t provide them to the lady.
    9:50am: The lady called me over and said my ILR application has been successful, gave me the letters confirming so and told me that a biometric card will be sent to my address within the next 7 working days.

10:00am: Left the building with a very happy face :)
Overall, I think the whole experience was very pleasant. Members of staff were friendly (more than I expected) & professional.

Toilets were clean!

Note that you are not allowed to bring food & drinks inside. I had to leave my cup of coffee outside :p There are vending machines & a cafeteria inside the waiting area.

In the next section, as promised, I'd like to provide you some details on my supporting documents

Details of my supporting documents:
  • Employment letter template:
    HR certification of electronic payslips template:
    Schedule of absences template:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35884310/Sched ... neric.xlsx

This sheet was printed out & attached to the application form.
    Letter from immigration adviser:
    This is like a cover letter printed in the adviser's company's headed paper. The document states the full list of supporting documents as stated above.

There is also a statement in the letter saying that I clearly meets the ILR criteria and contact details for further documentation if necessary
    HSBC temporary bank statement:
    HSBC doesn't stamp temporary bank statements. I would recommend you to ask for a Clearing Balance letter to supplement the statement. This letter contains your name & home address and has Branch manager's signature

Well, that's all guys. Once again, I'd like to thank you all for your support. If it is your turn next then best of luck.

I am happy to answer any questions and will provide update on the delivery of my card.

Thanks

Conan

PS: I forgot to mention that you'd receive an "appointment notification" email immediately from NoReply@ukba.gsi.gov.uk after each stage was done. In total, I received 10 notification emails from this address on the day.
Last edited by conan_hn on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

brian78

congrats

Post by brian78 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:10 pm

hi there

please could you let me know, what was the content of the letter from the immigration adviser.

thank you

Brian

girish1428

Post by girish1428 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Congrats !!

were there any absences > 180 or 90 ( in 1 go )...
did she ask you about them please...

Nirrik
BANNED

Post by Nirrik » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Congrats Conan.

Can you please advise if you had any absences, and if so, how these were dealt with.

Many thanks,

N

conan_hn
Newly Registered

Re: congrats

Post by conan_hn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:53 pm

brian78 wrote:hi there

please could you let me know, what was the content of the letter from the immigration adviser.

thank you

Brian
Hi Brian, yes I've edited my original post.

girish1428 wrote:Congrats !!

were there any absences > 180 or 90 ( in 1 go )...
did she ask you about them please...
Nirrik wrote:Congrats Conan.

Can you please advise if you had any absences, and if so, how these were dealt with.

Many thanks,

N
Thanks,

My case was straight-forward. Total number of days outside the UK was less than 180 and no single absence was greater than 90 days.

brij4134

Re: ILR Success - 5 year Work Permit Holder - Croydon PEO

Post by brij4134 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Bunch of congrats to you.
I will apply in early November so thanks for your wish.
Brij

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:31 am

Well Done Conan_Hn and congratulations on your success.

Re HSBC Statements: Do you mean duplicate statements. I have opted out of paper statements, so i ordered last 6 months statements and they all are stated as Duplicate. I hope that shouldn't be a problem.

conan_hn
Newly Registered

Post by conan_hn » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:24 am

panther80 wrote:Well Done Conan_Hn and congratulations on your success.

Re HSBC Statements: Do you mean duplicate statements. I have opted out of paper statements, so i ordered last 6 months statements and they all are stated as Duplicate. I hope that shouldn't be a problem.
Hi panther80

Thank u very much for ur MSG.

For my application, I would need to provide my August bank statement which shows my salary income in (end) August. My bank statements normally get delivered to me on the second week of the next month which would be after my appointment date.

Therefore I had to go to a HSBC branch to ask for a print out of all transactions made from the last bank statement to date. This is what I meant by a temporary statement.

If your Duplicate statements have ur name & address on them then I am sure they are fine. I would have done the same but didnt have enough time (it normally takes 10 working days for them to be delivered right?)

Cheers

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:41 am

Okay got you. I already have the 6 months statements starting from March and have arranged for paper statement to be delivered in September. Got appointment booked in the first week of October, so the last statement of September showing her pay for the month will suffice.. This is for my wife, but i would be applying for FLR once she gets her ILR.
Many Thanks

Nirrik
BANNED

Post by Nirrik » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:33 am

Conan_hn,

Thank you for all the information and templates, very kind.

Once again, congratulations.

N

Nirrik
BANNED

Post by Nirrik » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 am

Hi Conan,

I notice that you did not include the date of departure and date of return in you travel spreadsheet. Is there any information/guidance saying that these should not be included?

Thanks,

N

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:51 am

They just want to know the number of days you have been out of the country. If you want you can include the dates, but it is not a requirement.

conan_hn
Newly Registered

Post by conan_hn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:14 am

Nirrik wrote:Hi Conan,

I notice that you did not include the date of departure and date of return in you travel spreadsheet. Is there any information/guidance saying that these should not be included?

Thanks,

N
panther80 wrote:They just want to know the number of days you have been out of the country. If you want you can include the dates, but it is not a requirement.
Hi Nirrik

In the spreadsheet, columns B and C show the "Date Left the UK" and "Date Returned to the UK" respectively. Are these not what you are after?

As panther80 pointed out, they mainly pay attention on the total number of days outside the UK and number of days for each absence.

Note that columns B, C and D are the same as those in section 6 of the application form. I just added additional columns to help the case-worker check the info provided.

I hope that answers your question?

Thanks

Conan

conan_hn
Newly Registered

Yippy

Post by conan_hn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Card was sent out on the 10th but I wasn't home.

Received a letter from the courier - DX (www.thedx.co.uk) - advising on how to arrange a re-delivery

Collected my card today at last.

I am so happy guys. Once again, thank you all.

Best of luck