ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (HSMP) processing time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cagrawal

FLR (HSMP) processing time

Post by cagrawal » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi,

Those who have sent their FLR(HSMP) for in the last one month, can you please share your application processing times?

Regards,
Chandan

sjb2007
Newly Registered

Leave to remain processing times- query

Post by sjb2007 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:58 pm

Hiya

I too am wondering about processing times for LTR Applications. I am looking to apply for my extension of LTR by the end of this week, but am wanting to book a flight to attend a wedding 19 Feb- need to know if i am being optimistic about processing times! :)

Thanks.

HSMP5thDec

Re: FLR (HSMP) processing time

Post by HSMP5thDec » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:09 pm

please check my recent posts. I've applied on 12 dec and got passport back on 4 Jan. in the meantime, there was a problem with cc charging and photos (lost by them). fairly quick though.
cagrawal wrote:Hi,

Those who have sent their FLR(HSMP) for in the last one month, can you please share your application processing times?

Regards,
Chandan

hopefulApplicant
Newly Registered

Going in person

Post by hopefulApplicant » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:24 pm

Hi,

Has anyone ever gone in person (or tried to arrange to possibly do this)? I am also leaving this all quite late. I am about to submit my HSMP application later this week with a view to getting it back in early Feb.

Our visa is up in March and we plan to go up to London to apply in person. What do you think of our prospects?

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. -> Just to make it interesting, we have booked a skiing trip for the end of Feb :)

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:34 pm

as we say back home, i think youve got 2 chances:
buckleys, and none :)

i too wish it could be done in person. will ask them on the phone tomorrow whilst checking up where my application is at. Be interesting to see what they have to say about it. I want to go away early Feb.

hopefulApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulApplicant » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:20 pm

shockboy2000 wrote:as we say back home, i think youve got 2 chances:
buckleys, and none :)
I'd love to hear what you find out mate. We are heading home to Oz for 6 weeks in March. I'd really like to have all this visa stuff sorted out before then. In the meantime...I'll just keep my fingers crossed :)

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:24 pm

HI,

I sent my in country application on the 19th, they got it on the 20th, i got a letter dated the 20th saying that they took the payment and now that its being looked at, they also said NOT to contact them within the first 28 days.

Did anyone get theirs back? I have a short holiday staring the 18th and hopeing to get my passport back :/

cagrawal

Re: Going in person

Post by cagrawal » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Are you talking about PEO at Croydon.
I dont think they handle FLR - HSMP.
hopefulApplicant wrote:Hi,

Has anyone ever gone in person (or tried to arrange to possibly do this)? I am also leaving this all quite late. I am about to submit my HSMP application later this week with a view to getting it back in early Feb.

Our visa is up in March and we plan to go up to London to apply in person. What do you think of our prospects?

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. -> Just to make it interesting, we have booked a skiing trip for the end of Feb :)

HSMP MESS

Post by HSMP MESS » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Dear Knigh7,
I have posted FLRHSMP on the same date as you
Only got payment acknowledgement and a letter telling not to call for 28 days
Post here if any information
Even i am anxiously waiting

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:34 pm

Although I submitted my HSMP Extension 4 weeks ago, it appears that my case has not yet been allocated to a caseworker. But I still have time left in my current leave. Probably they would have considered my application too early and given low priority.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:08 pm

i too would have thought LTR expiry might have had some bearing on priority, i.e. dont give them dodgy HSMPers any free days...but my LTR expires this weekend and i havent even got a reference number yet :)

i'm tired of worried about it though

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:17 pm

Hi JK,

I thought the guidelines clearly state, not to apply earlier than 5 weeks before LTR expires. How early did you apply?? ( Because, you seem to have mentioned that you still have leave even after 4 weeks of your app)

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:17 pm

shockboy2000 wrote:but my LTR expires this weekend and i havent even got a reference number yet :)

i'm tired of worried about it though
I was told that once we submit the FLR application in time before the expiry of current visa, our current Visa (HSMP) continues - regardless of the date of expiry - until the decision is made.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:19 pm

thats true - hence why i dont really care, so long as i have my hands on my passport by early Feb for travel

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:20 pm

well yes, one can legally stay in the country until the decision has been made (even if the LTR expires during the decision time). However, you are a disadvantage if the result is a refusal.

Because you will be overstaying in the country (from the time LTR expired) while making alternate arrangements.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:22 pm

they give u 28 days, which is reasonable

still no straight answer whether u can work whilst your appeal is in progress

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:22 pm

You wouldn't technically have overstayed, you would have held permission to be in the UK under section 118 (section 3C as amended) of the immigration act.
________
Herbal vaporizer
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:26 pm

"they give u 28 days, which is reasonable

still no straight answer whether u can work whilst your appeal is in progress"

I'm not sure I've ever seen 28 days confirmed in writing, although it is quoted often.

You can work whilst an appeal is processed (provided the decision grants right of appeal). You need to make the appeal with 10 days (I think) and you continue to hold the same permission whilst the case was being processed.
________
Hot box vaporizer
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 pm

webhunter wrote:well yes, one can legally stay in the country until the decision has been made (even if the LTR expires during the decision time). However, you are a disadvantage if the result is a refusal.

Because you will be overstaying in the country (from the time LTR expired) while making alternate arrangements.
My understanding is that until the decision is made, your current status is valid, that is not only you can stay but can also work. For example if current HSMP expires on December 31, and if theHO makes decision on February 15, then you can legally work between Dec 31 - Feb 15.

hopefulApplicant
Newly Registered

Re: Going in person

Post by hopefulApplicant » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:10 pm

cagrawal wrote:Are you talking about PEO at Croydon.
I dont think they handle FLR - HSMP.
Bugger! I just re-read the FLR guidelines and saw that I can't apply in person. Shockboy, did you have any luck when you phoned them?

I guess we are going to have to apply when we are in Australia. Can this be done in any capital city, or do we have to travel to Canberra?

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:24 pm

prob canberra. but the Brit embassy is walking distance (literally) from the airport, so u dont even have to go into Canberra city if u dont want

i like canberra...its speed city with hardly any traffic lights.

hopefulApplicant
Newly Registered

Long way to go...

Post by hopefulApplicant » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:27 pm

Yeah....I have been there before...but it is a hell of a long way to go from Perth :(

Am I just dreaming thinking that I could apply for HSMP and FLR before Feb 26 (I already know the answer to this....I am merely looking for confirmation) :(

hopefulApplicant
Newly Registered

Re: Long way to go...

Post by hopefulApplicant » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:37 pm

hopefulApplicant wrote: Am I just dreaming thinking that I could apply for HSMP and FLR before Feb 26 (I already know the answer to this....I am merely looking for confirmation) :(
Sorry for replying to my own post, but can anyone confirm if it is actually OK to get HSMP approval whilst in the UK and then apply for leave to remain whilst out of the UK???

Also, we have a ticket out of the UK before our visa expires and returning a few days after it expires. Then we have another ticket to Australia a few days later. Will we be allowed back into the country????

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:29 am

HSMP MESS wrote:Dear Knigh7,
I have posted FLRHSMP on the same date as you
Only got payment acknowledgement and a letter telling not to call for 28 days
Post here if any information
Even i am anxiously waiting
I got my passport back with the visa on it yesterday :)

I applied on the 19th of Dec, payment on the 20 and it arrived on the 10th of Jan. But the visa is for 2 years?

Good Luck to you all and a big thank you to everyone who posted on this forum as it made life much easier

Kind Regards,
Ahmad

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:35 am

you mentioned the visa is for 2 years, I am assuming that this is the initial hsmp application and not an extension.