ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from Jamaica

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shan24
Newly Registered

Settlement visa application from Jamaica

Post by Shan24 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:16 am

Hello, I would just like to know if anybody has had any experiences with Jamaica recently. My husband's visa application was submitted in July and we still have not heard anything. This waiting is driving me mad. Is there a way to track the process? any advice will be greatly appreciated.

cherie
Newly Registered

Post by cherie » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:55 am

Your husband was given a tracking number, its the only way to find out I'm afraid. Plus ukba Jamaica timeline for processing settlement visas is 60 working days. So about a month's wait or so depending on application date, left for him...hopefully! Good luck!

D.Reader
Newly Registered

Post by D.Reader » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Evening.
Has you can see from my timeline it took almost 7 weeks (34 days).
I have looked at the processing times of Kingston and it seems they are taking longer to deal with Spouse Visa, When I applied the time line was 50% now it is 22% by 40 days.
I think maybe they have had quiet a few application due to the fact more people were trying to get their Applications in before 9th July.

I am so sorry, you will have to sweat it out, I know how that feels you cant think of nothing else.
I wish you the best of luck and your husband get the call his visa is there to be collected from Kingston very soon

All the best. God bless

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Remember its 60 working days,and not normal days. 5 working days equals 1 week.

60 days equals 3 months, so by my reckoning you will most likely hear at end of September beginning of October :wink:

Linkz12
Newly Registered

Post by Linkz12 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:20 pm

My husband's application was processed in exactly 9 weeks (45 working days) from the day he took his biometrics.

He'll be on his way to join me in a matter of days.

God bless :D

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I made an application in July also and we are still waiting.

Fingers crossed it will be before the end of September

Good luck, I know its a long wait

evabless23
Newly Registered

Post by evabless23 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 am

Hi every one, I have been following on here since April and now decided to become a member to let everyone out there know that they are not alone.

My hubby submitted his settlement application 43 working days ago at the Kingston UKBA. :shock: and we still have not heard anything. I know how frustrating it can be, but we just have to stick it out, continue to pray and most of all have faith.

We have 2 children, my eldest starts nursery next week, every day he asks for his Dad and my reply is always soon, soon!! (he is getting annoyed with that word now lol)

The wait will SOON be over, it can only get shorter.

xxEvabless23xx

[/quote]

Misssureting
Newly Registered

Re: Busy Times At The Consulate

Post by Misssureting » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Everyone
New to this forum and desperately waiting to hear the success of my husbands application.

I recently emailed worldbridge today to find out if there was an abundance of applications this month.
And as to whether you are emailed or telephoned in the regards to the success of your application.

We are in such a dilemma as my husbands work permit expires in October. In order for him to continue in his present job in Antigua whilst we await the outcome of his application. His passport has to be stamped, before it expiration. His passport is at present alongside his application in Kingston.
We are unable to request his passport back to get it stamped without cancelling our application.
So this is not option for us.
Also my husband has managed to secure a job here in the Uk. But sadly he will miss out on this postion as his final start date is the end of this month. After it was extended gracefully

This is the response I got back today.

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting WorldBridge Service, The UK Border Agency's Commercial Partner. We appreciate your patience regarding the response to your enquiry as WorldBridge strives to provide the most accurate responses to all enquiries. Below you will find the response to that enquiry.

Normally, applicant will have to wait until the package is returned to find out whether a visa has been granted or denied. Currently, the Consulate is experiencing a high volume of applications.

Please visit the link below for information about average processing times
Thank you again for contacting WorldBridge.
Very sincerely yours,
WorldBridge Service

Settlement Visa

Visa transaction confirmation 6th July 2012
Visa payment 6th July 2012
Biometrics 26th July 2012
Visa application received by Kingston 8th August

Looks like where in for a long wait :

Once again I contact Worldbridge in regards to the abundance of applications and timescale.
I received a speedy reply which pacified me for the time being.
But the most alarming thing was my husband then received an email to state that his passport was being returned.
This is highly coincidental but for that second it kept me from going stir crazy!
We now have to wait until Monday to find out the outcome of my husband visa.
Nail biting moment neither of us can sleep :(
I have read on this forum that people have been phoned to state the succession of their application.
Is this standard ?
Or is it dependant of what Country you are residing in when applying ?

Misssureting
Newly Registered

Post by Misssureting » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 pm

:D MY husband was granted his visa today!!!
42 days minus a bank holiday or was it 41 sorry ive stopped counting im so happy :D