ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: have appointment but overstaying

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Post by ashu.doc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35 am

Hello
Luckily I got an appointment for PEO, I need guidance please, my leave is ending on 30th sep and my appointment is on 17th oct, if I submit my application online before 30th sept and do payment online as well and wait for that appointment, will I be able to continue to work under the same employer as I am not changing the employer?
Please help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:00 am

Probably better to make a valid in-time (34G) application by post.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 am

ashu.doc wrote:Hello
Luckily I got an appointment for PEO, I need guidance please, my leave is ending on 30th sep and my appointment is on 17th oct, if I submit my application online before 30th sept and do payment online as well and wait for that appointment, will I be able to continue to work under the same employer as I am not changing the employer?
Please help.
I would go for apply by post.Even it takes months you'll be okay. But if you wait and your visa expires then its a problem for you.

Go for post.

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

hi

Post by ashu.doc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:08 am

Hi
the reason why I was not applying for post is, my wife who is applying with me has not got any address proof yet, we are arranging something now. For sending the application by post, we have to send two address prooves as well, which will take few days to come and also I am going to India on 3rd november so I need passport before that.
If I am sending the online application and depositing money as well before my visa expires the according to 34G
34G.For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application or claim (or a variation in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is as follows:
(iv) where the application is made via the online application process, on the date on which the online application is submitted.
my application will still be submitted before 30th sept which is my date of visa expiry, which I think is equivalent of sending application by post, its only my appointment is on 17th oct. Am I correct?

rbk1597

Re: hi

Post by rbk1597 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:38 pm

ashu.doc wrote:Hi
the reason why I was not applying for post is, my wife who is applying with me has not got any address proof yet, we are arranging something now. For sending the application by post, we have to send two address prooves as well, which will take few days to come and also I am going to India on 3rd november so I need passport before that.
If I am sending the online application and depositing money as well before my visa expires the according to 34G
34G.For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application or claim (or a variation in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is as follows:
(iv) where the application is made via the online application process, on the date on which the online application is submitted.
my application will still be submitted before 30th sept which is my date of visa expiry, which I think is equivalent of sending application by post, its only my appointment is on 17th oct. Am I correct?
If you apply today online and send docs by post, your application MAY be concluded before the 17th of October.

Also is it a requirement to submit proof of address for dependants? Someone shed some light here!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: hi

Post by Greenie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 pm

ashu.doc wrote:Hi

no - you are not correct. the date of your application is the date you attend your appointment, not the date you submit your application online -you are not submitting the application via the online process, you are applying in person.

where the application form is submitted in person, the date on which it is accepted by a public enquiry office of the United Kingdom Border Agency of the Home Office,

what do you mean by 'address proof'

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by ashu.doc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi Greenie
You may be correct, I am bit confused now because I have rung the home office and confirmed this, they said I can submit and pay for application online and that should be before my visa expiry date 30 sep and attend the appointment on 17 oct. also i can continue to work in that duration as im with the same employer.