ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP EXTENSION After 1+3 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaiswal
Newly Registered

HSMP EXTENSION After 1+3 years

Post by jaiswal » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:34 am

HI ALL,

i have been just looking into the hsmp extension points, its seems that UK govt want people out of this counteries as the person who is working since three four years, paying full taxes and not getting any beniftits suddlenly on a cross road.

in my case if i need to get 75 points and they have changed the rule just in dec.06 how i will show as i can score on MBA(35 POINTS) , NO POINTS ON AGE, 5 POINTS ON UK EXPERIENCE and if i am earning18000 to 22000, how i can overnight i will earn 50000 to get 75 points,

is there any body taking legal action, or can any body help??

cagrawal

dont worry

Post by cagrawal » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:05 pm

hi jaiswal,

dont panic and dont worry. those who are not eligible under the new HSMP scheme can switch to Work Permits.
I know this can be a pain but speak to your employer and see if there is any option.

Chandan

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: dont worry

Post by pantaiema » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:49 pm

Yes that is through
Just need to be careful and need to see the whole picture because:
- Only job that is likely to be awarde WP could do this
-your clock towards 5 years ILR will be reset
- one must have been working fro at least 8 months in that jobs.

Pantaiema

cagrawal wrote:hi jaiswal,

dont panic and dont worry. those who are not eligible under the new HSMP scheme can switch to Work Permits.
I know this can be a pain but speak to your employer and see if there is any option.

Chandan
Last edited by pantaiema on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaiswal
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:18 pm

hi

thanks all for your suggestion, yes i am going to talk to my employer but its really difficult as he might switched over to someone else as nobody wants to do the hassels for going for work permit.

but still i will try

can u please tell me whats the minimum salary you need to qualify ?

jaiswal
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:28 pm

can you also suggest if i go for second job to ful fill the points, is it ok?

PASS

Post by PASS » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Second Job - as per the current point scheme Yes, because you need to show only total sum.

You can file your tax return which will be show your combined income. However, this may help only after 12 months, so, may not solve your current extension problem.
Last edited by PASS on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaiswal
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:35 pm

thanks for your reply, but please tell me one more thing how can its after 12 months. because this scheme has been placed only this dec.06 and my extension is due in aug07. so how they will calculate?

whats the salary bracket?

thanks

Spear

Post by Spear » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:04 pm

HO accepts income from several jobs including part time jobs and overseas jobs (over the 12 month period)

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:59 am

Please dont put your hope on changing to WP if the work you are doing is not a graduate level job as HO has rejected some applications of those who tried to move to WP based on this reason.

The only visible solution is court for Judicial review. So join the London protest of 11th Jan. You should also join the HSMP Forum fighting the changes.

jaiswal
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:32 am

deal all

thanks for the reply

please let me know where the London protest is on 11the jan?, yes i will ready to join any forum?

thanks

cagrawal

Post by cagrawal » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:17 am

I dont think there is any salary requirement for work permit. the employer shud be meeting the national bare minimum for employment.
jaiswal wrote:hi

thanks all for your suggestion, yes i am going to talk to my employer but its really difficult as he might switched over to someone else as nobody wants to do the hassels for going for work permit.

but still i will try

can u please tell me whats the minimum salary you need to qualify ?

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:02 am

the guidelines states that salary should be equal to or even better compared to compensation being offered to a resident.

also please bear in mind that company should provide proof that no local resident is able to do the job...meaning there is a lack of manpower resource in the UK or EU before HO considers an non-UK and non-EU national.

jaiswal
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:16 am

thanks all!!!

please dont mind if i am puting questions as i am desprately need my extensions

1) what if join as a consultant as a second job, how they calculate 12 months period on my salary as my extension is due on sept07 means i will apply in aug07

2) if i am a director of a company will they considered divident or salary .

regards

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:03 pm

I believe, it is ok to do 2-3 pbs for salary to reach salary barcket for LTR extension. Though not sure because I have not read this case yet.

But if it is not highly skilled job, the chance for rejection is quite high if you opt to switch to WP.

jaiswal wrote:can you also suggest if i go for second job to ful fill the points, is it ok?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:09 pm

Dear Markie

I think the guidance clealry mention that "the resident labour test could be waived" if someone switch from HSMP to WP.

For jaiswal I have not read any income threshold that need to be satisfied before someone swith from HSMP to WP. (Though not sure about this, have anyone seen ??). The point here is just that:
-Employers is willing to file/sponsor WP
- Type of job should be the job that is likely to be awarded WP. So, students jobs, Jobs that do not need a degree is hard to qualify.

Pantaiema

Markie wrote:the guidelines states that salary should be equal to or even better compared to compensation being offered to a resident.

also please bear in mind that company should provide proof that no local resident is able to do the job...meaning there is a lack of manpower resource in the UK or EU before HO considers an non-UK and non-EU national.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:21 pm

"I think the guidance clealry mention that "the resident labour test could be waived" if someone switch from HSMP to WP."

Only if one has been in the position long enough, i.e. 8 months for those whose visa was for 12 months and 12 months for those whose visa was for more than 12 months.
________
Religion Discussion
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:32 pm

Yes WoodieG

Forgot to mention. Thank you for additionalk info.

pantaiema
WoodieG wrote:"I think the guidance clealry mention that "the resident labour test could be waived" if someone switch from HSMP to WP."

Only if one has been in the position long enough, i.e. 8 months for those whose visa was for 12 months and 12 months for those whose visa was for more than 12 months.

jaiswal
Newly Registered

hsmp forum

Post by jaiswal » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:03 am

hi

can anybody let me know the adress of HSMP FORUM , i also want to join the fight against the changes.

please

thanks

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:33 pm

But how about if HO switch HSMP to WP,is that going to be PR after 1+3+1+1(WORK PERMIT)?Or you have to wait another 5 years to get PR?

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:46 pm

[quote="pantaiema"]Dear Markie

I think the guidance clealry mention that "the resident labour test could be waived" if someone switch from HSMP to WP.

For jaiswal I have not read any income threshold that need to be satisfied before someone swith from HSMP to WP. (Though not sure about this, have anyone seen ??). The point here is just that:
-Employers is willing to file/sponsor WP
- Type of job should be the job that is likely to be awarded WP. So, students jobs, Jobs that do not need a degree is hard to qualify.

Pantaiema

The guidelines I am mentioning here is on the business and commercial guidelines...meaning WP...

If a company is willing to sponsor WP but would not meet the guidelines setforth by HO...it is futile..